“Pretty decent!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ozone Park, New York
“Pretty decent!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stood at this resourt for a total of 4 night, the food is good, the entertainment was nice like the nights shows and the mariachis playing at some resturants, the rooms I wasnt overall happy with because they were on the smaller size & we have seen so much better but its definitaly a good getaway trip.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,777)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Coast
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family was here just earlier this month for a week-long vacation. We loved the resort. Here is a list of what plus and minuses, and yes the pluses outweighed the minuses:

We love:

- The beach. The sand was super soft and clean and the water so clear and cool (not too warm, not too cold). We all spent so much time swimming in the ocean every day.
- The resort's grounds are beautiful and well-designed. The pools were nice and there were plenty of chairs and towels for everyone.
- The food. We tried all the restaurants. The food overall was delicious and fresh, especially the papayas - my favorite fruits!
- The staff. Everyone was soooo nice and friendly. Especially the servers and front-desk folks. We had to call room service in the middle of the night and the staff was so accommodating and didn't seem to mind at all.
- The oceanfront rooms. We splurged and upgraded to oceanfront rooms. Totally worth it! I figured if we traveled this far to be here, it would be nice to see the ocean outside our balcony. And it was!
- Romantic dinner settings on the beach. So lovely! If you want one, ask the staff to set it up for you. With candle lights and all!
- The spa. My parents and brother/sister had massages there. Everyone loved it! The spa was lovely and very zen. The service wonderful.
- Fiesta Kids Club. Great for little ones. My nephews spent lots of time there each day.

Things we hope would improve:

- More umbrellas on the grounds by pool and beach areas. There were plenty of umbrellas but still not enough to accommodate everyone. It's so hot in Cancun so more umbrellas would be great.
- The bathrooms. They're a bit old, outdated and small. Though very clean.
- More shows/events at night. Each night, there was something going on yes. But not a lot of choices. There were nights we all wished there's something we could do after dinner, but there was nothing going on other than hanging out at the bars and watching music videos.
- A quiet lounge for those of us who need a place to read our books.
- Movie theater. It would be great if there's a theater that shows a nightly film. Well, I'm a film buff so that's always on top of my list. :)
- Complimentary shuttle service to a few major attractions in town would be great, such as to the downtown market or mall, etc. We took cabs and buses when we wanted to venture outside of the resort. With my parents being in their 70s, it was a bit taxing for them. The bus driver dropped us off at the wrong stop and we had to walk quite a way to get to where we wanted to go.

All in all, my family had a wonderful time here at the resort and would definitely recommend it to our friends and family!

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront rooms! Period.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank sarahdippity
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at Fiesta Americana Condesa. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and that you were pleased with the service we provided and the quality and variety of the restaurants.

We are always aiming to reach the highest standards and keep improving every day, which is why your feedback is so valuable to us. With your comments in mind, we can focus on the areas that will help us maintain our constant improvement strategies and exceed our guests expectations.

Feel free to contact us the next time you plan to visit, we will be more than happy to assist you with any pre-arrival arrangements.

Litchfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our second trip in 2 years to Fiesta Americana Condesa. This time, we brought my sister and her husband. I hope to go back next year and bring all 6 of my brothers and sisters and their spouses. That's how much I love this resort! This property does not have a chance to show any wear, as they are doing maintenance every single day to keep things looking fresh. They have several amazing restaurants, not to mention they had a cook out each and every evening by the pool, serving ribeye steaks every day! They also offered salmon one day and grilled chicken every day. By the 4th day we ate in the buffet (also excellent) because we were getting tired of steak : ) They prepared fresh sizzling shrimp fajitas for us in the buffet, and flamed them right at our table. We had a room on the 7th floor in the moon tower, and even though we didn't pay for the upgrade to ocean view, we had an amazing view of the beach AND the lagoon from our balcony. We got a room with two doubles, but they pushed them together for us to make an over-sized king--at it was perfect. We didn't want to give up our amazing view to get a king. The staff are amazing, friendly, so energetic. They work so hard for you--and tipping is never expected. But a few dollars means much more to them than it does to you. But trust me, your service will be exceptional whether you tip or not. Another thing I love about this resort is how small it is. Everything is close by, just a few steps to the pool, the beach or any of their amazing restaurants or bars. I cannot say enough good things about this resort! Thank you Fiesta Americana Condesa for another great vacation!

Room Tip: Seventh floor garden view is really awesome. And if you walk down your hall towards the beach, ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisAndBub
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is very rewarding to read that you have had such positive experiences with us in the past that they motivate you to come back, every time accompanied by your family members. Our main goal is to exceed our guests expectations, and to keep improving our service so they can keep bringing memorable experiences home like it was their first time.

It is very motivating to read comments like yours and we will be very honored to be your hosts in the future. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit so we can assist you with any pre-arrival arrangements.

Warm Greetings,

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Let me first give you my background...

I have been coming to Cancun for 8 years running... I have been to 5 different resorts, but I have been to FACC three times.
I had my wedding here on the beach in September last year with 56 friends and relatives tagging along (a LOT of feedback, 95% positive).... and now I just got back this past Saturday after a week’s long stay.

It’s funny reading some of these negative reviews.... I cant help but chuckle when they complain. I see them at the resorts all the time. You can always tell 'those people'. They are bitter before they walked in the door.

Its vacation people! Take it easy and don't sweat the small stuff!

