There are several Fiesta Americana hotels in Cancun, and apparently the Coral Beach site is a premium facility. Upon check-in, the helpful receptionist immediately upgraded us to a gorgeous Master Suite. Every room had a beautiful view of the turquoise waters- from the bath to the jacuzzi to the main living room with a two-step up bedroom area.
This hotel is large but still manages to be intimate. We really enjoyed the jazz trio every night in the lounge and the excellent service in the breakfast room, where a Continental Breakfast offers a beautiful fruit plate and selecton of breads or sweet rolls (pastry quality is excellent). So if you are wondering what the big flaw is, be advised that the sun drops down behind the tall hotel building fairly early, depending where you are at the pool, and there is NO sun poolside from 2:30 on. I asked one of the bellmen if this situation would improve at a different time of year and he thought not. You can move to the beautiful beach, which is really very nice, but again, the shadow of the building will leave you "cold" by 3:30 at the latest! Perhaps if it is warm, all of that might even be a blessing, but our weather was on the cool side. ALSO be advised: do not, for any reason imaginable, partake in the 90-minute timeshare sales pitch at another Fiesta Americana down the road. They may call you in your room and offer discounts, but it will not be worth the time and frustration. We could never get a price or definitive idea of cost out of the sales team, even though they kept us for two hours. We were offered discounts to participate, but they raised the exchange rate so much, we didn't save as much as we were told! So, just beware. All in all, the hotel is very special but we would probably not return because of the sun situation. If you do decide to visit, be sure and take a long, leisurely walk "up" the strip (away from the crazy bars and restaurants) because it gets nicer as you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico