“Great Environment, Restaurants & Service”

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #8 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Sao Paulo
“Great Environment, Restaurants & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in several hotels in Cancun... After a awful experience in the Krystal next door, I had such a pleasant surprise how different could be a hotel just across the street.

Very professional service, great room and exquisite building.

I strongly recommend this hotel. Even if it is pricier than other hotels in the region, you certainly will appreciate.

4 Thank renatobraun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is one of the hotels belonging to the Fiesta Americana chain of Mexican hotels. I've stayed in many of their hotels throughout the country and you can't really go wrong with any of them, but this one is a cut above all the rest. It is a five diamond hotel. That's right - five diamonds, not five star. Everything at this hotel is top notch. It's beautifully decorated and the amenities are fantastic. The breakfast buffet, which is included with the room, is vast and has great food. Service is first class. It is located right on the beach and has several swimming pools to choose from. It is also centrally located and is close to shopping and night life. This is the place I always go when I go to Cancun.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vern C
Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fantastic place to stay. A little pricey, but well worth the money. If you're looking for a great retreat with an incredible spa this is the place to come.

The only negative I could think of is the Cancun, Spring break atmosphere in close proximity to the hotel. But I guess that's just Cancun…

2 Thank endlessummer1
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

For a five star hotel, it's not bad. The pool and beach is just beautiful, wonderfully landscaped with amazing views from the oceanview suites. There are lots of swimming pools to choose from although the way the hotel is situated, they don't all get a great deal of sun. The beach is just outside the hotel and you'll find an impeccable white sand beach. Because we were here in January it was lovely with very few people, although I can imagine at full capacity it'd get very crowded.

The rooms were very spacious, two double beds and a sofa that sleeps two small people. Would defo recommend.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here during the week of New Year's with our 23 mo son. We were also traveling with extended family including grandparents, couples without children and one couple with a 5 and 1 year old. Everyone in our group had a great time! Some specific points of interest:

Rooms- We stayed on the 10th floor in the west tower and had a great view of the beach and pools. The bed was very comfortable. We requested a crib and received one however, the sides were so low that our son could easily climb out. One thing that made the room challenging for sleeping was the bathroom. The main area with the sink was open to the room. Inconvenient for using once the little one was asleep. The balcony was a nice feature!

Grand Club- This upgrade was definitely worth it for us! We ate breakfast here every morning and had snacks throughout the day. Breakfast was good. The offerings didn't vary much from day to day but there was a good variety (eggs, bacon, cereals, fruit). The "snacks" seemed on par with most Mexican all-inclusives that we have experienced. You can also get bottled water and soft drinks/beer/wine all day with cocktails served during the happy hour. Wi-fi for 6 devices was included as well. While we didn't take advantage of the gym access, others in our group did and said it was decent with a great view.

Pools- We only used the pool in front of the west tower. I felt that the pool was the best part of our stay! There are great shallow (2-3 inches deep maybe) ledges along the edges that were great for the little ones, even those that can only just sit up. The water spouts and fountains were a big hit too! The baby pool was nice and partially shaded most of the day. Actually, the only negative is that by mid afternoon, the pool was in the shade and it became a bit chilly to swim. The pool service was very good and the food and drinks were good too! I went each morning to reserve chairs for our group (8-10 chairs together) and found the staff very helpful and accommodating!

Beach- The sand was probably the softest I've ever felt! Many chairs to accommodate guests and service too! The water was not calm but once past the wave break it was easy to manage.

Service- Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and went out of their way to be of service. Yes, there can be language challenges if you don't speak Spanish but, I feel that is to be expected when in Mexico. We tipped at the Grand Club, the pool and our room attendants. While it wasn't expected, we felt it was well deserved and appreciated by the staff.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay and would consider returning in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Amanda G
alma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

THis is what I like...great service, great poolside service, and great drinks that are top shelf. And, it feels like your at a nice hotel. The décor is a grade up from a lot of places in Cancun. I would go so far as to compare it to an older Ritz, which is actually next to it here.

I didn't spend much time on the food here as I ventured off to local venues, however, this is a top notch place in my book.

The stretch of beach here is probably the best in Cancun, in my opinion. I've seen more than a few beaches and beach sections in the area.

I stay at both all inclusive and not all inclusives, and for the price here, you can stay in a nicer bed, nicer towels, get a nicer beach and views, and better cocktails (although not included)...and it's generally not as high per night as an all inclusive, so you can venture out to try local fare if that's what you like.

The beds are nicer than all the other places I've stayed around Cancun and the service is very good. The rooms are well appointed. The bathrooms nice and clean.

I didn't eat breakfast here, but did order lunch everyday by the pool. My personal favorite was chicken flautas, which were relatively reasonably priced. And my favorite first drink of the day around lunch time was a Michalita, not sure of the spelling, but it's basically a "margarita" style beer with spicy salt around the rim.

I will definitely come back here in the future. My stay was a few years ago.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!! You can't go wrong and they have them..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank kirosebud54
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here during a big event during Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel itself is great!! Awesome grounds and beach views. The staff was pretty helpful and spoke English well enough, no issues there. The hotel is a good location to the club zone, we walked out the hotel and walked a block or two.
My only issue is with the cleaning staff, they do a great job but don't respect your privacy when the do not disturb sign is on the door. I don't care what language it's in, it means the same thing. A couple times the person cleaning just opened my door without knocking or announcing.

I will WARN everyone to protect your valuables at any hotel in Cancun. My friend had his iPAD stolen while we were at this hotel. He checked out for the rest of his stay and came to stay in my room. Hotels can't control what their staff is doing when it comes to this type of activity with people coming in and out of your room. Other than that I would highly recommend this resort. Matter of fact I am booked again for this Memorial Wknd just in case I choose Cancun as my destination.
Price: We were under a group rate and only paid $149 a night for a double ocean view.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends