My boyfriend and I went to Cancun for 5 nights and chose to stay at this hotel. After reading, almost all, of the reviews, I knew it was going to be good, but I had no idea just how good. (On a side note, April seems to be the best time to visit the area; Spring Breaks are over, no children or teenagers. Summer has not yet begun, nor has wedding season. The hotel was at a very low capacity and we had no proplem getting into any restaurant in the area). Back to the hotel...
When we walked into our Ocean Front King Suite, my breath was taken away by the view of the ocean from our room. We were on the 8th floor, so it felt like you were in the middle of the crystal clear blue water. The room was very large, wonderful marble floors, very comfortable bed with lots of pillows, and a large bathroom area with separate toilet/shower room. In addition to the maids cleaning the room everyday, there was also a daily nighttime turn-down service. This hotel really pays attention to the small details that make its guest happy. The air conditioning in the room was perfect: not too loud, kept the room consistantly at whatever temp you set it at. We even kept the large floor to ceiling sliding doors to our balcony open a bit to hear the ocean while we slept and the air conditioning never missed a beat. The towels in the room were so soft, and extra long.
The pools and beach area are second to none. Four huge pools with swin up bars connect through the back of the hotel. I always saw someone cleaning or sweeping the area. There was never any sand around the pool area. The beach is a mere 2 steps away from the pools with confortable lounge chairs and wonderful cabanas. The cabanas are an extra charge per day, however well worth it as it comes with cool towels, small snacks throughout the day, and a large bottle of water on ice. Plus there are sheer curtains on the sides of the cabana bed so you get a very private setting. The drink service on the beach is great.
On the beach is water sport rentals. We rented jet skiis, which was a lot of fun. There is also the dock to board the boat to Isla Mujeres. We never went to the island but will definitely go next time.
The champagne breakfast buffee was by far my favorite meal. There are coupons in your welcome passport that either make it free or very discounted. Again wonderful service and great food.
Definitely plan a visit, and save some money, for the Gem Spa. Its pricy, but again there is a coupon in your Welcome Passport that helps save a little money. I got the Obsidian Stone Massage, which was wonderful, but just like massages I've gotten in the United States. What really sets the spa apart is the wonderful and soothing decor and the hydrotherapy experience, which comes with every service you book. It takes about an hour and a half, and they take you through different pools, saunas, steam rooms, ice rooms, cooling showers, and water temperatures. You have your own private guide throughout the process that recommends how long you should be in each part and comes to get you when you're done. I came out of the Gem Spa in complete relaxation.
The only negative part of the trip was having to leave!! My boyfriend and I kept trying to find the negatives that we read about on Trip Advisor and we couldn't find any. I think it has to do with going during the off time of April when its not crowded, perfect mid-80 degree temps, and cool water. i wouldn't recommend going during the summer to the area, as it just too hot and there is no way to escape it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico