The price for the experience is truly impressive. It is important to note that I stayed in the Royal Beach Club and this makes all the difference.
With the Royal Beach Club room, you are in a separate building from the main part of the resort (which is at the quiet end of the hotel zone). This creates an extremely private feel during the entire length of the vacation. It seemed like there were less than 20 guests at the resort at any point! The rooms, while admittedly dated, are oversized rooms with a large balcony. The beds are to-die-for, the shower is incredible in the all-stone bathroom, the unobnstructed ocean views are impressive, comfortable AC, spa quality bath products, and robes&slippers...all combining for a true resort experience that should be double the price. Complimentary breakfast each morning and free drinks and h'oeur d'orves each evening more than make up for the price of the RBC upgrade...it is like having all-inclusive, yet you can eat off the resort a few times and not feel badly about it.
The beach is huge and you'll always find open lounge chairs. It is walking distance to the coral reefs(we brought our own snorkel gear and saved $120).
Finally, the staff is incredible. Checking in and out was a breeze, and the servers at the outdoor casual restaurant were very good each time we enjoyed meals there.
Money Tip: We chose not to give a credit card at check-in for charging meals, drinks etc. to the rooms...so you pay each time you eat, which is less convenient, but it helped us keep track of how much we spent and weren't worried about a large bill at check-out.
The resort is beautiful if you are willing to look past some very minor cosmetic issues, which ultimately makes this resort an awesome choice. I haven't tried the new Westin Lagunamar, but I really doubt that the new-ness of it would make it a better choice for the money. It's either flashy, expensive, crowded resorts...or the very nice, inexpensive, uber-private Royal Beach Club at the Westin Resort and Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lounge endlessly at our glorious private beaches and four outdoor pools. Pamper yourself at the luxurious Heavenly Spa by Westin™. Or pick up the pace with countless water sports, plus tennis, golf, a top-notch gym, and fascinating local tours and day trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Cancun
- Westin Resort & Spa Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Westin Hotel Cancun
- Westin Cancun
- The Westin Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Westin