“pok-ta-pok”

and up
Private Tour: Chichen Itza, Ek Balam Cenote, and Tequila Factory
Ranked #243 of 280 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful golf course spread out over several islands in Nichupte Lagoon.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The course itself was not in the best condition but the views made up for it. Very nice lay-out. Food was great; bev cart could have come around a little more often. Staff were extremely nice and very friendly. Would definitely play it again.

1  Thank maggie j

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Was told to get a free pass but when I got there I was told that I need to pay for the driver. I told that I like walking and didn't need a cart and was told that the was not an option. The grass is dry like more than fifty percent of the course. It is better to spend a few more bucks and use the Marriott or some other course don't believe any coupons

1  Thank Gus S
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This could be the most beautiful course in
Cancun hotel zone area. I would have loved to played it in its prime. Good views of the ocean on many of the holes. The price they charge for the shape of the course is not worth it. We paid $87 before 7:30 am and then $99 after 7:30 am. You are better off paying $25 to $50 more and playing either Riviera or Iberostar. If they charged $30 to $35 dollars then maybe I would play it again but not at their prices! Their golf carts barely ran. Didn't think they would make it thru 18 holes. If you're looking for a good golfing experience, then skip this one.

3  Thank Steve L
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am going back to Cancun and have every intention of playing a few more rounds at Pok-ta-Pok.
I was there last January. I payed the local fee of about 42$ which included three drinks, cart and green fees. It was a good deal at that price. Paying 125$ would make the day horrible.
I got good friendly service. The greens were good. The layout was good. The fairways and rough were almost indistinguishable but 'just fine'. Avoid most of the 'sand' traps. Some of the views are terrific. All golf around palm trees is exotic for Canadians.... specially in the winter.
I completely understand the awful reviews as well as the good ones. It really depends on whether you feel like you are getting ripped-off! I was not... I loved it! Go there for a mid level golf experience at a good price.

2  Thank Oliverew
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First the good: the staff was very friendly and the beverage cart came back often. It is convenient to the hotel zone in Cancun.

The Bad: The course. I expected to see goats roaming the course. I didn't see any, but did see a few people wandering the course walking their dogs and talking on cell phones from off the street. The greens weren't horrible, but the fairways were pathetic.

The facility is old and in need of repair. Don't waste your time unless you like paying $145 for a below average municipal course. There are so many better options in the area (at a little more $ granted, but worth the difference).

I would not play here again even if it was only $50.

2  Thank James G