Club Med Cancun Yucatan
$337
$330
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$365
$503
$626
$506
Hyatt.com
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$800
$489
HotelsClick
6,557 results
All reviewswater skiingcircus teamcar washjade buildingcrazy signschef de villagela haciendabeach boysflying trapezeland sportstennis lessonswaterski teamjade poolwake boardinglas cazuelasaqua gymsnorkeling area
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our 2nd year in a row. Fabulous!! The buffet is the best I've ever had at any resort in any country! In fact, no need to even go to the restaurants, which is typically what people do to get away from the buffet. Place is set up very well for kids with both young and teens have a place to hang out with plenty of activities. Read: parents get much needed rest and relaxation! Rooms are kept clean and are in very good shape. Only slight draw back is that this year the GOs were not as friendly as last year. If you go, get to know Daniel behind the main bar .... he'll take care of you!

1  Thank Gerry B
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Cancun Yucatan, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Gerry B,
Thank you for posting a review about our Club Med Cancun Yucatan resort. We're ecstatic to know you've visited a second year in a row and that both vacations were fabulous! We're glad you enjoyed all our resort has to offer such as the food, activities, and rooms. However, we apologize on behalf of our staff for not surpassing your every expectation and please know we are currently addressing the issue. Thank you again for the review and we hope you visit us for a third vacation soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had the best time, the hotel has great facilities and trips available too. We enjoyed going to visit the Mayan sites very much (Ludo our tour guide was fantastic). One of the best things about the resort was the friendliness of the staff. I think it's been friendliest club med I've been to, the whole time we were made to feel so so welcome. Armando taught us Salsa and Samba, and was such a good teacher and was so kind to us all, we will miss him very much! And Monse and Natalia were such kind staff too and taught us to waterski and play tennis! There were so many others too... not enough space to mention them all!, but suffice to say all the staff were fantastic and so welcoming. Oh, Cedric too!.. and so many more. The people of Mexico were so friendly too. And all those who worked behind the bar, and cleaned the rooms too, and those who worked in the restaurant, so we were all so sad to leave!
Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Cancun Yucatan, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear e c,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your stay. We're so glad you had a fantastic experience and that our staff surpassed every expectation, and we're thrilled you had a fabulous vacation and that you enjoyed our activities. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent 9 nights at club med in cancun at the end of August. This was our first Club med experience and we will definitely be back. We have 3 girls 6, 8 & 10 who enjoyed and made use of all the activities : circus, snorkelling, sailing, kayak, tie dying t shirts, beach soccer, taking part in the evening shows and there was much more too !! Whilst the children were happy we were able to relax, take a sailing lesson and walk along the beach which was great knowing they were in good hands. The GO's were amazing and work so hard to include everyone and create a great atmosphere. We loved the evening music, bands and shows too. The food was excellent especially the steakhouse with an amazing view. We did 1 excursion - swimming with dolphins which was all organised by club med staff and enjoyed too. The only negatives are that the rooms are a little basic considering we had a club deluxe and I was really disappointed that you had to pay $60 for Internet connection per device which I think when paying club med prices should be included. The reception staff could have been a little more welcoming and helpful too and the language barrier was sometimes an issue with reception. Despite this we will go back to club med as it provides something for everyone and we all had a great time thanks to the GO's !!!

Room Tip: Defiantly pay a little extra for a sea view it's worth it !
5  Thank Nicky3333333333

Dear Nicky3333333333,
Thank you for the review! We're so glad your family had an amazing time. We're happy to hear our food, activities, staff, and entertainment surpassed your expectations. Additionally, thank you for your insights as we are constantly looking for ways to improve and will be addressing your concerns immediately. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I did a quick 4-day trip and just got back on Aug 30th. The club is beautiful and nicely decorated. It is spread out and provides two beach options and plenty of things to do. We relaxed on the beach, went out on the catamaran, played tennis, went snorkeling, and even played ping-pong.

The beach by the water sports is really rocky and appears to me as if no one ever bothered to clear it up after the hurricane a few years ago. But we were able to find a spot next to the bar and sit in about a foot of ocean that was clear for hours at a time just relaxing.

When we got there, hurricane Isaac had dumped 3-feet of seaweed on the beach on strip-side of the club. It took them all 4 days to clean it up. I know it wasn't Club Med's fault and they did do everything they could to clean it up, but I think they dragged their feet a bit. Of course it was completely cleared the day we left :-(

The fact that you couldn't swim in the ocean really brought to your attention that the pool is just inadequate. It is a round pool-nothing else, no nice design, no lounge area in the water, no winding path to follow for something to do. It was just a round pool. Since all the kids and their parents were in the pool b/c the beach was covered in seaweed, you couldn't even relax. So, we went back to the beach area on the water sports side and stayed there.

