“Second time around and will get back for more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #8 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
San Jose del Cabo
“Second time around and will get back for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

My first time here I was invited as a speaker for a BIG medical meeting. So, at that time, when I heard my wife and 2 daughters talking about the excellent food, great swimming pool, wonderful beach and so on I was like "absent". We were helding a busy workshop and I did not have the time for the place. Now, 6 nights with my wife and all the time of the world for us after, I must say It is not a new place, but still a great spot for quality service, great restaurants and a gorgeous view. We arrived at 3 AM due to airline problems, and they did a good job for a speedy check-in process. They always honored the "do not disturb" sign (believe it or not, in some places thet DON'T). A clue: two excellent restaurants offer breakfast buffet at a different price, the only difference is the smallest place does not incluide alcohol on the price, so, if you, like me, are not a drinker, GO FOR IT, it is basically the same food with a more calmed surroinding and more balanced price (for being at Cancun). Booking outside amenities with the hotel's people is safer, and the 2 or 3 things we did that way were smooth as we get what they offer. Cab prices are not much different that geting a car outside the premises and gives you a better sense of safety. So, not a superloxury place but iit is worth the price

Room Tip: it looks like all rooms are beachfront, so they all look basically the same
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pvelderrain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
MEXICO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I was here on a business trip with my husband, its a good hotel nice rooms, nice ammenities. The food is ok but pricy (the quality doesn´t meet the price paid). To your consideration, it has a practically a 300 meters private beach, it is a good thing if you are travelling with small children or by any reason you don´t like people walking by the beach, but at the same time if you are a runner or enjouy long walks on the beach, you have to leave the property through the Lobby in order to find the entrace by CocoBongo etc to the beach. The hotel is nice, but it is not my style it doesn´t feel totally modern, you have to go through the lobby for almost everything, is like a nice 90´s hotel. For business is a great location, just across the convention center, and the hotel is use to manage large groups. Not springbreakers nor honeymooners so much, even if its just by Cancun´s nightlife, its more of a family, business style hotel

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
3 Thank Ana0610
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

There are small things which distinguish a good hotel from average. This place is beautifully situated, elegant with nice rooms overlooking the beach and excellent pools and pleasant staff. Little things spoil what should be a great experience. Although internet is provided it simply doesn't work as it should despite attempts to fix it. It took numerous trips to the front desk over four days to obtain a working key to the room. Eventually it was fixed but one doesn't want to spend valuable time explaining the situation repeatedly. An attempt to book the French restaurant was met with a lecture on proper attire to wear, a suit with tie was required and no slacks for ladies. 600 dollars walked out the door to where people were not so pretentious. It is a beach resort after all. My view is it is at the best a four star establishment.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Henryadams1
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

In July I traveled with my parents, my husband and two children 5 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son whom has special needs. My son who uses a wheelchair has cerebral palsy and sometimes cannot control his movements however he knows how to swim independently. Please note that when he swims he is mainly floating and lightly kicks and splashes. He does not yell or cause any noise. On our last day I was at the pool with my son (wheelchair right next to us- outside of pool) and we were approached by the lifeguard who loudly (in front of other guests)told me that if my son swam the way he did that he was not allowed to swim. He continued to say that he knew that my son could swim but that he looked like he was drowning when he did and did not want to be bothered by it and then he left. I was quite shocked by this man's discriminatory and simply repulsive statements. I have traveled around the world with my son and stayed at fine hotels and resorts and have never come across such nasty behavior by an employee at a hotel. The worst part was that he said it in front of my son whose feelings were deeply hurt.

I wrote to the hotel and it took them two weeks to get back to me just to say that they apologized for his behavior and that they found out who said the statements to us and suspended him from work for 3 days. They told us that they hope to see us again. Unfortunately for them we will never go back.

Only reason we stayed at the Fiesta Americana was because of the calm beach but for the past few years we have been staying at the Ritz Carlton Cancun where they actually built a beach wheelchair for my son so that we could walk him on the beach. They keep the wheelchair for any handicapped guest who wants to do the same. The Fiesta American wants people to believe they are up to par with the Ritz Carlton but they are not even close and have much to learn about customer satisfaction. Will NEVER return to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view. Higher floors are best otherwise 3rd floor and below will get palm trees...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Noemy2014
Leeds,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed here for 10 days and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It's a large hotel but very well organised so for example breakfast time service is very hasty but well organised enough that lots of people are served quickly and are not waiting around. Nice rooms with a great sea view. We enjoyed watching all the pelicans fly past and there was an eagle which fished throughout the day then came to roost on one of the balcony's each evening - really interesting to watch. Our boys enjoyed the large pools and the beach was lovely with nice fine sand and was on the sheltered side of the peninsular. The hotel is close to the action with lots of bars and restaurants nearby but it's just far enough away for a quiet nights sleep. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YvieLeeds_
Hutto, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This hotel is by far the best hotel for families and even couples. It appears that every room has beach view. I stayed with my wife and toddler and we all had a great time. my son loved the pool since it had lots of areas where he could walk in the pool. The room was huge, I dont think we had a premium room but it was very roomy. The service was awesome and the staff was very helpful. The food was a little pricey in the hotel. We ate once in the breakfast buffet but was expensive. the food was plentiful. The hotel is right on the beach so once you past the pool, you are right on the beach. No seaweed or rocks. just nice white powdery sand. The hotel is in the right area. when you walk out the hotel, across the street you have major restaurants and shops and night clubs. and dont worry, you do not hear any of this from your room.

Room Tip: get a center room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Julian H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

If you are wanting to get away, relax and forget the world around you the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa is where you need to go! The Spa is out of this world! From couple massages to hydrotherapy sessions, it truly is a hidden gem. If you ever make it out of the spa, head over to the beach. The resort sits on the most beautiful strip of beach in Cancun. Crystal Clear Blue Water! The staff at the resort are friendly and eager to please. You'll enjoy your stay at this relaxing Resort!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business