We spent here 2 weeks from 25th of Dec 2012 till 8th of Jan 2013 with 2 children (2 and 9 years old). Could't wait to share the experience!
Ok stay, but felt a real shame that the management is using great location and beach to compensate for many other flaws.
Have to be fair, beach and restaurant staff is trying really hard to please the guests.
But, food choice and quality is very poor which is a shame as Mexico has such a great culinary heritage and you would expect Fiesta to share that with guests. Some of the room service Mexican dishes were worse that in any low cost convenience store....but they charge you like first class restaurant for that. One of the restaurants on the beach was ok, they had a selection of fresh fish, that cook did not seem to know what to do with it, but fry fry fry.....yak. Also, very limited selection of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Rooms are ok, but NOT five star hotel. We later found out that even though they renovated in 2010, not all the rooms got upgraded. We stayed in the East tower, which still has 20 years ago feel with many plugs broken. We had two interconnecting rooms, good size but definitely needing renovation. Housekeeping was ok but very irregular and late the same is for turndown service. Quality is very inconsistent.
Kids club is almost non existent. Consists of tiny room with several tables, variety of activities is very limited and boring. There is one big playroom which is useful, but you have to be there with the kids and it gets boring after a while.
We stayed over Christmas and New Year and were surprised with total luck of Holiday embiance. Of course they had holiday decorations and you had to book New Year eve dinner, but the whole hotel felt like goast town.....thanks to JW Marriott that we escaped to feel the celebratory atmosphere!
Concierge service is very basic, staff was pleasant but scared of your questions which shows luck of training, definitely not 5 star.
Transportation is very disappointing. Hotel doesn't have its own cars. Taxi is ok to get around the area, but when we asked for a nice car to go to Xcaret we got worn down van without sit belts and had to pay transport consierge $100 just to find as car and he refused to put it to the room charge, obviously everything went to his pocket, which would be ok if we got the service that we asked for! Total disappointment!
Overall feel a little cheated, and sorry as this hotel could be a real pearl and has all the ingredients (location, beach, size, hard working staff) to be 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, BookIt.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico