“The best experience ever !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #8 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Noida, India
“The best experience ever !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went there for a 3 day trip.. An awesome place and the best experience ever. Fabulous beach and wonderful swimming pool. Loved each and everything about this place. Strongly recommend it to everyone going to Cancun .

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank shaktiagoel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely first class gorgeous hotel!

We were supposed to be across the street at the Hyatt but it was so terrible there, we checked out after one night and into the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. We were so glad that we did too. Booked directly at the front desk and paid $299/night for the room.

We had a gorgeous suite with king bed, large ensuite, sitting area and directly overlooked the beach and pool area.

The pools were warm and heated, the beach was gorgeous with soft sand (no rocks) and the service all round was top notch. Best of all it was very quite at night and we didn't hear the noisy discos just down the street (hotel faces the other direction).

We loved this property and would definitely stay there again without hesitation!

2 Thank Jaimekelowna
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 10 year anniversary getaway. We selected this resort based on recommendations regarding the level of service. I am extremely pleased to say that we were thrilled!!! The service is second to none!! The spa is 40,000 square feet of paradise and the resort restaurants are delicious. We can't say enough about what an amazing time we had!!!
Go here and go to the best!!!!

3 Thank JulieO65
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

“This place is nice for Mexico”. I was talking with a fellow guest at the FAGCB and when he said that, it kind of stuck in my mind because it is so succinct and accurate. Overall this is a pretty good hotel which has good and bad points. I’ll start with the bad because that generally makes for more interesting reading.

First off: What did I purchase? 2 Rooms with 2 beds each with Grand Club privileges and “Black Passport” resort credit for 5 nights from Expedia.com. In my opinion Expedia and the FAGCB are running a bait and switch scheme for bookings at this hotel. On the first pricing page I was promised resort credit but on succeeding pages that credit mysteriously disappears. When I arrived at the hotel I was told they had no record of me receiving resort credit and when I called Expedia to try and work out the situation I was told “ Sucks to be you”. So the end result was no resort credit. Now it’s a little hard for me to gauge how this affected my vacation as we were pretty busy. It was more of an irritation or a straw on the back of a camel.

Now although I booked 2 rooms with 2 beds, I really wanted 1 of the rooms to have a king bed. Expedia helped with that request and my second room was a king bed on the 9th floor. My other room was on the Grand Club level which is the 11th floor. Because the hotel was at or near capacity we didn’t get our room keys until about 6pm. Again an irritation; my family had been up awhile by this point and were itching to get in the pool and relax. My room on the 9th floor had one of those pass through doors connecting to the next room. I eyed that suspiciously when I checked in and my fears were confirmed. Throughout our stay I could hear the family next door as clear as a bell. They had a pre-verbal toddler with them. Sometimes the child was happy, sometimes sad but always loud. Lord knows what time zone they came from because it seemed like that kid was up until midnight. I chose this hotel because it is family friendly; I just wish that more sound proofing was installed in the rooms. So if it wasn’t that child keeping me awake it was the bed. It is firmer than what I am used to and I guess I’m sensitive to that because I would wake up throughout the night for no reason. However my wife had no complaints about the bed other than to say the sheets felt a little damp from the ocean air.

So enough of the bad. What about the good? The Grand Club in particular really stands out. I fully expected to eat out in Cancun at least for dinner. But once my family got a look at the club they told me they didn’t want to go anywhere. There isn’t a whole lot of variety as far as the food that is served, but what is served is top notch. I liked the evening happy hour for two reasons: 1. It kept me sober and away from alcohol most of the day and 2. When it was time to drink they would give you anything they stocked. I asked a bartender to make me a margarita one night and he gave me a golden margarita and said I would like it. He was right because I had three. I noticed the next day on one of the restaurants menus that a golden margarita goes for approximately 13 dollars US. There are other aspects to the Grand Club. Free use of the gym, and complimentary Wi-Fi; I used both of these. The gym is kind of medium sized. I would describe it as adequate but nothing too fancy.

