Club Med Cancun Yucatan
Sun Palace(Cancun)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
6,451 results
All reviewswater skiingcircus teamcar washjade buildingcrazy signschef de villagela haciendabeach boysflying trapezeland sportstennis lessonswaterski teamjade poolwake boardinglas cazuelasaqua gymsnorkeling area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our group of 13--from age 7 to age 67--had a great week in this wonderful location. If you ever hit a tourist mecca like cancun, bet on club med for a great place to stay. Excellent and plentiful food, great accommodations and a wonderful setting---we never once thought of leaving the premises for the tourist bedlam of downtown cancun. With 5 kids roaming the resort 24/7, the security and ever present GOs gave the parents plenty of peace of mind.

Downside was primarily the prospect of "included" cocktails, which were so weak and watered down they would make Roy Rogers blush! I'd rather pay and have a good drink than get the freebie stuff club med serves up, but I guess the old adage of getting what you pay for still holds.

The activities did get a little stale by mid-week, but then again, look at the title---nothing at all wrong with spending all day on a lounge chair staring listlessly out over the beautiful tropical sea.

Bottom line is if you have a crew with kids who can travel independently but in a secure perimeter, with enough different options to keep everyone occupied at his or her or their own pace, this is a great bet. Just remember to pick up your drink of choice on the way in so you can spice up the "included" drinks!

2  Thank Sweetdaddy9598
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Cancun Yucatan, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks for telling us all about your big group vacay! We’re happy to hear that you felt safe and that the members of your group enjoyed themselves. We would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our beverages, as we are always working to improve. We hope to see you all again very soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was a most wonderful trip for all of our family of 19 (6 teens, 3 younger). We all enjoyed the great activities and sports. The food was beautiful and delicious. The all inclusive feature meant all could do what they wanted without regards to cost. The staff was so gracious, fun, helpful etc etc. Our 3 youngest (7,10,12) did the trapeze every day and liked the mini club. It was great to let the teens go. The rooms had everything you needed, AC was very good.

Room Tip: I would pick the 2nd floor because the 1st floor is a walkway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We strive to create the perfect vacation for guests of all ages, and we’re thrilled to hear that we succeeded. We hope you’ll be back soon for more trapezing!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I chose Club Med based on reviews regarding the Kids Club. Club Med has a great reputation and I thought that my 7 year old daughter would love it. Unfortunately, all of the kids in the Kids Club spoke French. My Daughter speaks English so they wanted nothing to do with her. She spent most of the trip with my Wife and me. The GOs were great, the food was really good but the drinks were watered down. You got all of the calories but none of the effects from the drinks. If you go with a group you should be alright but you take a chance if you travel without a playmate for your English speaking children.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank John B

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We’re glad to know you loved our staff and food, but regret that your daughter did not have an unforgettable experience in the Kids Club. Thank you again for your thoughts, as your feedback is very valuable to us!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My 9 year-old son (who I will call "J") and I spent a father-son vacation at Club Med Cancun, and we just returned a little more than a week ago. It was our first experience with Club Med overall, and it was wonderful. We still reminisce about our time there.

The highlight of our experience was the Circus Trapeze. We came to the Club Med in Cancun, in large part because he wanted to do the trapeze activity, and we were not disappointed. From the first day there, it was clear that this was his favorite activity, and he had a true knack for it. The 4 G.O.s (Chad, Alex, Stacy, and Betina) were out of this world! They are so patient and good with both kids and adults. With my son, they recognized early on that he excelled at the trapeze, both in terms of skill, physical flexibility, and ability to listen and follow directions. After the third day there, Alex approached and confided in me that he normally did not invite kids under 10 to the afternoon trapeze catch session, but he felt my son "J" was up to the task.

