“Clean club hotel room - free breakfast provided”

Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort
Ranked #14 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
College Park, Maryland
“Clean club hotel room - free breakfast provided”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here with a girlfriend in March 2013 for 2 nights - this hotel is clean, continental breakfast is provided free with our club room (ocean view, high floor), including snacks and drinks!! I was really surprised that breakfast was not continental but it was full and hot breakfast :-) I don't eat much and drink so all-inclusive does not work for me! However, we just got back from Punta Cana and stayed in all-inclusive resort and I kinda love it ;-) WiFi in room was not free although the club have free WiFi! When we arrived at this hotel, they tried to sell us a timeshare, not a good welcome esp when guests are tired and would like to go straight to their rooms!

This is my second time in Cancun and am quite fine in taking public transportation ($2/each way) to shops, etc.!!!!

Best Beach - my kind of beach (fishies on clear water on beach) just like the North Beach of Isla Mujeres with calm water!!!! I love Cancun and Isla Mujeres and will be back!!

¡ Feliz y Prosperous Año Nuevo!

Room Tip: Club room, ocean view, high floor!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went to this hotel for only one night and it was very nice! I had a garden view room and it had a hammock with a pretty big balcony! The breakfast was to die for! Seriously, the food was just so good. If this hotel as an all inclusive hotel then I'd definitely see myself actually staying there for a week long vacation. The beach was so wonderful and their beach chairs and towels were very nice! It was nice and quiet and the sand was perfect. The beach (and sand) is completely different from the hotel zone area. The water is so calm and shallow with absolutely no waves! I would definitely recommend this hotel. It just really depends if you like calm beaches or you like the big waves and if you like louder resorts or calm ones like this hotel. I think it's all preference. Great place though!
One thing (that could be fixed easily) is the shower. It was barely draining and it pooled a lot when I showered which was very annoying but I was there for one night so I didn't bother to have them come fix it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel has the nicest beach, with the original Cancún´s white and soft sand, that allows you to get into a quiet ocean trough an even and soft floor. The food is excellent, the rooms are spacious & modern; and the marble bathroom is great! The staff is kind and caring, we definitively want to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bay have a beatiful sight
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Victoria L
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friend has had much experience with Intercontinental properties throughout her travels and was convinced that this would be a great place to stay during a quick trip to Cancun. We both were underwhlemed by the experience.

The hotel is decent, please don't get me wrong, but it is decent for a business trip. Not near the resort town experience we expected. Yes, the rooms are modern but that also means they are not super comfortable. One reviewer spoke about hard beds and I have to agree. Plus the chairs and table are minimalist.

The beach is in the area where the sand is supersoft. That was wonderful. The fact they service vistors on the beach is also wonderful. However, if you like the sound of waves, there wasn't much. There were, however, a ton of jet skis going out right next to the designated swimming area. They are also on the pathway of party boats so quiet meditation at the beach isn't to be found there.

The pool area is nice. Nicely landscaped and I got to see the resident iguana as well. Towel service is readily available with nice big towels.

The staff for the most part were wonderful although the front desk people were apparently all brand new and not as helpful as the other bell hops and wait staff.

We had breakfast included and it was pretty good. Lots of "native" options with enough Amercian breakfast items to not get a sensitive stomach going to early in the day! Their beach front restaurant is very nice and it's great fun people watching.

There we a ton of flight crew members staying there. Again, it seems to cater more to business and less to the folks looking for the resort experience. Perhaps we should have known that.

We actually changed hotels the next day as a result of being talked into one of the membership packages with another travel group. No one even inquired as to why we were checking out early which was a little surprising since we booked as part of a package.

So I rate it average and it would be fine for a 1 or 2 night business trip but it wasn't the experience we had hoped for.

Room Tip: The "garden view" rooms look out onto a cement wall. Yes, there is a hammock and a few fl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristin C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Kristin C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review about this visit. It is nice to know that you found our staff friendly. However, please accept my apologies if you were dissatisfied with the condition of the bed accommodations and other aspects of your visit being sub par. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We would welcome the opportunity to host you again and make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Don’t be misled by its façade. Once you enter the hotel you can see it has been remodeled. The rooms are modern and nicely decorated….and have a great shower. I slept very well and was not disturbed by street noises as my room was on the lagoon side. But the best and the reason for being at this resort was the beach – wow…the best by far I have seen in my life – and trust me, I have seen a lot beaches around the world. The staff is very caring and offer you a genuine smile. The resort was really quiet – I can’t stand the “all-inclusive” resorts, where you are surrounded with hyperactive youth, loud music and in-your-face staff… so I am glad that there are still options out there that can offer me the perfect place to unplug! Thank you Presidente Intercontinental!

I highly recommend to enjoy the food served at the restaurants – top quality (try the Caribbean lobster tail!) and don’t miss the martinis prepared by Gustavo, the bartender at Tequila Bar. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 65Mari37
Andernach, Germany
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

As the title says, i think this hotel was great in the 90s or so. For a one night stay it was alright, but i couldn't imagine staying here for the whole holiday. It was once luxurios, it is now poor mantained, and thats a pity because the place could be really great.
The really great thing about the hotel was the beach, it was the best i saw on the Riviera Maya.
The Breakfast was also good.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sicktir
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Sicktir,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Zagreb
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Nice hotel with excellent beach. Staff was friendly and helpful. Smooth check-in and check out. Buffet breakfast was also excellent. Bus station right in front of the hotel enabling easy access to Cancun downtown or elsewhere. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

3 Thank sky_chick747