As our experience with Club Med in the past, the water sports GO's really didn't seem that interested in doing their jobs or helping us learn anything or really even making sure we were going to be safe. The GO in the shop was kind of rude.

The drinks were full-strength and not watered down, but most of them didn't taste right. Even their "drink of the day" was off. Finally resorted to Amaretto on the rocks! GO Alex made the best Amaretto Sour!

The food was very good and had a good variety, at least for the first few days. Toward the end we were buffet'd out! The specialty restaurants were very good. The steakhouse was phenomenal and we both had a great steak that was perfectly prepared!

We were especially impressed with GO Javi (Reception), GO Hassan from Canada, Eddie (Beach Boy), Alex (Bartender), and Maria from the main restaurant!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S

Dear Tracy S,
Thank you for sharing with us about your stay at our resort. We are so glad you loved the variety of activities and food we have to offer. We apologize for the issues you unfortunately experienced and will be addressing them immediately. Please know we are constantly looking for ways to improve and appreciate any feedback our guests may have. We are glad you had a relaxing stay and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am not one to write reviews very often, but having been here twice in the past year, I felt they deserved it.

Our first trip was with our family of four (5 and 7 year old) and 5 members of my wife's family. Circus was a favorite and my kids really liked Joe (who is now doing sailing) and Audrey (No longer there at all). Carlos and the bar staff quickly learned my kids' names and their favorite drinks. The big negative from that trip was discovering that premium drinks were extra. It was a short trip 5 nights, so we did not plan to leave the resort and ended up spending quite a bit on drinks. BUT, everything else made up for it, and we quickly decided to go back this past August to celebrate my 40th.

We were in the village from 8/24 - 9/2 and included 12 people (kids 6 and 8). What can I say, before we checked in, the kids ran to the bar to see if Carlos was working, we were pleasantly surprised to see how many faces we recognized, and we were more excited than before we arrived. Within days, the kids felt very comfortable with the mini\kids clubs. My mother joined us and took advantage of everything, she really liked Joe (Formally of Circus) who gave her a sailing lesson. During both trips, the village was not very full, and plenty of GO's took an interest in us and our kids. My wife broke her arm 2 weeks before the trip, and was obviously limited in what she could do, she spent the majority of her time in the lounge by the pool, and commented that they made a great dirty banana (I can't remember the bartender's name, but he has been there for 20+ years). As I mentioned we went for my 40th, and I brought Miracle Berries with me to try with my family. The head chef and the sous chefs prepared a special plate so we could go flavor tripping, while they had never tried it before, they took time to understand what it was we wanted to do, and prepared a perfect selection.

Pros: Friendly GO's, plenty of activities, plenty of common area activities, housekeeping (we were rough on our rooms between sand and children (Thanks Marina)) and the shows (Did I mention the shows?)

Cons: No premium alcohol (we brought our own this time), desserts were okay but nothing to write home about, Car-wash kids at the Chezpah (even without them drinking), need more air conditioning at least in the theater.

Special GO's that deserve a shout - out

Mini\Kids Club GO's
Houda - Thank you for arraigning a great experience for the kids
Mao - it was great sharing the stage for the Portee during the kids show
Julie - having remembered you from our previous trip, we knew the kids were in good hands
In no specific order, Glenn, Sandra, Sol, Annie, Rachel and Mathieu - you all played a part in my kids vacation (and mine by proxy)

Marc (Land Sports), Elie (Tennis), Carlos (Bar), Joe (Sailing), Poncho (Set Design), Fernanda (Car-Wash), Jona (Fitness), Eden (Sound), Javi, Elena and Stephanie (Reception), The bar staff at the lounge and Chezpah, Armando (Dance), Roberta (Circus Show) and I am sure I am missing a few - we enjoyed hanging out with you all and all I can say is Whoop, Whoop, Whoopeee (Imaging I am doing a one man wave).

Room Tip: We had a room half way between tennis and the pool. with the exception of water skiing and circus is is well situated. Ask to face the lagoon
1  Thank ToddSussman

Dear ToddSussman,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our resort. We love that you've visited twice in one year! We're so happy to know you enjoyed our circus and other activities and found our staff to be fantastic. We apologize for the issues you mentioned and will be addressing them as soon as possible. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you again!