Another thing that stands out is this hotel’s location. It’s perfect. Cancun can have a pretty rough ocean what with the winds coming straight in from the east/southeast. The beach at the FAGCB is protected from most of that which means you can go in the ocean whenever you want and enjoy it. The other half of the location lies outside the front door. You are walking distance to anything important. The convenience store OXXO is a block away. There is shopping, restaurants and nightclubs all within a 10 minute walk. If you want it, it’s probably close by; very convenient.

Lastly I want to mention the staff of the FAGCB. They were all excellent. The waiters at the Grand Club? Awesome. Check in? Superb. Pool staff? Always smiling. Bellman? Upset that I would attempt to load my own suitcase when it was time to leave. All in all the workers are the best asset of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Bi_P0lar
nny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I often assume that many lesser brands try to game the ratings systems on the major booking websites. However, I usually use a blended average star rating to determine if the hotel is truly a 4 or 5 star property. When reviewing possible 5 star locations in Cancun only 2 properties were consistently rated 5 stars - The Ritz Carlton and The Fiesta Americana Grand Coral.

Since, we had already stayed at the Ritz Carlton Cancun, I thought we'd try something new.

The good - The grand club food selection was nice for myself, but he rest of my vegetarian family had to fill up on fruit in the AM and enjoy a pizza from room service at night. The beach is really a gem. Clean sand with moderate rolling waves that are perfect for young families.

The bad - Where to start? The room was spacious but had the appereance of a rundown motel. Crack walls, chipped paint, doors that don't close, rusting metal. Again, if I had gone in expecting a 3 star, I might have been impressed, but no one should confuse this property for a true 5 star hotel.

The hotel clearly allows too many people to take advantage of their "chair reservation system" what ever that is. We were on the grand club level and told we could "save" a chair but I knew we'd be up early coming from the east coast. We hit the pool on the first day at 8am. There were ZERO swimmers and about 10 people scattered around 5 large pools and yet we could not find a chair anywhere. 3 hours later when we left the pool probably 60% of these chairs had not be touched. I'm sure the people that reserved the chairs were still lounging in their rooms. It's a bad system but I know it's typical for many hotels.

The staff in general seemed uninformed on many issues - "Where can I buy beach equipment?" "What will a cab cost to the airport?" "Where do I catch the bus to Chichen Itza?"

I have many other thoughts that I'll add later, but I really want everyone to know that this is a solid 3, maybe a 3 1/2 star property and not a five star as most major booking websites list it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank thousandislands2
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my second trip to The Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. It is still an amazing hotel, with views second to none, and great pool areas.

I always pay the upgrade fee for the Master Suite. You cannot go wrong with this room - the patio overlooking the sea is almost as big as the room. You get morning sun and can actually tan while being at your own room. The room itself is very large with a Jacuzzi tub, wonderful shower with multiple heads, and a massive duel-sink area. The king sized bed is very comfortable with great sheets/covers. There is a large flat screen TV to use in both the living room and bedroom.

The Spa is one of the best I have been to in the world. We only used the day passes ($85) to use the wet areas and the water ritual. We used it three times that day (you can go in and out). If you enjoy top-notch wet areas and water rituals you should not miss this (steam room, sauna, massage pools, mineral pools, spas, cold pool, walking path water ritual, clay room, ice room, the list goes on)!

The pools are great – heated, perfect temp but FULL of screaming kids. If you want peace and quiet this is not your place. The beach has also been nearly completely eroded since the last time I was there. At high tide there really isn’t even a beach.

The food is good but very much overpriced. We chose to eat out in Cancun for all of our meals except one lunch. A lunch by the pool for two with no drinks was $77.

The water at the hotel is not drinkable yet they do not provide you with bottled water. This is the only hotel I know of that does not provide free drinking water. They only offer $5 or $8 bottles of water at the mini-bar. This is insane and something the hotel needs to change. Either filter your water or provide your customers with potable drinking water like the rest of the hotels do. That is ridiculous.

Lastly – because of the size of the hotel, there is literally no service whatsoever. None.

So this is a solid 4 star hotel and perfect for families that like an active pool. The food is extremely expensive and I imagine the drinks are as well (we do not drink).

I will not return as I will chose an adult-only hotel next time for peace and quiet :-)

Room Tip: Pay the additional funds for the master suite - very well worth it