- Yes the WIFI is terrible (but free)

- Yes the rooms are tired and need updating (but sufficient)

- Yes the AC would not go lower than 23 degrees Celsius (when I set it at 19), but its 105F outside... (Use the ceiling fan and all problems are solved...we were freezing when we did that)

- Yes the bathrooms are small, but I don’t know about you... but all I do in there is pee and shower, so I don’t need a ton of space.
I’m never in the room so it doesn’t bother me.

When ignoring the facade of this tired building, and focusing on the real important things- people and food- Condesa excels like any of the top 5 resorts... and then some!

From Armando, Rodolfo and Jose in the lobby bar firing out drinks and barely getting any gratitude, to Olivero handing out towels in the hot sun, to Alan at the tapas bar humbly standing all night waiting to smile at the next person who would like a Manchego Cheese platter.... these guys move and shake!

The Italian restaurant is incredible. The entrees are similar to a $20 a plate restaurant in the states.
The Asian is also great. There are many options, including sushi for anti-fish people.

The Mexican is tasty. Ask for the rib eye tacos. They’re not on the menu, but if you not a curmudgeon and ask nicely, they’ll give them to you.

But what they are really famous for is the Cevicheria by the beach... tasty treats from Pescadillas to sea scallops.

Just go there and see for yourself. This resort has the most generous, funny, humble employees of any resort we have stayed at.
Always looking to accommodate, but never assuming a tip. We personally tip about $10-15 a day. We bring 100 singles and use them all... and we bring several 5s for exceptional service.

The money they make in 1 day is what a lot of Americans make in 1 hour... plus they work harder than 90% of us... if you've been there, your nodding your head right now agreeing with me :)

I digress...

I just wanted to set the record straight . . . this hotel deserves to be in the top 10 of 170+ resorts in Cancun, and it barely breaks the bank compared to the others in the top 10.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: buy the garden view and ask for an ocean view when you get there. if they have it, they'll just...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
12 Thank jeremyT309
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which will help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements

Regards,

Pilar Tapia,
Concord, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I traveled with his sister and her husband to the Fiesta American Condessa earlier this year. This was our 2nd time to the FA and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. From our check-in to our departure, everyone was very friendly and went above and beyond to make our trip special. Upon arrival, both couples upgraded to an ocean front suite. Sure, there was an additional cost however it was well worth the price. We were offered many options and were able to view rooms prior to making a final decision. Understanding that you spend most of your trip outdoors, it is nice to retire to a clean comfortable room in the evening, enjoy the balcony and in the morning, if one of you are an early riser, you can enjoy coffee, catching up on the news, etc. without worrying about waking the other person. Another nice thing is if you have a little too much sun and wish to relax, you can order room service right to your room.

The overall resort is very clean, there is someone cleaning or doing maintenance at all times. Our rooms were clean and neat, furnishings were not dated. Plenty of storage and the mini-fridge is always stocked.

During the day, there are many activities to keep you busy if you wish. Bingo, water, aerobics, dance contests and beach or water volleyball. The entertainment staff is very friendly and keeps people of all ages involved. The FA has wonderful evening shows; our favorite one was a remake of the Cirque du Soleil. The body contortionists were amazing!! The Michael Jackson show was a lot of fun as well.
We were celebrating our anniversary and to our surprise, we came back from a show and had a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room! Before coming on this trip, we joined the Fiesta Rewards Club (free to join, like a loyalty card). When you register, they ask for your birthday. Later in the week, I was surprised to find fresh flowers, another bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries again in our room, special for my birthday. We really felt spoiled. Every day by the front desk they have a daily newsletter which includes information about activities, weather and people celebrating special days. Very nice touch!
Finally, I cannot say enough about the food, drinks and service. Keep in mind how many people with different nationalities they are feeding each day. There is a good variety, you can eat inside or out, during the day they bring out a grill poolside with a different theme each day. Our favorite is the fish tacos and Ceviche served poolside or the chicken wings from the grill next to the pool bar.
Our waiter during the day poolside and then ocean side was Jose Cazique. He was our waiter a few years ago when we visited FA. He remembered us from the previous trip and treated us like kings and queens. My husband loves the chicken wings they serve and we were trying to guess the spices used. Jose had Rayli Canul come out to us poolside and give us the recipe. They use a special spice which Jose bought for us from the local market. On our last day, Jose told us he had a special lunch for us and brought out Chef Josue Baas with a fresh medley of seafood in a huge scallop shell! The service we received was outstanding.

We can’t wait to return to the FA and our friends we made while there. Thank you for such a great time!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Diane D
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel has a great setting on the beach like all the other hotels in Cancun, but we were fortunate enough to be on the top floor with an ocean view. This view of the ocean in the morning and evenings was very relaxing. The food at the various restaurants was good and the service very helpful. We were there during some of the World Cup games so there was an extra excitement watching the games broadcast in Spanish amongst a lot of true fans. Overall, very relaxing and we were totally satisfied.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scalarnet
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and for mentioning so many positive elements you have experienced in Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our personalized service, delicious food and entertainment activities.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Breese, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2014

LOVED this resort! The Fiesta Americana met all our expectations.....GREAT service, BEAUTIFUL beach, SUPER-FUN pools w/ great activities offered daily, and DELICIOUS food ( the Italian restaurant was our top pick) and drinks (Electric Lemonade & Purple Rain were a couple of our favorites). HIGHLY recommend this resort!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends