Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
$542
$423
Priceline
3,541 results
All reviewsroyal beach clubhotel zoneel palmarbreakfast and happy hoursea stonesheavenly bedlagoon sideclose to the airportsunset barbreakfast buffetthe main hotelocean viewcocktail hourbeautiful beachprivate poolzona hotelerayogurt
Reviewed February 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the westin spa and found it to be very nice. I recommend the ocean front rooms with the lani, we had great views of the ocean. We stayed in the old building which was far away from the main pool area, however we had our own pool. The service was wonderful, we spent everyday on the beach. The waiter would give you a flag if you wanted service you could just place it in the sand. Lunch took a long time to arrive but overall it was wonderful. The conciege was amazing, they recommened great restaurants and made us reservations each night. We went to Bling and Lagoon Grill. Bling serves wonderful sushi and Lagoon Grill had great steaks and a beautiful sunset. I would not recommend eating at the breakfast buffet, food was bad and it cost $50.00 for two people. We took a taxi's to downtown and it is about $20.00 , we did not bother taking a bus it seemed to inconvenient. The hotel seems like a great place to take your children, the beach was perfect for kids to play on. I would go back and next time I will take my small children.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomtom2
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Lots of the reviews want to compare this hotel to the Ritz and that is foolish. We just returned from a week with two teenagers and the Westin has much to recommend it and some downsides that could be improved. Try to get a top or ground floor so you have outside access. Half the pleasure is just sitting outside listening to the surf. The room was fine,a little tired but we don't spend much time in our rooms at resorts so they are not that important to us. When we had issues with towels or light bulbs etc. they came quickly and the staff is very friendly. We went up to the Hilton to parasail and hung out at their pool for a while. Sure that hotel is newer and larger but the noise from aerobics classes and other organized activities is annoying and the beach is one third the size of the beach down by the Westin. Also you can walk to snorkeling at Club Med and the snorkeling is awesome. Just like all hotels in Cancun as I read the reviews, the hotel food is overpriced and nothing special. So take the bus and explore. We did and found great places in town. If you want to lay in the sun and relax in the pool and not feel that you are being ripped off because you don't have 800000 count pillow cases, you will enjoy the Westin. We had a great time. Of course Cancun is about as authentic as Disneyworld. And do not under any circumstance go to Senor Frogs. A lot of middle aged over weight Americans acting like they wish it was 1985 again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank sandycosine
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I was hesitant to book this property after reading the reviews here. However as an SPG Platinum member I thought I would be safe in giving it a try. I concur with others that it is out of the way, but even this was ok since I was looking to lay low and relax by the beach for a few days.

I was travelling with my mother who is possibly in need of knee replacement surgery and has difficulty walking stairs and long distances. We had originally planned to stay in Yucatan at one of the Starwood Haciendas, but had to change plans due to accessibility issues.

When we arrived at the hotel, we found ramps in hotel corridors and eating establishments. However there is no access to pools or beach areas. When I asked why, I was told it was told it was an issue with local building code to protect someone from rolling into a pool. It was frustrating as Westin did not have any notes about lack of accessibility on any web media, nor was this noted by call center agents - which is why we chose this hotel over options. If you are physically challenged or travelling with someone with mobility issues this may not be the best option for your stay.

The public areas of the hotel are clean and modern. The lobby is open and spacious and is very comfortable to sit and chat. Unfortunately for those of us, who frequent Westin due to its smoke-free policy, will find that this property is not smoke-free and as a result one may find the lobby too smokey for one's comfort and health.

The staff is not as efficient as one would expect in a property in this class, my experience was that line staff (those in contact with the public) had no authority to address the guests needs outside of the routine of meeting and greeting guests. An example would be room class upgrades or folio adjustments that are often handled by front desk staff at other hotels require supervisor or manager level approval at this property. The biggest challenge is finding someone who will actually call a manager for you, even service express would give me the runaround before transferring me to the Manager on Duty. I must say that once I reached the manager she was very helpful in getting my issues resolved.

Another staff issue was with the bell and concierge desks, neither of which seemed particularly well staffed. By the third day of my stay, I just skipped the concierge and went to the front desk with my questions. I also stopped waiting for a bellman to hail a cab for me and instead I walked to the end of the driveway and waved for a taxi to pull forward for me. I admit this was not much work, but it was below the level of service I expect from a Westin.
It appeared as if housekeeping tried, but often times it was not quite right. Upon check-in to our room we found several things wrong with our room, non functioning bathroom light, broken toilet seat, non-functioning refrigerator, dirty floors and a musty smell. Most issues were resolved by the second night except for the bathroom light and toilet seat. Additionally on the second night we arrived at the room to find a strong foul odor, we isolated it to the bar area and found that the trash from the previous guests had not been removed. I was disgusted and called the Manager on Duty to request an immediate resolution to the problem. The light was fixed, a dehumidifier was brought in and an ozone machine was located to neutralize the odor. The Manager on Duty expended much energy to ensure our comfort and we appreciate her efforts. The room was whipped into shape the next day and thoroughly cleaned and stocked. Unfortunately, the room was not refreshed with water, tea cups and tea bags as diligently on subsequent days, and the toilet seat was never fixed.

At one point in the stay, I said with certainty that I would never say at the property again. However, in the end, hotel management was very helpful in finding solutions and made adjustments for my inconvenience. They listened and took the feedback without excuses or defenses, and that level of hospitality means something to me.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Multi-Elite
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I loved the long, wide, peaceful and beautiful stretch of beach at the Westin. Our room had a very picturesque view over the crystalline blue ocean.

We stayed for one week in January 2008. All of the staff were always helpful and hospitable. Our spacious room was spotless clean and quiet with comfy beds.

One evening we ate out on the patio at their fine dining restaurant, Arrecifes. Delicious.

We took taxis whenever we went downtown for about $12 to $15 dollars each way. Also, because the Westin is located at the south end of the hotel zone, I liked that we were the first to be dropped off from the shuttle coming from the airport and last to be picked up when heading back.

The concierge booked us a day trip to the Mayan ruins of Chichen-Itza. They are more spectacular than I was expecting and worth the visit. We also went to a good dinner show at Hacienda Andalucia and watched Mexican dances and an equistrian show.

I would like to stay at the Westin again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank likes_travel2
Reviewed February 18, 2008

This is the second year in a row that I have stayed at this property (see my previous review) and I have not experienced the same problems that the other reviewers have. I've only stayed in the Royal Beach Club, and have had very pleasant experiences. The food is good, and the staff is very attentive; if you tip well, they will make sure they treat you well. That goes without saying at any resort.
Yes, there are children who vacation there but if you want an adult-only vacation, go to an adult-only resort.
I haven't stayed in the main building so I can't compare the experience to those who have. However, I have seen marked improvement in the renovations of the hotel in the year that had passed between my stays, and I do believe that they are sincere in their attempts to modernize the resort.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends