“BACK AGAIN AND LOVING THE STAFF AND HOTEL - BEST LOCATION!”

The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #67 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Rome, Italy
“BACK AGAIN AND LOVING THE STAFF AND HOTEL - BEST LOCATION!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you look at my travels you will see or find me here again and again. Well it's November, and i had to come back to the Westin for one last trip for the year. The weather in November can be great around the rain, and if you plan it right it works out great. My trip was only 4 days, but the hotel was great! I love these comfortable fall asleep fast beds! Having just arrived from Rome the week before, i was jet lagged and was looking forward to a good first night sleep. The staff have been associated with this location for many years and the location in itself is one of the best due to the fact that it has a full frontal beech, with a snorkel coral reel walking distance fro the hotel. The early morning sunrises are fabulous for the photography enthusiast. All the restaurants are great including ta Palmar that holds a great reputation for its burgers. All in all, the value there as well as the location is at a higher than normal standard. P.S. do not swin in the lagoon unless you like mingling wit he alligators.

3 Thank michaelcanada
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear guest,

We are beyond fortunate to have our property on this location. Our ocean view is bright and blue, the reef as mentioned is a short distance away, and many guests enjoy taking a walk to explore the area. We also count with a variety of delicious menu options, from our mouth watering burgers to the best meals from the sea.

Our main goal is to provide you with the best service and comfort so you can unwind and take a break to treat yourself royally with our Heavenly products. You may find our Westin at home collection products online if you wish!

Thank you for your loyalty to the Westin brand and we are looking forward to having you back on your next vacation.

Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband took me to Cancun for my birthday. The hotel was fine. Good service and I loved all of the pools. They upgraded us to an ocean room so that was nice. The best part of the hotel is the spa - we went for treatments most days. It was really wonderful to have the opportunity to unwind with so many delicious treatments. There is a whirlpool and steam room and the spa treatments were all top notch - especially the massages! Alejandro and Naivy took great care of us - I might go back to Cancun just to hang out in the Spa!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

We are delighted to know that you were able to unwind at our Spa. We will gladly welcome you back in the near future. After all, you are allowed to treat yourself royally and we are here to provide you with the best ambiance and service to relax energize and power up!

Be well.
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is an old and worn-out property on an ideal location, The Service of the staff is impecable, especially helpful were Maru and Rafael at the Concierge desk. The Ice maker gave out making us go to another floor for ice. The tub was rusty and dirty. The shower had hair on the floor. There was constant noise of carts and people making noise most of the night and early morning. The room was dark - you had to open the patio doors to get some light. On the night before we left the bathroom was flooded from the floor above and they had to give us another room. We found a piece of plastic in our food and the food manager took care of right away. The only thing that was great was the staff and how friendly and helpful they were.

Room Tip: Stay at the NEW Westin (LagunaMar), cause it's almost brand-new and beautiful.
1 Thank Zulema R
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,

We value your comments and they will be passed on to the corresponding areas to prevent things such as the ones mentioned from reoccurring. The Westin Resort & Spa counts with an amazing team of employees and knowing that they made your experience better is of great pleasure. As for the property, we are going through some renovations which will be completed by the beginning of 2013, if you allow, consider us on your next vacation.

Warm regards!
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I like to start off by saying the staff here at the Westin Resort and Spa was beyond wonderful!! I have never came across a staff sooo welcoming and nice! my girlfriends and I ate a lot at the lounge bar and almost everynight we were served by Myra. I LOVE HER!!! She is seriously the best waitress server I ever had in the world!! Westin should really acknowledge her most often is she hasnt because she really made my weekend at Westin with her service! I had a 2 bed deluxe room over looking the Lagoon. I actually wanted the beach view but I was never asked to upgrade or was given an option even when the hotel was half empty that weekend. My bedroom was fine and the price was reasonable, however EVERYTHING is charged and pretty pricey as well from internet to an extra towel, no bueno. This hotel is right off the beach with beautiful water and away from many tourist from the hotel zone. THis location is at the end but close to the airport. I would definity return back to this hotel my next stay. GREAT GREAT GREAT!

Room Tip: I had a party of 3 and booked a 2 bed deluxe over looking the lagoon. it was perfect and even if it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We love receiving our guest’s feedback and reading about the pleasant times they spent at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun. Our location is one of the few that counts with two amazing views, in this case you had the lagoon view. We do apologize for not giving you the option for an upgrade. Your comments motivate us to strive for excellence on our customer service and Mayra will be recognized for this. We are glad you had an excellent vacation and we hope to have you back on your next visit to Cancun Mexico!

Best regards.
Hanoi
Reviewed November 15, 2012

First time in Mexico, sublime! I just past 7 days at this Starwood property. Don t expect to have a new building. But the room, food, staff, cost and the level of service is excellent. Very nice Beach, 3 pools and comfortable furniture, Close from the public transportation, 30 minutes from Cancun downtown and 15 minutes from the party center. Quiet place to rest enjoy the sun during the day and close to a good Latin party time over night. Also before I forget the have a very nice Spa.
I strongly recommend this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric P
Greetings from sunny Cancun!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive reviews. We are glad that you were pleased with our property. As you mentioned above, we are located near the end of the strip making this place perfect for quiet sunsets and relaxation yet nearby nightlife, shopping, and touring attractions. We invite you to come visit us again in the near future!

Be well.
Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights before transferring to our all-inclusive. Room was a nice size. Somewhat clean. Bed was very comfortable. Linens were new and fluffy. Was hard to get room really cooled down like we like it. Staff were friendly and very eager to help with any questions or concerns we had. Food was pricey. View of ocean was spectacular. Needs updating. Rust on metal lamp shades in room. Lots of dirt in corners. Stains on carpet in hallway. Shower curtain had mildew on it.

1 Thank Donna T
MargelyC, Social Media Coordinator at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and observations. We are glad that you found our rooms comfortable and roomy, however we are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning, we are currently replacing several units, remodeling rooms and getting new hallway carpets which will all be completed by the end of the year. We hope to serve you again in the near future!

SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Reviewed November 12, 2012

There were a few negative reviews that my sister and I read before going on this trip but that did nor stop us from staying at this hotel. It's too bad those reviewers did not have the good expriences we had.

My family and I went to Cancun for my sister's birthday and we had a wonderful time! The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun had a very friendly staff! The cleaning staff, the concierge and bar staff assisted my family and I very well and were very professional. One of the nights at the hotel my husband and I had a couples massage out by the beach and it was marvelous! The hotel itself was immaculate inside and out. The gardens were kept very nice and clean. We paid extra to stay in the Royal Beach Club section which gave us all spacious rooms with lagoon views which were very calming. We had a delicious buffet breakfast every morning, great happy hour service every evening with appetizers (items like chicken wings, enchiladas, chips and salsa dip, pastries, etc.) and all the cocktails or non alcoholic drinks we wanted!

My parents really enjoyed the happy hour food and also being by all the pools everyday while my sister, her husband, my husband, and I enjoyed hanging out near the beach/swim up bar areas.

For my sister's birthday, one of the restaurants fixed a tent and allowed the family to have a private dinner party on the premises near the beach. Now that's what I call classy service! She loved it! We will never forget that! No need to venture out to any restaurants outside of the hotel as everything we needed was right on the premises. Although, near the end of the trip, we did go to Senior Frogs for lunch - had to do that. But, the restaurants on the premises have very good food!

We really had a terrific time and we would definitely go back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the Royal Beach Club rooms. It's worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure serving you and your family; we are delighted to know that we were able to make your experience here with us unforgettable. We invite you to come back next year as we are currently working on some renovations. Thank you so much for your comments!