Can I just say that these afternoon sessions made an already incredible trapeze experience magical for my son? We looked forward to the trapeze catch sessions every day. It was so amazing to see Chad and Alex teach my son the positions and techniques required for the catch maneuver, and to see the encouragement offered him by them, Stacy, and Betina. They are so good at what they do, transforming a difficult task into manageable parts for adults and kids alike. My son "J" is so looking forward to returning to Cancun, to re-kindle his passion for the trapeze and to learn more from these 4 Masters of the trapeze sessions.

Aside from the trapeze, we had a blast spending time with one another, playing endless rounds of ping pong, swimming in the pool and on the beach, and sitting through each night's incredibly animated shows led by a very charismatic village chief (Aziz) and enthusiastic G.O.s, who parenthetically show such dedication and work such long hours. The food was good overall, with some being excellent and some average, but there was ample selection to choose from and always delicious options every night. The lodgings were basic, but we did not come for the lodgings.

Overall, a great time for us, and others we observed throughout the village. We will look forward to returning soon, unless my son runs away and joins the Circus first.

4  Thank Paul C

When we read the title to your review, we knew it would be a great one. Thank you for joining us for an unforgettable father-son vacation, and for telling us all about it! We couldn’t have been happier to be a part of it. We can’t wait to see you both again for the next round of adventure!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just returned. My wife and our three teen age boys had a fantastic time.

Key Positive Highlights:

Food was fantastic. Huge assortment in the buffet. Very high quality and not cheap food. They served lobster, shrimp, beef wellington, prime rib, sushi and a whole slew of ethnic and even exotic dishes like ostrich and frog legs. The two restaurants served excellent food as well although, honestly, the buffet was so good that the only real benefit I saw to them was that it was quieter and there were less people around.

Activities were a blast. Well run, well organized. We had non-stop fun. I played like I was 25 and my body kept reminding me I'm almost 48. Kids clubs are fantastic. Our kids were in the teen club and made a bunch of friends. We had to schedule time with them as they were always doing things with the other kids! The kids clubs for the little kids must also be good because we rarely saw little kids hanging around with their parents except at meals... they were all off playing in the kids clubs.

The GO's (Gentile Organizers) who run the place were fantastic. Very helpful, very friendly, lots of fun and from all over the world making them interesting as well. The rest of the workers were mostly locals but were worked unbelievably hard to keep the place clean and make us all comfortable. They all seemed to be very happy to be working there.

Rooms were nice (we were in one of the more basic rooms) and cleaning service was great every day (we gave her a tip even though club med doesn't encourage tipping). Honestly I don't see why one would spend much money to upgrade your room because if you're going to Club Med you aren't going to be in your room very much when you aren't sleeping (if you are then you shouldn't go to a Club Med).

Exercise facilities were nice as were the classes. Water skiing was a blast although could get crowded at times so worth showing up right when they open in morning or afternoon. The private snorkeling reef isn't the best reef in the world but you can see a lot of fish and we saw a sting ray and the luxury of being able to just go anytime without scheduling an excursion was fantastic. Played lots of beech volleyball...they do a good job of getting games going and they were mostly pretty competitive (not jungle ball).

The excursions were well organized. We went on a Mayan excursion and a snorkeling excursion with sea turtles that was very cool. Both included trips to Cenotes (under ground rivers that create caves and small ponds on the surface). Our kids who are scuba certified did multiple scuba excursions.

Only items I'd recommend to Club Med for improvement would be:

Even though it's hot, a hot tub or jetted pool would be great for us older bones in the evenings.

Would be better if they spread out the timing of some of the activities in the afternoons. Too money of them conflicted/overlapped when they could have been spread out so you could do more of them.

They should hang a few more clocks around. On vacation on the beach most don't wear a watch or carry a cell phone and since activities have scheduled times that would be helpful.

But, overall, I can't say enough good things. I've been to 6 all inclusives of which 3 were club meds and club meds have consistently been the best.

2  Thank colorado_gold-1

Thank you for writing such an in-depth review of your stay with us. We can assure you that your feedback is invaluable as we work to improve. We’re happy to hear that you loved your Club Med adventure, and we’ll certainly keep a hot tub in mind for the “older bones.” We hope to see you again very soon!