3 people have started booking this hotel
$517
Free cancellation until 12/19/21
$517
Free cancellation until 12/19/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$375
Hotels.com$517
Travelocity$517
getaroom.com$615
13,951 results
All reviews fish tacos san telmo el mexicano moon tower chef josue kambu restaurant juan jose tuna tower upper pool lobby bar ocean front sushi garden view master suite michael jackson show fire show our waiter
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Once again, the FACC did not disappoint us during our recent stay in Cancun. The hotel is currently undergoing remodeling and some may find the noise level a tad unnerving. I did not. Even when we were using the upper infinity pool. I'm excited to see what the rooms will look like when the remodeling is done in November.

Since we try to visit during the off season (end of August into Sept), the FACC was on the quiet side and didn't have a ton of visitors. The pools were never crowded and lounge chairs were always available. All the pools are well maintained. A special thank you to Claudia & Diego our pool servers. They kept both the food (fish tacos) & drinks flowing. When down on the beach, Neiser (the beach bartender) kept us laughing so much our stomachs hurt. The beach area is so well maintained. The plows are out every morning "tilling" the kelp. The undercurrent is pretty strong for those of you that are not good swimmers. But the beach area is one of the best areas I have been to while vacationing. White sandy beaches, no pebbles or rocks and the most gorgeous water. August & September are the months that the sea turtles come ashore and lay their eggs. The FACC has a really nice conservation program and they do their best to remove the eggs and place them in a secure environment until the babies hatch. If you are lucky enough, you can participate in releasing the babies back to the sea. This is done at nighttime so that there are less predators and/or people around to be a nuisance.

The FACC has plenty of eating establishments on it's premises. I have stayed at this hotel at many different times of the year, however; since we like the off season time the most, you really have to get the weekly activity schedule to see when the restaurants are open or closed. The Kalmia (the buffet) was closed completely after breakfast one day and remained closed the entire next day. There are plenty of other eating choices but I did feel like the buffet should have been opened every day only because it "is a buffet." The Rosoto once again met all our expectations. We were in Cancun to celebrate a birthday and a wedding anniversary. Yes, the FACC is an all inclusive, but be aware that if you want a special dinner (like lobster tail) there is an additional cost. But, well worth it. Also be aware that the FACC does not accept U.S. dollars so make sure you have a credit card. ***The wait staff is more than happy to take U.S. dollars for tips*** (So make sure you tip!) A special thank you to Pilar, Francisco, Manuel & Jaime for their smiling, happy customer service. It is because of people like this that we keep coming back to the FACC. I will also note at this time that only one restaurant (San Telmo) requires a one day reservation. The others do not. There are varying dress codes so check out the FACC website for those. (The Rosoto requires of men: a shirt with collar, pants like Dockers & closed toe shoes. Tennis shoes are okay. The Kabu, after 5pm does not allow tank tops etc..)

Now, on to the rooms....The rooms are always immaculate and airy. The mini fridge is always stocked with the appropriate 4/4/4 (sodas, water, beer) on a daily basis. If you want more than the allotted 4, there is an additional cost. But, all you need to do in that situation is walk your fanny down to the lobby and get your drinks free. Normally, you will be greeted with a colorful rice display (welcome) in your room along with some fruit/desserts and maybe even a swan heart display made from towels. This time we were not greeted with any displays. Kind of sad, but we didn't let it damper our stay. I like the fact that the floors are tile because it does cut down on mold/mildew and allergens, but it can be slippery so utilize the room slippers that are given to you. Of course, the normal review of the bathrooms being so small and the tub/shower needing a step ladder to get into it. I can't wait to see the remodeled rooms and if this aspect of the rooms have been improved upon. Anyone with any type of handicap would not find the existing bathrooms accessible. As far as location of rooms goes, I find that a garden view, a lagoon view or an ocean view is just as acceptable. I prefer rooms on the 5th floor or higher just because the views are not obscured by the palm trees. Not all rooms have walk out balconies. Some just have windows and others have a mini balcony (that you cannot sit on). But heck...we weren't in our room very much so what does it matter. Room service is awesome and willing to work with you if you would like something special. (Thanks Reynaldo)

Now it is true that the FACC is not a full blown entertainment venue. They do have nightly shows that aren't too bad. For families with kids, they do have a nice child care center. But, you are in Cancun to experience the culture. So get out and about. There are great activities all along the hotel zone (speed boats, wave runners, swim w/ dolphins, snorkeling, parasailing & shopping). Forget the taxis and take the city bus. For $1 they go all over the place. Just tell the driver where you would like to go and he will let you know when to get off the bus. For a ripoff $35 taxi ride to Market 28 on our 1st visit to a $1 bus ride on our 2nd visit, it made it all the more fun to ride the bus with the locals.

As I end this review of the FACC, I would not do my readers justice if I didn't mention the fact that upon your arrival, you will get approached by the time share sales people. They will tell you it is not for a time share but to become "part of the FACC family." If you don't mind sitting for 2 hours for a hard core sales pitch, then by all means, go ahead and fall for the discounted massages, free beach front romantic dinner or free bottle of cologne. Otherwise...be strong and just tell them NO, not interested.

