“This place is wonderful, the BEST in Cancun!”

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #9 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed September 9, 2013

WE stayed here in May 2013, it was HEAVENLY! The rooms are nice, clean and well appointed. We upgraded to the club level, which was well worth it. You get access to the club for breakfast every day, a cocktail happy hour and beer and wine for a couple of hours in the evenings. The service was WONDERFUL, they didn't have tortillas at the breakfast buffet on the club level the first day, I asked once and they immediately brought them to our table EVERY day after that without being asked. It's the little things like that to me that stick out. We got to know one of the activity staff girls and she always made sure we had water and snacks at our beach palapa all day long and always with a giant smile. The pools are great, our four year old son had a blast! The hotel was not very busy, which didn't bother me one bit, we enjoy quiet and relaxation, but if you are looking for active nightlife and a wild party atmosphere, this would NOT be the place for you although it is VERY close to all the nightlife in Cancun. All in all, I think we chose the BEST resort in Cancun and we will be back!

Room Tip: splurge on the club level!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank lindsey381
Write a ReviewReviews (4,268)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

All in all this is a lovely resort and I enjoyed my stay here.

Pros:
The pool area of this resort is beautiful and it is kept impeccably clean
The beach in front is lovely and nicely protected from rough weather conditions
The rooms are huge - I stayed in their entry level room and it had a sunken lounge area with corner couch and balcony
The beds were very comfortable
The staff were lovely and always greeted you with a smile

Cons:
I didn't have a hot shower for the length of my stay, it was warm at best. I addressed this with the hotel and they sent maintenance to look at it but I never received any feedback nor did the situation change.
They charge extra for everything - usually at 5 star resorts I've received complementary Internet, a couple of bottles of water per day etc. not here, the Internet is around $20-30 per 24hrs (I can't remember the exact amount) and they even charge for the coffee and tea bags (this was a first for me)
Room service food was terrible, even for room service, it was cold & soggy by the time it got to me. If you're going to eat at the hotel, go to one of the restaurants, it was much better there.

I got a great low season rate for this hotel, so the cons above weren't a big deal for me... but they would have been disappointing if I'd paid full rate. I'd definitely consider staying here again, depending on the rate. As I said, the room and grounds were fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Maile83
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This review is mostly for families with small children. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa for 8 nights / 9 days. This was our 4th time @ this hotel. We stayed there as a couple, newly weds, with 17 months old baby and this time when my son is almost 5. This year it was a family vacations with grandparents and aunts. We love this resort and it is the perfect hotel for the entire family from grandparents to our 4 year old. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. When my son was a baby they provided a crib and even a stroller (deposit required) during our stay in 2010. This time we had West wing junior suite ocean front: beautiful, renovated, always very clean, with breathtaking views. On the East side of the hotel there is a small playground with a slide to a toddler pool. My son loved it! Pools are amazing: with fountains, swim up bars and islands. The pools service was very good, regular US prices, good food and drinks. We had lunch at the pool side or at their pool restaurant almost every day. In my opinion this hotel has the best beach in Cancun: white sand, very calm and clean water right in front of the hotel. Their stuff always make sure that there are no outsiders in the pool and beach area. As I mentioned we love this hotel for its location: It's close (walking distance) to attractions, tiny stores, restaurants, clubs but you will never hear all that nightlife noise. Next to hotel there is a ferry to Isla Mujeres and next door hotel offers a lot of water sport activities. You won't get bored. We also enjoyed their breakfast buffet: delicious food and great service. Maybe their lobby needs a little makeover but you forget about it when you experience their outstanding customer service. This hotel is truly a great place to stay with kids or just as a couple and we can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views but 1st and 2nd floor rooms are Ocean View not Front (pros they are ve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Edyta A
Reviewed September 4, 2013

In June, my husband and 2 adult daughters stayed the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach.
This place was amazing! Can't say enough for everyone that works there. The place was spotless. The wait staff at all the bars and restaurants were first class all the way! The views from our rooms were breathtaking and the beach was perfect. Will absolutely return for another perfect time in Mexico. Only negative was a slight mold smell in our romm from time to time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the ocean and beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LoveBeachLife4ever
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been to the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa on Blvd Kukulcan Km 9.5 Lote 6 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico three different times and the hospitality has always been 5-star. If you're looking for an excellent place to with awesome pools and the beach just steps away, this is a no-brainer. We would recommend staying on site and eating all your meals at the resort. The breakfast buffet is extensive and the evening dining experience is first rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bohmmeister
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me first start by saying I felt like a star from the first minute we arrived at the front door. Doorman, check in was fast, & we received coupons by being a VIP Elite member through Expedia. Room & the view of the ocean was Fantastic! We were there for our 5th anniversary 02/08/13-02/13/13 & used our coupons for the buy 1 get 1 free spa treatment. My husband generally doesn't like to spend $ on spas but heck, it was our honeymoon so he didn't really have a say so :-). He stated he would've been upset had we not done it because it was 5 STARS all the way!!! There is no way this can't be the best spa in the Caribbean, I mean, pool, steam, ice room, sauna, another pool, shower all took at least 11/2 hours then they give you a 1 hour massage? Then they topped it off with a 4 course VDay dinner (with wine!) while still in our robes overlooking the resort OMG is all I can say...if you stay here & don't experience the spa shame on you! Our appointment started at & we didn't get back to our room until 8:30, and guess what? Our room was cleaned for a second time & the bed turned down with our slippers on each side so all we had to do was sleep...

We laughed at how fast another guest dropped their drink while we were at breakfast & I swear the server was there before the drink hit the floor with a towel to clean it up! Now this is the epitome of excellent service, other hotels take note! Breakfast buffet was AWESOME!!!

Their location is within 100 yards of the clubs, it was fantastic all around. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I return to Cancun...you shouldn't either!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aneetra S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got a room on the first floor that couldn't see anything (we paid for an ocean view). I made a comment and the luggage guy called the receptionist and they solved out problem instantly and moved us to a room with ocean view as was on our reservation! Great service!

• Stayed: August 2013