“Best beach in Cancun”

Ranked #13 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Chicago, Illinois
“Best beach in Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Presidente and like the first it was wonderful. The beach is so beautiful and the food was very good. We walked through different areas in cancun and it just doesn't compare to the beach at the presidente. We were glad to see our favorite waiter Martin was still there and as the first time he provided excellent service again. Also Cruz at the pool and beach made our stay memerable by tending to every need we had with out even having to ask. Martha did a superb job with cleaning and making our room comfy. The front desk was also very helpful the check in and check out were easy and quick. For sure we we will be returning for a third time.

1 Thank norma m
Nathalie U, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard our beach to be one of the best beach in Cancun.

Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Presidente InterContinental Cancun in the near future.

Nathalie Urban

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had an absolutely amazing time here with my parents in May!

After two weeks of running around NYC, where I live and my parents were visiting from Russia, we were looking for quiet and relaxing place with the most beautiful beach - and we've found it. Even my parents, who travel all the time and have been in Thailand, Bali and many other places were impressed.
We've stayed on the 6th floor (Club level), which i would recommend to everyone. You get the most of it - renovated room with an amazing view from balcony, breakfast and evening snacks/drinks with a great personalized service. So, believe me, it worth every dollar.
I also would like to point out a great bathroom products with Verbena scent, which happen to be my favorite.

I'd like to thank everyone who made it so special for us. Adolfo, who checked us in. Gabriela, who was always at the front desk to assist. Bernardo, who works at the restaurant at the beach and was our server for the whole week (by the way food was great). And especially Gregorio at the Club lounge, who is absolutely amazing. He was so nice and patient and found a way to communicate with my parents mostly through the body language, cause they don't speak English or Spanish.

I would like to say thank you to management team, you're doing a great job. I work at the hotel myself and know what i'm talking about. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie U, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very happy indeed to learn that you consider as you have been in Paradise in your recent stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort.

Your detailed and amazing review encourages us to do our best efforts to make your next visit an unforgettable time.

It is very pleasing to read thatt Gabriela, Adolfo, Gregorio & Bernardo were able to take such good care of you.

Thank you kindly for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great hotel! Stay here for work many times in the year. Beach is great and the service is great. The only complaint is that the beds are ROCK HARD....no seriously its like a board....you may think I'm kidding but you will have a stiff back when you wake up the next morning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nathalie U, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our property. I am happy to see that the friendly staff and beach were exactly what you needed for your trip.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us when staying in Cancun in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked a King Lagoon Club and got upgraded to a fabulous Ocean View Suite - very happy! The hotel is well maintained - not the height of luxury but the rooms are modern if a little sparse!

The Club lounge had wonderful views of the sunsets, provided nibbles and some drinks. The white wine was perfectly acceptable, plus there was a red, beers, soft drinks and tequila! Breakfast was a selection of cold items and an egg station, I had an omlette every morning - shame one of the chefs was worse than me at making omlettes - I ended up with scrambled egg with veg in it :D. Gregario who ran the Club lounge was very friendly - always remembering my drink of choice :D

The highlight of this place was the beach - I have been halfway round the world in search of the perfect beach and this one has to come close. Beautiful white sands, turquoise waters and a nice breeze. I would definitely come here again for the beach alone.

I ate in El Caribino on the first night - I thought the food was bland so never went back. I had lunch at the beach bar which was nice and I loved their cocktails!

The staff were generally friendly - unfortunately there was a big conference on when I was here and those individuals were extremely rude and had no appreciation that there were other guests. Not an Intercontinental plus point!

Overall I liked this hotel - I was not looking for the nightlife of Cancun, just a peaceful break. This had everything I was looking for in a beach holiday and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank aks120LasVegas
Nathalie U, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Geust,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent contribution. Thank you also for mentioning one of our employees by name; we will recognize Gregorio, for providing service excellence.

I'm glad you enjoyed your room, our facilities and service; we have taken notes to your pleasant recommendations

We look forward to your return stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed for only one night, but the accommodations were very nice. King room was both modern and luxurious. Breakfast was good. Combination of breakfast foods and what I would consider Mexican lunch fare (napales, tortillas, casseroles and vegetables). Staff was helpful, but concierge was pushy for extra tour sales.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your overnight stay at our property. I am glad that you found our property and services convenient for your vacations needs. We hope to serve you again during a future Cancun visit.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Front desk is very nice. Room service everyday. Nice room. Lovely beach. Door men greeted me at front door. Carried our luggage to our room. When you check in dont forget to book the dinner on the beach. They will set up a table for you near the beach with firelights. 4 courses dinner for only $45/person. Really good food. Must try. No wifi but i dont care. I were on vacation. Need relaxing. But they do have computers free to use. Close to grocery store and local taco small restaurants. Should try local food just 5 mins walk on the right side of hotel. We stayed on garden view room. It have a patio with hammock. Dont choose lagoonview. Its facing the street. Ocean view dont have balcony, only windows. Save your money for a nice dinner on the beach. You dont spend much time in the room. Want a view of ocean ? Walk to the beach. Pretty white sand blue water right at hotel. I have to say the hotel kept the sand really clean. They tried to clean trash and seaweed. So, the view is really clear. We love our stay in garden view room. The lady that cleaned our room was super nice. She even washed my daughter's bow ,spoon and bottles. She picked up my daughter's toys and put it on the bed. My daughter keep asking when will coming back. I said very soon.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that your recent visit exceeded your expectations.

We sincerely appreciate your kind of recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice room, good for the area and we got a good price.
Swimming pool was heated and we didn't like it. Could have also been bigger.
Wifi should have been free of charge.

For a frequent costumer, they offered little to no courtesy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathalie U, Gerente at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn of your very positive impressions after your stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cancun. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.