Room tip: better views 5th floor or higher. Not all rooms have balconies.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank cantoosing
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I did not stay at this hotel even though I had reservations. The room was booked through a travel agency that went bankrupt . When I found this out I called FA and was assured our reservation was booked but we would have to pay for room again. I fully understood this and was relieved that we had reservations since it was at a good rate. I asked the FA rep to send me a confirmation by email which he agreed to do. After a week I had not received confirmation so I called FA back. The employee then told me that my reservation had been cancelled and if I wanted the same room I would have to pay an additional $500 or he could book a garden room at the same price ! He also said they had 75 rooms available so that was not an issue. I am very disappointed that FA refused to honor the original reservation considering the situation. I was not asking for anything free but felt like the agent was jerking me around and was perhaps lying about the cancellation just to sell me the same room at an inflated price. This review has nothing to do with the hotel experience so I apologize to any reader who thought it did. I think it does speak to the general attitude toward tourists in general and volumes about how this company will treat anyone who has a problem. I also feel very sorry for those other people who may show up only to find that their room reservation is non-existent. BTW I did book another hotel so FA has not only lost this business but any future business at least from me.

Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank stokjoc
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

It is my deepest regret to read that you went through so many inconveniences to make your reservations; I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests and in order to do so we focus on following the highest standards of quality and service.
Please make sure you contact us with any additional comments you may have, your feedback is our best source of guidance when implementing strategies aimed to gain our guests complete satisfaction. I remain at your service.

Reviewed September 8, 2016

This resort has provided us with the most superb service over the years. Every time we visit, which was brought to our attention last trip, that we have visited many, many times over the years, the experience is the best. We can say this since we have also visited multiple other cities in Mexico, with hotels of this caliper.

Over the years we have become good friends with some of the staff in the resort, it is so nice to return and see those familiar smiling faces. We met a variety of new staff members, this past trip, and have nothing but the best to say about their hospitality. Your staff, across the board, is the best we have experienced.

Even though the resort was under remodeling construction during our stay, August 25-August 30, we did not find it intrusive to our stay, there were minor inconveniences that the staff was prepared to accommodate any request. Construction is a good thing, just think about next spring when it is all completed how gorgeous it will be.

We would like to thank personally the following people for their past, present, and future hospitality and friendship. Great job!!!

Carlos Garcia Sanchez
Fernanda Mendez Chagoya
Heraclio Gutierrez
Claudia Cruz
Claudia Cordova
Rodolfo
Henry

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for a fantastic vacation, once again, see you next year, with the family!!!!

Jenkins/Esquibel Family

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

At Fiesta Americana Condesa it is always a pleasure to welcome back our dear guests and have an opportunity to make every stay even more enjoyable than the previous one. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. Carlos, Fernanda, Heraclio, Claudia, Caludia Cordova, Rodolfo and Henry will be very happy to read your comments, it is always a marvellous incentive to know that your efforts are being noticed.
Thank you for your loyalty, we are looking forward to welcome you back to your home away from home and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Warm Greetings,

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

We got married June 10th and am so very happy we chose Fiesta!!...We planned our wedding there with friends and family and even though it was all done by phone and email...the staff could not have made it any better!!!...Chef Josue made sure our food was perfect every time....Angel kept our drinks fresh and full all the time..JJ in the breakfast buffet started every day with a laugh and a smile...Carlos made sure all of our dining needs were perfect!!...Any little problem was handled by Fabrizio I'm a quick and professional manner....Yarid made sure our wedding went off without any problems....wish I would have had more confidence to begin with....rooms were always clean...kept us very well stocked in drinks......the food was the best I have ever had.....the only problem was that they have spoiled all other hotels for us in the future.....they truly made us feel like celebrity's....we plan on going back for our anniversary..our friends are getting married then.......my boss is planning her family reunion there next year....I recommend this resort to EVERYONE!!!!..

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank irma0592

On behalf of all the staff at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, allow me to thank you for having chosen us for such a special occasion. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you.
Thank you again for your kind words. I am certain that Chef Josue, Juan Jose, Carlos, Fabrizzio and Yarid will be very excited to see that they played such a great part in making your wedding extra special.
We look forward to having the honor of being your host on your 1st wedding anniversary.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

From the first step off the shuttle we were met by the most genuine, happy, smiling workers. Check in was quick and our room was absolutely wonderful. Waiting for our 5 yo granddaughter on the bed was a beautiful colorful rice picture welcoming us. That was only the beginning.....We had the pleasure of meeting many of the hotel staff during our week , so many in fact, we cant remember most of their names. As this was our second time this year visiting the resort, quite a few employees remembered us.
From sunrise to sunset and beyond we played in the pool, on the beach and explored the resorts beautiful grounds and of course ate more then we should have at all the restaurant's inside the resort..
A very special thanks to the amazing girls in the kids club for letting our granddaughter spend fun filled hours with you , Liz Varela and Consuelo Martinez for making us smile whenever we bumped into you. Fabrizio Montemurro for answering all of my questions and Diego Primo for making sure we were part of the most amazing event (sea turtles) and everything else. We cant thank you all enough for making this stay more memorable then the last. Excited about planning on our next trip in February and seeing the updates you've completed in the resort. It was beautiful before, we're sure it will be exquisite.
This hotel is the most family friendly place we've found. We will be repeat customers for years to come.
Gracias y nos vemos pronto.

Caitlin, Steve & Lori
New York

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank lori_mcilroy