We first visited this hotel in March 2011 and thought it was top notch. When we went back in March 2013, we noticed that the service seemed to be a little off from where it was 2 years ago. I should note that the resort was also MUCH more crowded this year over 2011--not sure if that had anything to do with the slight change in service. I also noticed that when we first visited in 2011, there was no need to rush out and reserve a chair or a spot on the beach...however while we were there this year, if you tried to reserve your spot at 6am you were already too late! I'm not exaggerating on this...my husband went out at 5:30am each day to reserve a spot/chair near the beach or pool--not something we wanted to have to do on vacation.
As we did in 2011, we requested a room in the West Tower, which has the remodeled rooms. Floors 6-10 in the East Tower were said to have been remodeled as well, however friends of ours had a "remodeled" room in the east tower and the furniture was considerably older than in our West Tower room and their room was also smaller in size. We were in room 826 in the West Tower and had a perfect view right over the pools and into the ocean. The first year, I believe we were in 326 in the West Tower and because that room was right above the lobby, it was much larger than normal. I would have grabbed that room again for our most recent trip but it was booked.
Overall, we had a great vacation at the Fiesta, however I am going to look at other resorts going forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico