10,438 results
All reviews water skiing circus team jade building car wash taco crazy signs chef de village la hacienda flying trapeze tennis lessons land sports waterski team jade pool wake boarding aqua gym snorkeling area fitness classes
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again, a great vacation at Club Med Cancun.

Location – the resort on the point at the south end of the main Cancun beach and as a result has 4 or more beaches depending on how you count them. Main Beach is at the end of the hotel strip, wide, sandy and more sheltered than most of the Cancun beach. Easy to get a beach chair and waiters bring drinks. Snorkel beach is around the pint narrow and rocky with reef for snorkeling. Jade breach is a small sandy area exclusively for the Jade 5-star area guests. Taco Arte Beach is great shallow area for children. Aqua Marina beach is long, narrow and great to get a spot all by yourself. Finally, there is the water ski lagoon, not a beach but a shallow, calm lagoon surrounded by mangroves.

Activities – There is lots to do. My wife and I participated in Sailing, Kayak, Tennis, Snorkeling, Yoga, Zumba, Step Class, Cardio Boxing, Aqua Gym, Archery and Water Skiing. There was more we simply didn’t have the time for (Trapeze Paddleboard, Sailboard, Dance lessons, Beach Volleyball etc.)

Club Med is the pace to try the things you wouldn’t try anywhere else. I spent lots of time at waterskiing and we all cheered every time someone got up on skis or wakeboard for the first time.

The snorkel reef has an amazing variety of fish. Each time I see something new. This year the big highlights were a 5 foot eagle ray and a 4 foot grouper.

The most I had to wait for a sailboat was 10 minutes and at Water Ski the waits were what I needed to rest between runs (except one afternoon when a particularly large number of guest decided to try skiing) – Hit the start and end of the session are usually the least busy. One day I got in somewhere over 20 skiing runs.

Every time I go, I find something new I absolutely love. The buffet has an incredible selection that is different for every meal. Hint – check out the corners and center of the buffet area where different dishes are prepared fresh each day. Loved the Taco Arte Mexican Restaurant, The Steakhouse is good, but I’d prefer the buffet. Make your reservations for these two right away as they can fill up.

Staff
The GOs are incredibly fun and make your vacation special. I’d especially like to thank the Water Ski GOs – Hugo, Pablo, Elias, Hugues and Heidi. It made my day when after piloting me around the course, after a miscommunication on my skill level, Heidi yelled back to the dock “He’s not a beginner!” They did a great job with every level from Beginner to Expert.

Special shout out to Fouad (I may have spelled that wrong) at Aqua Gym. Truly a case of the right man in the right job! He makes it fun for everyone and makes sure he encourages each person individually during the class.

Rooms
they are fine, very clean, basic hotel rooms but with extra closets and shelves. But really, we only slept and showered in them. Too much to do outside.

Kids
we don’t have kids, but all the one there seemed to be having fun. There are lots of adults only scheduled activities and an adults only dining room if you want to avoid them.

Wifi – the included basic Wifi seems much faster than last time I was there. Most web surfing was fine.

Area for Improvement
– Electronic schedules on the Club Med App and were often incorrect, need more proofreading. Confirm the posted schedule at each activity area which was always correct.

Date of stay: February 2020
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear E4510YVjimc,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay in our Cancun resort. We are pleased to know that you had a good time with us. We've passed this constructive feedback on to the resort for their information. They will be happy to read such a valuable feedback.
We hope to see you again soon in one of our resorts!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great stay, mostly thanks to the Mini and Petit club teams taking care of our kids while we were enjoying some beach/sport/activities time. THe kids loved it and were asking to go there again in the evening. Everyone in the team was amazing and special thanks to Momo, Camille, Nini and Super Marie!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med

Dear Twirlay,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a great stay in Cancun. We've passed your comment on to the resort for their information. They will be happy to read these special thanks.
We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed with my family (with 2 young kids) during winter 2020.
What we like the most were 1) the upgrade in rooms and pool at Aguamarina buildings; 2) the circus team was awesome. Kana, Gaby, Eduardo, Flavie and Hanna were kind, funny and challenging with both, kids and grown ups. They made us all jump and have fun on the trapeze. 3) the internal transportation between aguamarina and main reception was really efficient and drivers were really kind. 4) Camila, the photographer with her charisma took great pictures while making the kids have fun.

What can improve: 1)The GOs were very kind at miniclub but activities were only in English and Spanish. Being one of the few Club MEds in Latin America, there are many hispanic kids that go there and end up being excluded from activities and shows. While I stayed, not only my kids, but all kids that spoke spanish could not adapt to the MIniclub. 2) I would expect at least one of the pools to be warm (heated) during winter, so we could enjoy jumping into the water even though weather was not so hot.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
2  Thank Laura_Juli_Tatan

Dear Laura_Juli_Tatan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a good time in our resort with our GO team. We've passed your message on to the resort for their consideration. We do our best to satisfy our customers and take your feedback extremely seriously.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently visited Club Med for a weekend getaway they do not treat me the same way they treated him I’m a black American women my boyfriend is black and Hispanic I was ignored at the bar unless I was with him I was basics treated like I wasn’t there I didn’t now appreciate that we’ve been to Cancun several times this is the first time I’ve ever experienced something racist i went to go water ski they guy told me it was to late but when my boyfriend comes down he says he can go not knowing we together the same thing with archery and even going to eat with out him at the buffet I was looked passed until he walked up the young lady said for you 2.... my whole experience was horrible and we will not be back a waste of money to be treated so horrible I will be contacting lawyer.

1  Thank E8148PVbetha

Dear E8148PVbetha,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay in our Cancun resort. We truly apologize to know that you didn't feel good in the resort. We place a very high value on our customer satisfaction and take adverse customer feedback extremely seriously. We've passed your comment on to the team for their consideration. Do not hesitate to contact our Customer Relations Team at: customer.uk@clubmed.com about your experience.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Belated posting from January visit.
This is the fourth visit by the family with children of different ages.

As expected the staff were wonderful, rooms very well presented (bed sheets are awesome) and the food excellent.

Having stayed at many Summer Club Meds over the years the Water Sports team are to be congratulated. They were the most professional we have encountered in over 20 years of association with Club Med. (Biscuit - you are the consummate professional).

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Z7797PTmichaelw,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you had a good time in Cancun. We've passed your comment on to the staff for their information.
We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,