“Great Hotel, don't miss the gym”

The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
Ranked #3 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 22, 2007

We had a great time at the Ritz in Cancun. We've stayed at Ritz properties in St. Thomas and Grand Cayman as well and overall this was our favorite. Friendly staff, great food (although of course very pricey), and a beautiful beach - there's not much more you could ask for.

Cancun was not our favorite destination, but the hotel is fantastic!

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Raleigh01

Reviewed August 19, 2007

Our week's stay at The Ritz Carlton Cancun was exceptional. The hotel was stunning, the staff so attentive and the beach simply picturesque. Restaurants - the Sushi/Sashimi Counter was superb - thanks to the wonderful chef, breakfast was always a delight and the seafood banquet was amazing. To our surprise there was a Krups espresso machine in our room - just like we have back home. Outside of just pure relaxation, you can enjoy some wonderful activities outside of the hotel. Recommend swimming with dolphins, although put aside a whole day for this activity. We had several work functions to attend during our stay, with the last being a formal evening so spectular it will be one of my lifetime highlights. Would love to say we would return, however the 30+ hour journey one-way will be what prevents us. Tony & Linda, Sydney Australia

Stayed: April 2007
5  Thank Sydney_Australian
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Not much that can really be said except well......its the Ritz. My wife and i stayed there in Aug and unfortunately had to cut the trip short because of hurricane Dean. But I will say this. The two days we were there were AMAZING. The hotel leaves nothing to chance and prides itself on pampering its guests to the fullest. And not in a "fake" way. All the staff were beyond superb. From the moment we walked in we felt welcome and comfortable to say the least. The hotel itself is flawless. Super clean and well kept. I was amazed to see workers up at the crack of dawn hand scrubbing tiles at the pools (which are amazing by the way). The food was some of the best we have had anywhere in the world. i ordered lobster on the beach and got a 24oz tail that could barely fit on the full sized plate. Of course it was prepared perfectly. Again this was at the Ritz beach grill. The other restaurants were simply incredible. Everything about this hotel is TOP NOTCH. The room views, service, beds, oh and yes....I cannot end without letting you know that the spa is by far the best we have ever experienced anywhere in the world. We will never stay anywere else in Cancun. Amazing.

4  Thank Richard5210
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We were so pampered at the Ritz-Carlton, I don't know if my wife will ever want to go anywhere else. Everyone from the Frontdesk, Bellboys, Concierge, Towel guys, Waiters, Room service were so helpful! The room was perfect. We liked this place so much that I brought the guest survey questionnaire back home to thank them.

I read the review below about the internet. It is prohibitive, but they only have 4 computers available. We concluded that this high price (it's high everywhere in Cancun - why is internet more expensive in Cancun than in Tulum where the rate goes for about $1/hour?) must be to prevent people from just sitting around the computers. My wife had some important business to take care of - making a document and emailing - and the business center people were genuinely very, very helpful. AND it didn't cost us an arm and a leg.

If you are looking for a place to make your stay in Cancun special and romantic, you don't need to look any further than the Ritz.

7  Thank LAcomma
Reviewed August 8, 2007

First of all, this place is NOT STUFFY. It is elegant, beautiful, and on, what I consider the premier beach spot in Cancun. The spa, the lobby, the bell men, the front desk, the restaurants, even the beach grill, all knew our names, and were completely genuine. Some of the Ritz's in the States should send their staff over for some good training.

This place is not over priced, either. Drinks and food were a good value and offered excellent choices.

I have nothing but rave reviews. I would recommend this place to ANYONE!

PS - the Turtle Release Club was amazing!

2  Thank CasperBurger
Reviewed August 8, 2007

This was my first Ritz experience

Positive experiences:
- Common Bathroom very clean
- nicely manecured landscaping
- clean pool ( I saw them clean it every morning)
- great beach side service when setting up your lounge chair
-- our room was always clean, and one day it was cleaned twice. maybe to steal, not sure.
--- chocolates at bed every day with 2 bottles of water

Negative experiences:
--- Rude Conceirge. An overwhelming amount of calls that they do not assist you when your right in front of them.
- ---Conceirge was misleading on 3 occassions: I inquired about the departure of the party I was with, she informed me they had left 3 hours prior, and I needed to get my own taxi to get there as I was late. Lie. I was actually ahead of the party I was with, and as I hurried up to the club, they were just getting down to the lobby and there was no early leave 3 hours prior.
----they scam you into paying full price for the excursions. I said that the jungle tour was announced to be less expensive than booking with a bus if I showed up on my own to the Jungle Tour. He said I was mistaken and would not budge on his statement.
----They don't even know hours of operation and state the wrong hours anyway. he said the restaurant doesn't open toill 6pm, when in reality they are open before noon time.
---- our room was extremely hot at 60 degrees. I should have definitely complained about that.
----their conversion of currency is absurd.
---- when asking to get change in American Dollars, you can forget about that because they will not, instead give you the daily pesos value
--- they scam you with the taxi rates. just walk down the path and taxis are there 5-10$ less.
----their gallery/boutique store sells un-authetic merchandise
---- not well situated like the other hotels offering other amenities across the street
--- charge for pool equipment should be waived considering the price of the room
---- to use their internet, its $15 for 5 minutes!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
10  Thank sugarplumgirlrose77
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Ritz in Cancun. Every other review is spot on - this place is amazing! The hotel is absolutely beautiful - every room faces the ocean (some direct, some side views) but all have balconies. The rooms are standard Ritz (clean, all the amenities you need) and the bathrooms are as always superb. What sets this place apart is the service - easily the best I have ever experienced before. Out at the pool the staff is always there to bring you a cold towel or a popsicle (always complimentary). The food at the restaurants was great - the poolside bar makes a fantastic burger and pizza. Nothing was ever a problem for them - I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: July 2007