We stayed here during the week of New Year's with our 23 mo son. We were also traveling with extended family including grandparents, couples without children and one couple with a 5 and 1 year old. Everyone in our group had a great time! Some specific points of interest:
Rooms- We stayed on the 10th floor in the west tower and had a great view of the beach and pools. The bed was very comfortable. We requested a crib and received one however, the sides were so low that our son could easily climb out. One thing that made the room challenging for sleeping was the bathroom. The main area with the sink was open to the room. Inconvenient for using once the little one was asleep. The balcony was a nice feature!
Grand Club- This upgrade was definitely worth it for us! We ate breakfast here every morning and had snacks throughout the day. Breakfast was good. The offerings didn't vary much from day to day but there was a good variety (eggs, bacon, cereals, fruit). The "snacks" seemed on par with most Mexican all-inclusives that we have experienced. You can also get bottled water and soft drinks/beer/wine all day with cocktails served during the happy hour. Wi-fi for 6 devices was included as well. While we didn't take advantage of the gym access, others in our group did and said it was decent with a great view.
Pools- We only used the pool in front of the west tower. I felt that the pool was the best part of our stay! There are great shallow (2-3 inches deep maybe) ledges along the edges that were great for the little ones, even those that can only just sit up. The water spouts and fountains were a big hit too! The baby pool was nice and partially shaded most of the day. Actually, the only negative is that by mid afternoon, the pool was in the shade and it became a bit chilly to swim. The pool service was very good and the food and drinks were good too! I went each morning to reserve chairs for our group (8-10 chairs together) and found the staff very helpful and accommodating!
Beach- The sand was probably the softest I've ever felt! Many chairs to accommodate guests and service too! The water was not calm but once past the wave break it was easy to manage.
Service- Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and went out of their way to be of service. Yes, there can be language challenges if you don't speak Spanish but, I feel that is to be expected when in Mexico. We tipped at the Grand Club, the pool and our room attendants. While it wasn't expected, we felt it was well deserved and appreciated by the staff.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay and would consider returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico