“Another Great Stay”

Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort
Ranked #16 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel is a great value on one of the best beaches in Cancun. The staff is extremely friendly and always try to accomodate you in any way. From the front desk to the concierge to the waiters at the restaurants- always friendly and attentive.
Although this has no bearing on the hotel itself, we enrolled in the ambassador program offered by IHG...Don't waste your money....full of fine print which pretty much gives them an excuse for not honoring the alleged perks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antknee001
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Ki’imak-k’in Antknee001,

Thank you for continuously letting us know about your stays at our resort!

It is with great pleasure that I read that you had another great stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our superb beach. Our staff really appreciate that you take your time to comment their performance and it motivates us all to always strive further in our service performance!

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com regarding the InterContinental Ambassador program.

Let me know when we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to “tu casa en Cancun”!

Best regards & Tu heel k’iin,

Nathalie Urban

Write a ReviewReviews (2,607)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived after a missed flight in New York. Tired and hungry.
We tried to see whether its possible to get a refund on the day we missed and we were told this was not possible.
In their case probably does not bother them to lose a customer because they know the chances I come back, Minimal.
The hotel itself is nice. Large lobby and has a gorgeous private beach. Pretty outdated but the rooms renovated.
Our room was nice but the view is not what we asked. We got a view of the lagoon and not to the sea as we orderd.
Unfortunately it to could not change because the hotel was full.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read that you had a bad start of your trip. I would appreciate if you could send me an email with details of your reservation to check why the view was not honored.

I thank your for your nice comments and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I came here for my honeymoon: beautiful hotel, good value--spoiled by very unhelpful staff.

PROS:
*Beautiful, updated, very spacious room with modern decor.
*Large bathroom.
*Room was very cool. (Went in the middle of summer.)
*Stunning pool.
*Great amenities.
*Decent price for the value of the hotel.

CONS:
*Staff extremely unhelpful.
(Plane was early, consequently arrived at hotel early, room wasn't prepared. Staff did NOTHING to accommodate us after 2 days of non-stop, sleepless travelling. Not even so much as offer a place to sit while we were waiting, or water. We literally had to sit on the steps of the hotel for hours & wait. EXTREMELY disappointing.)
*Food offered @ hotel was expensive.
*Getaway (excursion) staff was WAY too pushy, to the point of being uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raquel M
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our resort.

I sincerely apologize that our Front Desk team failed to deliver the right service upon your arrival. If we cannot provide early check-in in the room type booked, our guests have always full access to our beach, pools, restaurants and bars while waiting for the room. I have addressed to my team the importance of making sure our guests are well informed about this early access to our facilities.

I have also forwarded your comment to the representative of the company that offers excursions.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you are planning your next trip to Cancun. I would like to have the opportunity to look after your reservation, welcome you back and prove that the service you encountered upon your arrival is not the service that we aspire to offer our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here just for a night because we arrived in Cancun very late and were checking into an all inclusive the next morning. Even for one night, this hotel was barely tolerable. We were denied a king or queen room, and instead of upgrading us, they stuck us in a double room. The beds were tiny and extremely uncomfortable. We found a bug in our towels. I couldn't connect to wifi and when I called the front desk, they said I had to come to the front desk and prepay for the package I want at the front desk. Maybe I was expecting too much from the Intercontinental brand but we would never recommend this hotel, even for a night. To be fair, we didn't get to see the beach, but that may have redeemed the hotel a bit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbirds0809

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting me know about your recent stay. Unfortunately, we are in high season which limits the options to change rooms – sorry to hear the room offered was not to your liking.
I apologize that you have not been correctly informed at check-in time about our Internet service. I will personally review with our Front Desk staff to ensure it is properly communicated to all our guests.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with a warm, personal staff of professionals. The facility was well-kept, comfortable, and truly affordable. The front desk staff was exceptional, providing every courtesy and always with a smile. They are a multi-lingual staff and always available for service. The room was exceptional, with a terrific bed, well furnished bath, and mini bar. There is a tranquility about the beach, multiple bars and the restaurant. Located conveniently to bus service, a small super market, and a laundramat, it is ideal for a family...including a very large pool for children. Despite any negative talk you may have encountered, be assured that we always felt safe, never encountered water or food ailments, nor we were troubled with pan handlers or short changed with currency differences.
The hotel restaurant was incredible. Having dined at Name Brand alternatives on the busy strip, we certainly would not consider leaving the hotel for the wonderful breakfast buffet or dinner. Incredible beach! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjamesr55
Reviewed March 9, 2014

All the bad hype about Cancun is beyond me, especially after my stay at Inter-Continental Presidente.
Beautiful hotel, beautiful, beautiful beach, nice staff, nice beds.
Reception was excellent.
If only they had a convenient store with a wider offer (eg. some cookies, orange juice...) and silent hairdryers (way too noisy, our neighbour spent hours drying his/her hair at night and I had to wait for him/her to be done with his/her coiffe to fall asleep :)) it would be absolutely perfect.
Ah, and the food was outstanding.
Thanks, Inter-Continental Presidente, you are one of a kind.

Room Tip: Right outside the hotel there's a very convenient bus stop to take you to malls/restaurants/coco...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank babbua
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel was probably the first one in Cancun, so its location is perfect. Walking distance from party. And commercial zone, but when you go inside becomes an oasis of tranquility on the best beach in town, with almost no waves. Enjoy the privilege onf walking 100 feet into the Caribean Sea with different fishes passing by.
The property was recently remodeled to a high quality standard, specially 6th floor suites will make you live a dream. The staff is very kind and try to please your requests at all time. Perfect base to explore the Peninsula, just 2:40 driving hours from Chichen Itza or 1:30 hours from Tulum.

Room Tip: Look for the suites on the 6th floor. You will want to live with that ocean front, best on Earth.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family