“Great place”

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #12 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Spent a few days looking online for a hotel in Cancun that ticked all the boxes. Eventually went for this place. Wasn't disappointed.
Only one complaint, reservation was made for 4 persons with buffet breakfast, however when we got there was told that the children could only eat from the kids menu....not the buffet. This wasn't mentioned on the reservation at all.
The beach is large and the sea relatively calm compared to the other hotels up the east coast, so I think better for the small children to swim here. Also location is great as its right next to the main night life and restaurants.
Check in and check out were very rapid and efficient.
Hotel is well maintained and immaculate. - very classy. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Steve172

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Shame on me but I confess I doubted a friend who told me how fabulous this hotel was. My thinking was - "it's Cancun" - and while I think a lot of positive things about Cancun, I don't think of luxury.

How wrong. First, the lobby - spacious, immaculate, stunning floral arrangements and a colorful atrium window. Second, the rooms - quality linens, pillow, and mattress; immaculate; gilcrest and soames bath products; stunning balcony view. And what a lovely robe! Third, the pool and beach. The pool goes on for a block and my 5-year-old spent 7 hours in it one day, not counting the lunch she are on a bar stool suspended in the water. White beach sand and plenty of lounge chairs. One man simply squeegees the sand out of the pool area to keep the area pristine. Another brought us fresh towels without us asking because it got a bit chilly suddenly. Fourth, breakfast. Top service. I'll go back just to see Hugo again. He remembered our name every day we went. And the food quality was exceptional - both for local and international (Japanese). I'm going back to Cancun just to stay here again. Oh and the fitness center was well maintained

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank WanderlustChicagoIL
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just stayed here recently this spring season during a short trip. The hotel remains fantastic, very well maintained, rooms are ample, great linen quality and the service is amazing. Food quality is great, I tried Viña del mar for breakfast, Isla Contoy for lunch and Coral cafe for dinner and all were great. Also location is excellent as it is just walking distance from main attractions. Hotel was almost sold out but you couldnt tlell because all areas are very ample.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, the view is worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MEM22
Reviewed May 7, 2014

great resort with a precious maintance . the hotel construction is a bit old , but the comfort and the maintance is wonderfull , the staf of the hotel are very good trained . the rooms are big , we spend the new years eve with my 2 kids ( 7 and 5 years old ) and they sleept in the coach of our bedroom . the bathroom is giant too . wechoose this resort because of the quiaet beach , with quiet waves and because of the location , near the restaurants and the night life .kids just loved the pool and they realy enjoyed the night camp beach cinema program by the kids club .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lucylovestravel
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just got back from a very quick (3 day) getaway. It felt like 10 days. We paid the extra for the Grand Club level and never regretted the expense. Upon arrival, we were escorted straight up to the Club Level concierge who promptly checked us in (room was ready even though we arrived mid-morning) and a waiter brought us cold drinks. I should note that Club Level rooms are located on the top floor, so you get a guaranteed fantastic view. The food presentations throughout the day were appetizer sized, but satisfying. The drinks are all top shelf. We ate breakfast and lunches at the Club, but ate at La Joya for dinner (which was great!). However, the real treat is the view, the pool and beach area. Amazing. Really, really amazing. The grounds are beautiful, the sand is stunning and the service everywhere is fantastic. Previous reviewers have said it all.

While researching other reviews, I'm surprised I didn't see more comments about the spa. I wasn't planning on going, but thankfully, the rain one afternoon caused me to change my mind. The spa here is hands down the best spa experience I've had. Each treatment includes a wonderful 10 step hydro-therapy session prior to the service. The therapy rooms (steam, sauna, ice, jacuzzi, etc) were so beautifully decorated. The massage and all the staff were equally amazing. Can't recommend it enough.

Bottom line, this was our first trip to Cancun. We had low expectations, but Fiesta Americana Grand Coral has changed our minds for sure. We plan on returning next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveler10012
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I think that Fiesta Americana Coral Beach is truly paradise. When I opened the door to my room, the beauty of the water took my breath away. What an incredible view! The pool is fabulous. I've stayed at other hotels in Cancun and nothing compares to this one. You won't regret a single minute..and you'll be so sad when it's time to leave!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank southerntraveler8
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went here for a quick 4 day trip and the hotel is spectacular. The previous reviewers were not wrong in their estimation of this hotel. It's impeccable views leave you wanting more. The service that we received throughout our stay in this hotel was absolutely wonderful. This does not go without saying that we had a few issues in our room. We were given a corner master suite with a huge terrace on the 3rd floor. What a beautiful view! But upon coming into the room, our room keys wouldn't work after we had already settled in the room because the battery operated lock was not functioning. The batteries had died. Then I put our passports in the safe and put in the code and attempted to open the safe and it broke and I had to have facilities open it. Our suite also had a 2 person jacuzzi and I tried to use it one evening and filled it with water. The water pressure was very low, so filling it was a bit time consuming and when I finally had the correct water level, I turned it on and the jets sputtered a bit and wouldn't turn on. I turned it off and just decided to take a long, hot bath instead. The next day we found out that apparently from turning on the jets in the tub, it had caused some sort of leak in the floor before although they were only on for a minute because they had not been working. Although the room was riddled with issues, I will still come back. The service, the overall experience was that wonderful. This is not an all inclusive hotel if that is what you are looking for and it is a bit expensive, but you certainly get what you paid for. You will enjoy your stay because the staff ensures that!

Room Tip: Any room above the 3rd floor is bound to get you an impeccable ocean view! If you can get a corner...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple