3,568 results
All reviewsroyal beach clubhotel zoneel palmarbreakfast and happy hoursea stonesheavenly bedlagoon sideclose to the airportbreakfast buffetthe main hotelocean viewcocktail hourbeautiful beachprivate poolyogurtspring breakconcierge desk
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My name is john choi. My wife and I returned Los Angeles after a 4 nights celebrations of my 60th birthday at westin resort & spa. It was the greatest experience of my life.
We stayed at royal beach club in ocean view room with a private balcony facing the beautiful white sand beach. Breakfast with Marco and cocktail hours with Mariel services were excellent and I would like to thank Leonel in arrecifies restaurant. All staff members were very kind and helpful. Especially concierge Josie who took care our needs. Thank you again all. If we have another opportunity to visit cancun, we will stay at westin resort & spa again.thank you

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsjchoi53
Haydee S, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in this beautiful place. We will be very happy to see you again and feel assured that all of the associates that you have mentioned will receive your compliments and a special recognition from our HHRR authorities.
Replenish your spirit,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We only stayed for a night before our flight after a week in a rental house in Chelem. Got a really good deal, ocean view for 90 USD total. Let's just say it's kinda like Vegas, you get a good room deal to lure you in then every thing else is super expensive! The room itself is beautiful and comfortable---it has everything you could ask for(except a key for the mini bar fridge which i guess you have to get from the desk---i never bothered to ask). Great pillows, bed linens and shower space with a big tub. I have NO complaints about the room. Also, the beach is stunning. Plenty of chairs for sitting, beautiful stretch of beach and plenty of room for everybody (at least on the first week of november when we were there).
Here's where they get ya…..you are way out at the end of the main road, so kinda at the mercy of what's available in the hotel. Especially if there for a short time after a day of bus travels.
I encountered indifferent bartenders in an uncrowded bar that wouldn't explain what the happy hour special was that began at 6pm. Now it was 5:30, so i think i know why they didn't. Then when happy hour arrives (2 for 1 by the way) they slow walk everybody through the hour for obvious reasons. Our dinner at Arricifes. while expertly staffed by very friendly and accommodating waiters, was the most boring and tasteless food in all of Mexico!
Mind you, this was all at big city USA prices. Can i add the breakfast buffet was almost 30USD--you better eat up AND stuff your pockets! Also we've stayed in much smaller and less opulent hotels all over the world, and guess what---they offer FREE WI-FI! Here it's free if you enjoy sitting in the lobby.
So, pack your suitcase with food and drinks,then stay here because the rooms and surroundings are BEAUTIFUL! Just remember to ask for the fridge key at the desk.

Room Tip: don't settle for less than an ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pozdowny

Dear guest,

We feel so glad that you enjoyed our great location just in front of the beautiful reef even you just stayed for a short period of times.
Please accept our apologizes in regards of the minibar key, we will be following up with the proper area.
We also appreciate your comments about the prices in our services; your feedback is always welcome so thank you for taking the time and effort to let us know about your stay.

Replenish your spirit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The first night I arrived, it was raining heavily. There were many buckets set up through out the property to catch rain that was leaking inside. I stayed in the beach club building, and upon check in I was directed to wait for the bell hop to drive me to the second building (a 2 minute walk). Upon check out, it is revealed that there is a mandatory tip added to your bill for this service. The room itself was spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable.

There was a card on the bed, indicating they are a green hotel and if you don't want your towels changed to leave the card on the door. What this card actually is, is a no maid service at all card. No one in to make the bed, tidy and replace water at all. One night I didn't leave the card out, the maid was there at 7:30 am to come in. Oh, and another mandatory tip charge when you do use the maid service.

Overall, an okay stay, but next time I'd probably stay some place different.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your past visit! Thank you also for bringing those issues into our attention. Be assure that our proper area managers will receive your comments.
The tips some times are included in your room rate according to the individual rules and policies in your reservation.
Please feel free to contact us directly in case you did not receive the rewards for participating in our "Make a green choice program", which is a program for contributing with energy savings in pro of our planet.
Hopefully you visit back again and enjoy this wonderful beach area.
Stay well,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'm sure I will spell these names wrong but I want to give a shout out to Noe, Efron, Jonathan, and Alejondro....

My wonderful stay started with Efron at the front desk, we were in the Presidential Suite our first night and he arranged for us to be in the the Master Suite for the rest of our anniversary trip. Since the new room would not be ready until after 5pm, even though we had to be out of the Presidential by noon, he told us to just leave our bags in the Suite and they would come get them and keep for us until the new room was ready and deliver them to us and that's exactly what happened.

Jonathan, at the Concierge desk, followed that up with a complimentary bottle of champagne delivered to our room once he learned we were there for our anniversary. So that when we returned to our room it was waiting for us sitting in an ice bucket nice and cold along with some chocolate covered strawberries.

Alejondro was excellent at meeting all our needs at the bar/restaurant while we relaxed outside. We loved the oversized chairs with the ottoman.

On my last night I had a massage by the ocean given by Noe and it was absolutely wonderful! He was the perfect gentleman and I felt totally relaxed. I also took advantage of the spa options available with the service; had my cocktail that was included, the steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.

We also appreciated the breakfast and cocktail time that was included in the Royal Beach Club. There was a young man who worked during the cocktail hours 6-8 and I must say he was very nice and it was great to see him with a big smile everyday.

I will definitely be returning.

Synethia Bromell
November 2013

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Congratulations on behalf of The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun team! Thank you for sharing your anniversary experience, we are pleased to learn of all the little things that were put together to provide you with unforgettable Westin moments on this very special stay!
We will be sure to extend your comment and share with all corresponding departments.

We cannot wait for your return!

Best regards.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just returned from the Westin after 8 days. Have stayed there since it was the Conrad Hilton in 1972.
Would recommend the Royal Beach Club with ocean view which includes a balcony, free breakfast and happy hour from 6:00 to 8:00 with drinks and snacks.
The staff were extremely friendly. In the Royal Beach lounge Special thanks to Mariel, Betty and Taybin a trainee. We started going there on our 25th anniversary which is in November. Mariel got us a cake to celebrate. Also to Carlos in the sunset bar who has been serving us for 12 years.
Special thanks to Jorge Garcia who sent us a cheese plate and a bottle of wine. Also to the Cecelia our concierges who coordinated the trip for my 2 sisters for a surprise reunion.
If this hotel wasn't great I would not keep going back.

Room Tip: Royal Beach Club for newer rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

It is stories like these that keep inspiring us. It is an honor to keep serving you after many many years. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and we are beyond excited to keep on doing it. We will extend your comments to Mariel, Jorge, Cecilia, Betty and Taybin and all of their corresponding departments for their great job and efforts.

Thank you for sharing your experience and see you soon as always!

Saludos!