“Excellent hotel on beautiful beach”

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #12 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are not typically beach people and do not usually stay at resort hotels such as this one. But it was a wonderful, 2 day respite and everything was top quality -- the room was huge, comfortable and well equipped. The views of the ocean were gorgeous. The service is top notch. And the breakfast buffet is one of the best anywhere. We were very happy with all aspects of our stay. And, given the low-season, promotional price that we paid, it was even a relative bargain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gmg55

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and I must say that the entire experience was absolutely top notch. From the time we dropped off the car at the front door, we were pampered and catered. The staff was all very warm and friendly without being over solicitous. The room we stayed at, on the 10th. floor (east tower) was wonderful with incredible oceanfront views from our balcony. The in-house restaurants were all top notch. As well as the pools and private beach absolutely delightful would be my most accurate description of the entire stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1065 east tower, in which they recently completed renovations.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David L
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful Resort for Father's Day weekend and boy was I pleased.The friendly and attentive staff made it very easy to fall in love with this place and I did just that.I was able to enjoy a peace of mind and when I wanted to have a little fun it wasn't hard to find. What you can't figure out on your own the staff will point you in the right direction.Don't miss the breakfast buffet and there's also a nice restaurant with live music.ROMANTIC!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view. Thats worth the cost alone
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeTheG
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We spent 1 week at the Coral Beach and it was perfect. I have already been in Cancun before but at another hotel, and I told myself that on the my next trip to Cancun I would stay at the Coral Beach, so that´s what I did. We opted for a Master Suite with Grand Club access, which is located on the top floor with a large terrase and amazing views!! For only a few dollars more, we had complimentary food and drinks all the time, and the food is very good with a lot of options. Not to mention the service which was great too!!

The hotel pool is the best attraction, with bars and different pools for everyone. The beach is right in front of the pool, as it is in most of the hotels in Cancun, but this beach is particularly the best for being like an exclusive beach with flat ocean, different from the most others where the ocean is a little dangerous. Besides that, the hotel is right in the city center, just steps from Caracol square with all the bars and nightclubs. The best of them is Coco Bongo, everyone should try it once.

We had breakfast at the hotel main restaurant and it is one of the best and most complete we have ever seen. We also had lunch and dinner at the Grand Club every days and it was very good!!

I have only good things to say about my stay and I´ll be back for sure when in Cancun again. I´d like to thank all the staff who assisted us during our stay and leave a special thanks to Lidia and Karina, both from the Grand Club, they were so kind and we loved them!!

Room Tip: Stay at one of the Grand Club suites, they have the best views with complimentary food and drinks..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RodolphoBorges
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a wonderful and beautiful resort. Everything within the resort is absolutely well thought out and very pleasant. Everything a Five Start Resort Should Be! A visit to Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres is a must. I really did not enjoy the flea market area. The male sellers were way too aggressive and disrespectful. We also done some shopping in the old downtown area and we found that quite pleasing. Beautiful Resort!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything was great through out our stay until check out! I am actually writing this review as i wait on our airport transportation... i was planning on writing an awesome review and giving them 5 stars... service was immaculate apart from our check out experience. The night before check out my spouse and I decided on ordering room service, our food came and we paid in cash our bill came out to $535 pesos; we only had $470 in pesos asked if we could pay in pesos and dollars (last night in town wanted to use up all of our mexican money) he stated we could... asked gentleman delivering our food how much they were buying the dollar, he radio'd someone and they stated $11.75 so we paid $470 in pesos and $20 in dollars told the gentleman he could keep the change (approx. $13 (dollars) so here is were we made an honest mistake, my spouse signed the receipt provided by room service delivery gentleman since my spouse had done so on a previous occasion at La Joya Restaurant for using a coupon provided on the black passport stating services were provided so my husband signed it thinking it was for proof we had room service. At check out we were surprised to be billed the room service.. We questioned it and told the grand club concierge lady we paid it in cash she did not seem to believe us but tried to seem concerned. Per their employee we NEVER gave him any cash... We wound up having to re-pay since per their employee we never paid him or another option was to file charges... Since our flight was leaving in a few hours we didn't think it was worth it... Lesson learned if paying cash never sign a receipt!!! Apart from that experience our stay was wonderful, we got grand club based on trip advisor and Expedia reviews and it was well worth it! Pool and beach area were amazing as well as their services we did encounter a grumpy server one evening but it wasn't enough to ruin my evening by the pool and I figured he had a long day. Restaurant and drink prices are about the same as in the US maybe a bit less. I might reconsider staying here again but would definitely be more careful.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Liz G
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed there with my husband,my 11,7 and 2 year old in mid july and I could not have picked a better hotel. everything from location to service is perfect. the hotel is beautiful with spacious rooms, all 5 fit just fine in one room ,they even brought a crib for the little one and got the turndown service as well, the service is amazing ,everyone is very nice and helpful,we only ate at two restaurants in the hotel but both were very good and like I said just for the service alone I would have eaten all day there. even the towel man has a smile and wants to help. the location is perfect ,walking distance to disco if that is your thing, restaurants, oxxo(to get anything) farmacies,shopping . the pool is beautiful and the beach is gorgeous ,its like a big aqua pool . so as you can see everything about this hotel is perfect, the only minor detail is that everything in the mini bar is super expensive but like I said you can go to oxxo and get water bottles,cookies for half the price and just keep them in the room .

Room Tip: get a room with view to the ocean
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family