We went to the Westin during prime season 12/31-1/7/03. I am a travel agent and had booked four rooms for myself and some friends. I was a bit nervous based upon reviews but the rate was good and we decided to see for ourselves. We stayed in the pink premier bldg. (highly recommended) - they take very good care of you, the views are magnificent, and you get breakfast buffet as well as drinks and appetizers at night. My friend booked two rooms in the regular hotel to save on money - one of the rooms was fine but the other room had a sewer smell in the bathroom - they tried to fix it but it was still there. I very politely approached the manager and let her know that I had booked all these rooms and they were great except for the one. I asked if they could be upgraded for the remaining four nights to the premier bldg. for the inconvenience - she was awesome and said no problem. I think if you are unhappy with your room at this hotel or any hotel, the key is to approach them nicely, tell them the problem and either ask for a solution or see what they will offer. I had inquired about paying for an upgrade before this happened and it was 50-60 per nt. The beach here was the best along the entire end strip of hotels.
Plenty of sand and chairs. The staff was great - the rooms were lovely.
I would not hesitate to send anyone here. It is a beautiful property - the bus was cheap 6 pesos to town for dinner and Walmart (we did have to go there just to see it). If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We also went to Xel-Ha for the day and did the all-inclusive and it was awesome. We rented a driver with a van for all of us (3 families) for 200 and he was ours for the day and we didn't have to stop at all the hotels to pick everyone up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lounge endlessly at our glorious private beaches and four outdoor pools. Pamper yourself at the luxurious Heavenly Spa by Westin™. Or pick up the pace with countless water sports, plus tennis, golf, a top-notch gym, and fascinating local tours and day trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Cancun
- Westin Resort & Spa Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Westin Hotel Cancun
- Westin Cancun
- The Westin Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Westin