3,605 results
All reviews royal beach club hotel zone el palmar breakfast and happy hour sea stones heavenly bed lagoon side close to the airport breakfast buffet the main hotel ocean view cocktail hour beautiful beach private pool yogurt spring break concierge desk
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for a few days in early October. Everything was fine, though there is no "wow factor" about it that would elevate it to an "outstanding" category. Room was large and clean, everything worked perfectly (there was even a stopper for the bath: what a rarity these days!)
Staff were polite and helpful.

Didn't use the spa, so can't comment on that.

Best feature of the place was the Arrecifes restaurant: my wife and I were very pleasantly surprised by the food quality: in fact, it was good enough that we might recommend visiting it even if you're not staying at the property. And it's not extortionate by Hotel Zone standards.

As others have noted, it's right at the end of the zone, so if you wanted to be within walking distance of bars and clubs this might not be your first choice. Though the Hotel Zone bus service is excellent: 9.5 pesos to anywhere and very frequent buses.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank xtenkfarpl
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I feel the need to tell about what happened last week at the Westin Cancun. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Check-in went great.. Cindy at the front desk was corteous and proffesional and placed me in a beach view room. The hotel itself is old, there are no elevators from the garage to get you to the lobby but Westin compensates that with free valet parking. The beach and sorroundings were clean and it felt very relaxing to stay there since the hotel is located at the end of Blvd Kukulcan. Now to what happened... On my last day at the hotel, around 5am someone opened my room door ( actually heard the door handle going down and the door been pushed) good thing I had the privacy lock engaged. I got up to check but whoever did it was gone. I then tried to close the door but it wouldnt lock in place. I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy who kept telling me that my room key wasnt working (what does that have to do with someone trying to break in my room is beyond me) around 5:45am hotel security guy shows up ,checks the door and tells me the obvious, door won't close.. to please use privacy lock to keep door from opening and he will check the room key database to see who tried to get in. Needless to say my wife and i couldnt go back to sleep so we decided to get ready and leave. 2 hours later during check out, I told the front desk person what happened and he apologized but I never heard back from the security guy or Westin about this.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Uptown_dc
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your expressing your concern. We appreciate the opportunity to privately contact you.

Regards.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport, about 15 minutes by shuttle. It has a beautiful, clean beach with sunbeds and little hatching turtles in a conservation area nearby. The downside of the hotel is that most rooms don't have balconies, only those at top floor and the ground level. Staff was friendly and helpful, wifi is for free only in the lobby and the one purchased worked decently. October seems like a good time to be there, it's not too crowded, there was only one louder group of female tourists hanging around the bar. The weather was good at that time, with only a few showers.

In low season if you have a meal plan or all inclusive expect a breakfast buffet which is pretty varied and interesting and lunch / dinner will usually be a la carte in any of the restaurants. I didn't find the food particularly good, it was pretty heavy. The Sea and Stones restaurant is a funny touristy experience - they give you a hot stone on which to cook your meat/fish or veggies. They give you a paper apron for a reason - it gets pretty oily in the process...

There were some problems with showers, one day the water turned red-brown and most of the days you had to wait a longer while before the shower water got warm enough.

Conference room we used was a bit small and the air conditioning not perfect.

There's a good connection to the rest of the hotel zone and a short walk away is a convenience store.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WarsawTraveller
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in low season so the hotel was very empty. I am spg gold but when I arrived was initially told I wasn't entitled to any of the benefits (upgrade, free wifi, late check out or points) as I'd booked through a travel agent. I wasn't aware of this at the time. Still the very helpful concierge said he would honour the benefits which was great.

We ended up with ocean view room 5th floor. Great view and good looking facilities. You can tell it is in need of upgrade though - ac was pretty poor, taps in the bathroom leaked and the door was sticky and didn't always close properly. You also can hear the next (adjoining) room pretty clearly.

The facilities were great, lots of pools and loungers, friendly service - especially the guys in the breakfast room. The gym was super and my girlfriend had a manicure which was excellent. The food in the pool bar was average at best and could certainly be improved, we didn't try the other restaurants in the hotel but the concierge helped us out with a couple of recommendations in town. Taxis all around Cancun are unbelievably expensive but buses are cheap, fast and safe.

We'd stay again for the price we paid especially.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ianp83
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here for a week and didn't leave the property once. The food was excellent. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful. The pool and beach at the Club were exactly what we wanted. Room was clean, spacious and well-maintained. Recommend this property very highly, especially the Club facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple