My husband and I were in Cancun from 08/27/04 to 09/02/04 and we had the best time. The hotel is awesome and our room was beautiful. It had an ocean view, the air condition was working well..at times it would get too cold, the bed was definitely heavenly and I loved the showers :) There is only one complaint I have about the hotel and it is the slow service. There were not enough waiters and sometimes it would take a little while to get waited on. The waiters are super nice and it was not their fault. I think management should hire enough people so they can provide better service. They were running around trying to do things faster and with the heat I really felt bad for them. On the other hand when you are on vacation there is no rush for anything so we decided to just relax, enjoy and NOT COMPLAIN!
Cancun is a beautiful place, we have been there about 4 times and I have to say that the end of August is the best time to go. The temperature is still hot but not desperately hot as in July. There is not that many people because everyone has gone back to school so it is not as crazy as in June and July.
We did an all inclusive and it was great because the food and drinks can get very expensive.
This hotel is very close to the airport and about 30 minutes away from downtown if you take the bus. Taxis are not too expensive but I would recommend the bus, they are very inexpensive and very safe.
A restaurant that I recommend is PERICOS. This place is really good and the entertainment is awesome. It is certainly a good time!! This restaurant is located downtown. Make sure you call in advance to make reservations. Also ask them if it is possible to seat close to the where the musicians are :)
As far as tours they are all very good!! On this trip we went snorkeling to Islas Mujeres and it was a good time. I have done most of the tours and they are all very good. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Sometimes I think people are too picky and complicated. Cancun is one of the most beautiful places that I have been to and yes it can be expensive...not if you do all inclusive. It can be crowded...pick the right times to go. The time share people can be a pain...just ignore them or tell them point blank I AM NOT INTERESTED..make up a lie tell them that the vacation was a gift and that you have no money! Souvenirs are expensive... bargain, never take the first price they offer. There is always a solution to your problems you just have to have a good attitude and enjoy life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lounge endlessly at our glorious private beaches and four outdoor pools. Pamper yourself at the luxurious Heavenly Spa by Westin™. Or pick up the pace with countless water sports, plus tennis, golf, a top-notch gym, and fascinating local tours and day trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort & Spa Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Westin Resort And Spa Cancun
- Westin Hotel Cancun
- Westin Cancun
- The Westin Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Westin