3,568 results
All reviewsroyal beach clubhotel zoneel palmarbreakfast and happy hoursea stonesheavenly bedlagoon sideclose to the airportbreakfast buffetthe main hotelocean viewcocktail hourbeautiful beachprivate poolyogurtspring breakconcierge desk
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The first night I arrived, it was raining heavily. There were many buckets set up through out the property to catch rain that was leaking inside. I stayed in the beach club building, and upon check in I was directed to wait for the bell hop to drive me to the second building (a 2 minute walk). Upon check out, it is revealed that there is a mandatory tip added to your bill for this service. The room itself was spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable.

There was a card on the bed, indicating they are a green hotel and if you don't want your towels changed to leave the card on the door. What this card actually is, is a no maid service at all card. No one in to make the bed, tidy and replace water at all. One night I didn't leave the card out, the maid was there at 7:30 am to come in. Oh, and another mandatory tip charge when you do use the maid service.

Overall, an okay stay, but next time I'd probably stay some place different.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Haydee S, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your past visit! Thank you also for bringing those issues into our attention. Be assure that our proper area managers will receive your comments.
The tips some times are included in your room rate according to the individual rules and policies in your reservation.
Please feel free to contact us directly in case you did not receive the rewards for participating in our "Make a green choice program", which is a program for contributing with energy savings in pro of our planet.
Hopefully you visit back again and enjoy this wonderful beach area.
Stay well,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'm sure I will spell these names wrong but I want to give a shout out to Noe, Efron, Jonathan, and Alejondro....

My wonderful stay started with Efron at the front desk, we were in the Presidential Suite our first night and he arranged for us to be in the the Master Suite for the rest of our anniversary trip. Since the new room would not be ready until after 5pm, even though we had to be out of the Presidential by noon, he told us to just leave our bags in the Suite and they would come get them and keep for us until the new room was ready and deliver them to us and that's exactly what happened.

Jonathan, at the Concierge desk, followed that up with a complimentary bottle of champagne delivered to our room once he learned we were there for our anniversary. So that when we returned to our room it was waiting for us sitting in an ice bucket nice and cold along with some chocolate covered strawberries.

Alejondro was excellent at meeting all our needs at the bar/restaurant while we relaxed outside. We loved the oversized chairs with the ottoman.

On my last night I had a massage by the ocean given by Noe and it was absolutely wonderful! He was the perfect gentleman and I felt totally relaxed. I also took advantage of the spa options available with the service; had my cocktail that was included, the steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.

We also appreciated the breakfast and cocktail time that was included in the Royal Beach Club. There was a young man who worked during the cocktail hours 6-8 and I must say he was very nice and it was great to see him with a big smile everyday.

I will definitely be returning.

Synethia Bromell
November 2013

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Congratulations on behalf of The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun team! Thank you for sharing your anniversary experience, we are pleased to learn of all the little things that were put together to provide you with unforgettable Westin moments on this very special stay!
We will be sure to extend your comment and share with all corresponding departments.

We cannot wait for your return!

Best regards.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just returned from the Westin after 8 days. Have stayed there since it was the Conrad Hilton in 1972.
Would recommend the Royal Beach Club with ocean view which includes a balcony, free breakfast and happy hour from 6:00 to 8:00 with drinks and snacks.
The staff were extremely friendly. In the Royal Beach lounge Special thanks to Mariel, Betty and Taybin a trainee. We started going there on our 25th anniversary which is in November. Mariel got us a cake to celebrate. Also to Carlos in the sunset bar who has been serving us for 12 years.
Special thanks to Jorge Garcia who sent us a cheese plate and a bottle of wine. Also to the Cecelia our concierges who coordinated the trip for my 2 sisters for a surprise reunion.
If this hotel wasn't great I would not keep going back.

Room Tip: Royal Beach Club for newer rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

It is stories like these that keep inspiring us. It is an honor to keep serving you after many many years. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and we are beyond excited to keep on doing it. We will extend your comments to Mariel, Jorge, Cecilia, Betty and Taybin and all of their corresponding departments for their great job and efforts.

Thank you for sharing your experience and see you soon as always!

Saludos!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Me and my wife booked a last minute long weekend vacation. We upgraded to the Royal Beach Club rooms. It was a great view and room with a balcony, and they had free breakfast buffet and happy hour. I would stay here again if wanting to get away and just relax at the beach and pool. It is the farthest away from shopping and club area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment and recommendation. We hope to see you on your next getaway.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Came here 20 years ago when it was new and sparkly, as were we. Loved it. Came back last year, and we were thrilled to see that not much had changed, and happy to see that they were going through a major room renovation. New room on this visit was spectacular. Same walls, but everything inside them was upgraded. Marble everything, new floors, new bathrooms. I think 2 floors have complete renovation at this time, and a third floor is underway. Ask when you check in to get on a renovated floor.

Staff treated us well. Recommend the restaraunt at the north end of the building for dinner, the south end for breakfast. Grouper is delicious, price is very reasonable. We saw a sea turtle hatch with about 150 little ones scurrying to the waves when we were eating dinner one night. Staff was excited, and collected wayward turtles and sent them seaward. An owl swooped down and got one, and a night heron was waiting at the shore for another. There is a fenced egg hatchery right below the wall of the north end restaraunt. Eggs are collected as soon as they're laid, and re-buried here to protect them from people, waves, and predators

Love this hotel. Everyone is professional, attentive. Tip them well!

Room Tip: This place is very close to the airport, right next to underwater national park/sanctuary. If you want to go snorkeling, stay here and walk to the sanctuary(inflatable vest required to snorkel in sanctuary). If you are going elsewhere, everything is south. So this is about the easiest hotel to get in and out of because it's on the airport end of cancun. About 8 minutes to airport driving normal speed. About 40 minutes from playa del carmen, 75 from tulum, 2h from chichenitza and the same to coba. Also 20 minutes to puerto morellos for great snorkeling and really great eating (restraunt has surfboard above yard entrance).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to have you visit us for the third time starting 20 years ago! Your thoughts about improvements and overall appearance of the newer rooms as well as dining options are quite important to us.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a brief summary of your stay and we certainly hope to see you soon!

Best regards.