“Exceptional stay”

Ranked #9 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Bengaluru, India
“Exceptional stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

the only words that describes this hotel is "it is the best in Cancun!". We visited here during Christmas of 2012 - right from Check-in to Check-out, we could have not been happier with our experience. The rooms and restaurants were very good- the breakfast buffet, though a bit expensive was very good also. The place is very close to other places to visit and eat just in case you want a night on the town.

The beach is very clean and a lot of amenities on the beach. No reservations recommending this place! - trust me, you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Srikanth C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here in September with a friend in a master suite for one week. Here is my input:

The good:
Quality resort with a nice beach and very clean. The pools are beautiful. Staff is very nice. However I expected all this.

The ok:
The ocean. We had mixed weather some rain and decent consistent wind alas the water was pretty consistently chopped (early am/mid day and evening). I am a swimmer so I chose this hotel due to the reviews of "great swimming". I will assume that most of it was weather related however the swimming was not enjoyable due to the cloudy water and consistent waves.

We did their concierge level which came with drinks/light food. The staff was great but the atmosphere is less than lively. The food selection was "ok" fairly limited and most was pre-laid out in tiny vessels. I would have preffered less vessels and more help yourself so you didn't have to waste what you didn't want to eat. The drinks were ok. I would have preferred the ability to make my own drinks becasue they were very weak.

They have four restaurants and the French one was closed for the month so they really only had three.
The hotel occupancy was low so the restaurants were pretty dead.

La Isla - buffet style nice outdoor setting decent food good prices

La Joya - more expensive interior restaurant with ok atmosphere

Coral Cafe - Bistro style casual in decor (seemed more like a cafe to me) you are in the hotel hallway,
not casual in price. For what you get it is expensive and limited.

Breakfast brunch buffet - I expected this brunch buffet to be more upscale and diverse. The food is almost all mexican. All I wanted was some veggies/cheese and eggs benedict. I was dissapointed in the selections. If I ate what was being served they would need to give me a life jacket for the pool.

The bad:
For such an "upscale resort" I expected my chair to be set up with towels. No go. Go to the towel boy and have him look you up and your are handed towels.

The pool service is good however they are obsessed with you filling out your check and tipping them each time. We wanted to leave our check open but it was frowned upon. They also hover over you while you are trying to fill out the bill. This was awkward at best.

Turn down service came around 5-5:30 daily which was the time we were coming back to our room and showering. Turn down service (lighting/bed's/chocolates) should be done generally while your guests are at dinner.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views. Lower might be less windy. I was on the 11th floor and we were rarely o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Love2dine054
California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this resort July 2013. We had stayed at a Fiesta Americana in Puerta Vallarta a few years ago and enjoyed that so my wife and I decided to try them again. These guys are the real deal. The staff is very nice and try to help you any way they can. We got a free "passport" coupon book that included A LOT of free stuff. Free breakfast at the buffet. The food was very good. They even had a lady cooking eggs, sopes, tortillas etc. to order. free dinners, spa treatments, drinks. It was awesome. Their spa is beautiful and relaxing. Will definitely stay here again when we go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jorge F
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Even that the resort is not new, it has an amazing beach, The spa is the best in Mexico, food and service where very good and the staff very friendly and efficient.
Get the multilevel suite, they have extraordinary view and a lot of space.
My favorite hotel in Cancun

Room Tip: Suites with Balcony Oceanview
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Richard D
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The service in this hotel is better than the Four Seasons I have stayed at. I was in Cancun for a large event I was really surprise at the quality of the food. The Hotel staff are always eager to please. My wife had a massage done in the room and her hair done in the SPA.
Definitely on my next Cancun trip.

Room Tip: Do not miss the breakfast buffet. American, Mexican and even Japanese cuisine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank J52Mesa
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

High end hotel. Everything about is just plainly AWESOME. All the rooms are ocean view, the pools are amazing. The beach, is like a pool.. Greatest hotel we ever stayed in. High end. HIgh high end. Just as well you can expect (if you are reasonable) everything in here will be for sale. And it won't be cheap. You want cheap, you get cheap. This place is amazing and honestly they are not expensive at all when compared to value for your money. Noise is nowhere to be found. And the SPA is the best thing my wife and I ever saw. Nothing to recommend to our friends in this hotel except to let them know after only 2 visits we really got fond of this place and the excellent service you got us used to has gotten us in trouble in some other places. If you want to be pampered and treated like royalty, look no further.

Best hotel ever..!!! =)

And no, I was not paid to post this review.. =)

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the same level as the lobby
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tech A
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I paid for a 11 nights breakfast included. Hotel looks from the 80's renovated for sure. Hotel personnel were knocking my door at least three times a day for checking if i used the minibar drinks and snacks this gets annoying, they do not respect privacy. They do not supply anything on courtesy not even internet they want to charge 22 USD per day!! this is crazy. The price of a bottle of water from the minibar is 8 USD!!! and the hotel does not aloud anything in. I do not recommend this hotel at all, there is no consideration with the customer in terms of fare prices.

Room Tip: Unless you don't care about giving away your money go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family