“Fun family getaway”

The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
Ranked #4 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“Fun family getaway”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. Our 2 boys stayed busy and had a blast between the pool and beach. They didn't ask to go anywhere else! The rooms are spacious and clean with large patios that overlook the beach where you can sit and relax. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank AmberKimathi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Korean first
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Beautiful waters, wonderful beach, plenty of lounge chairs and staff. Good food, good drinks, great location. We were upgraded to the conceirge level and it was great to have food and drinks available just about all day. Very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Pattilli
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 week and had a really pleasant time.
Two pools and a nice clean beach.
Great food, fun bars, fantastic service and first class accommodations.
We are already planning our next visit in 2014.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank BillNHouston
Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went with my 7 year-old daughter and husband for a quick get away. My daughter kept telling me I was the best Mom ever. The view was perfect and the service was impecable.

The hotel is beautifully maintained and I love that there are actual keys instead of those key cards that you can't put in your wallet. I brought along a keychain I could clip on my beach bag and it was perfect.

The food at all the restaurants was great and the service was wonderful.

We were able to participate in the tutrle Release program and my daughter was thrilled.

The workout room was of ample size and had all the weights we would need and just about every machine you could need.
This place was simply amazing I was sad when we had to go home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Monilou
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can’t say enough about the Hotel and it’s staff. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff is fabulous.They can’t do enough to make sure your stay is specular.We (girls week away) stayed on the Club Level and it’s totally worth the added expense if you can afford it. The 5 food servings a day alone will save you money in the long run.The Beach is fantastic and the beach staff delightful as well. I will return to this Resort you can be sure of that.

I’ve traveled to many Resorts in the Cancun are over the last 20+ years and I can say the service here is beyond compare.The only thing I really missed during this vacation was the tropical feel. When you’re in the hotel it’s very business-like/Colonial influence. When you step out to the pool area its well-kept but not tropical in feel. I miss having lush gardens that are found in many of the other resorts in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank JSP16
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This location is simply great. The location is beautiful and the hotel has one of the best beaches I have ever seen in the world including beaches in Thailand. The ocean water is clean and blue, so it is nice and safe to swim.

We stayed at the club level, and the welcoming process was something that other Ritz Carltons should study. They definitely have a signature style. The staff at the club, were all polite and provided a warm welcome at every interaction. Only disappointment was their desert presentation which was next to nothing. Other presentations were great. Generally, Fridays seem to be the dates at the club, when they really bring out the goof food. Perhaps the standards should be kept up every day.

They also had a great beach restaurant and exceptional sushi restaurant. I missed the Mexican flavor from the location. For example, there were no life bands during the evening hours (or perhaps, I missed them) and food seemed to be too international at times.

The gym at the hotel was clean and well equipped. Their locker rooms were beautiful, clean and nicely organized. I loved the fact that they still had the Ritz Carlton signature soaps in pump bottles as so many locations are just providing something else in their spas.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank TomSjoberg
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had the privilege of staying here for a week, and the service was fantastic. The hotel was quiet and luxurious. It could probably use some updating, but the amenities and first class service more than made up for some slightly dated décor. Room service was so good we ordered it several times while there, which is not normal for us. Highly recommend the chicken ranchero! The beach service was also great as we spent a couple of days sitting sea side. This was our first time staying at a Ritz hotel, and we were highly impressed. You cannot go wrong with staying here!

Room Tip: We had an ocean room view and it was fantastic!