We traveled to Cancun right after Christmas 2012 and stayed for a week through New Years Eve. We traveled with our grown son and his wife as well as our two daughters in their early 20's.
Cancun was the perfect destination for our family vacation -- we spent some quiet days by the pool and on the beach intermixed with day trips to Mayan sites and local islands. There are lots of interesting restaurants and active night life for the "kids" and the hotel location is great -- within walking distance of many of the main attractions in Cancun.
The hotel was wonderful as our home base! The rooms are spacious mini suites with lovely decks overlooking the pools and the ocean. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are clean and well serviced by friendly and helpful housekeepers.
We started our days at the breakfast buffet with mimosas and a wide assortment of International food to choose from. Some of us couldn't get enough of the Mexican dishes while others ate our fill of ripe papaya and other fruit and pastries. The gracious women at the egg and Mexican stations impressed us each day with their warm greetings and their delicious preparations. It was a pleasure to sit outside on the sunlit patio and enjoy a leisurely brunch at the start of each day. The service throughout the hotel was very attentive and the staff always smiled and seemed genuinely happy to fulfill our requests quickly. On the beach and at the pool we experienced the same quality service -- towels brought to our chairs and drinks and food were plentiful.
The pool is beautiful and very large with enough different areas to suit every interest from volley ball to sitting at the bar to lounging under a fountain. The beach is magnificent (white soft sand and turquoise sea) and we were told that because it is on the northern end of town it is less windy and the surf is less rough than the beaches located on the east side of Cancun.
The concierge, Elisha, was very knowledgeable and helped us find a driver for the days when we wanted to explore. She also arranged tickets for night clubs and recommended restaurants outside the hotel. We made reservations for the big New Years Eve party in the hotel and had a great time. One of the large ballrooms was transformed into a Mayan temple with an entrance that lead through palm trees lining a path strewn with leaves. The food, entertainment, music and dancing were splendid and kept the party going until dawn when they served breakfast on the beach as the sun rose.
The management is obviously very attentive and hands on -- we met the manager at the New Years Eve party with his family and also saw him around the hotel at other times during our stay. His care and attention to detail set a standard of excellence that we do not always find in our travels. The hotel is beautifully maintained and the staff are well trained. There were always several doormen/bellhops at the door to greet us coming and going. Several times we were delighted to catch an unexpected performance of traditional Mexican music in the lobby while we were waiting for our party to gather for dinner.
We returned home refreshed and restored and relishing the pleasure of being well cared for in a beautiful setting. Everyone agrees we expect to return for another family vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico