Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
$337
$330
$817
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
Bookit.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$463
$343
Agoda.com
8,909 results
All reviewsfish tacosel mexicanojuan josemoon towersan telmoitalian restaurantchef josuetuna towerlobby barceviche barupper poolocean frontgarden viewmaster suitemichael jackson showsushiother resorts
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I hope this gets posted and I know its lengthy but be assured its the truth and worth the read, I wish I had paid attention to the reviews before I booked.

Cons: This hotel is NOT a good value. It is way over priced!

Now first off, I must explain that I travel A LOT (11 cruises and many other vacations) and I am not very picky however, some of the previous reviews of this hotel were right on point:

1) The in room refrigerator comes with 1 diet coke, 2 cokes, 1 7UP 2 waters and 2 beers, if you order or have the maid give you more in a one day period you will PAY, I repeat PAY additional for it even though you pay thousands (around $4000.00 for 5 (2 were kids under 12)) of dollars in all-inclusive fee's!!

2) All bars by the pool area closed by 6 PM and you have to go inside to get drinks. The staff served "private party's but not the average guest. We were refused drink service many times.

3) The hotel hosts a number of special functions or should I say "private functions" outside near the pool area in the evenings, but while we were there for 5 nights, nothing for the other guests.

4) ALL and I do mean ALL poolside or beach side unbrella or shade areas are reserved with towels, books, lotions etc. by 7 am which I found very odd because towel service did not begin until 8 am. You literally could not get a covered area if you were not out and about before 7 #I am on vacation, not at work so why would I want to get up by 7 am?# an believe me for those who say or think you don't need shade, being in the Mexico sun for hours on end you will want shade eventually. I honestly believe that some of the staff were paid to reserve chairs as some of the reserved chairs never had people all day. We had to take turns getting up early to attempt to reserve out own spots.

5) When we checked in the staff said they could not accomodate our request for two rooms side by side because they were "very busy" even though I called 3 weeks in advance.

6) One of the rooms upon check-in smelled HORRIBLE; moldy, musty etc. So much so, we had to complain. They were very good about responding however, and thirty minutes later they did have it smelling better. The rooms were AVERAGE at best but accomodating.

Pros:
1) The beaches are absolutely beautiful but it is Cancun afterall and I have never been disappointed in the beach #been going since 2006#.

2) The staff, although a bit unfriendly #I believe because of the language barrier--but then again, I don't know Spanish so I certainly don't expect them to know mine# are very hardworking. There were a handful of those who went out of their way and we did tip a few dollars here and there regularly.

3) Average for kids, not much for them to do in the evenings. Ours were 9 and 11.

4) Easy to venture out to the shopping mall just down the street #hop on the bus for a dollar and its only about 10 min away#.

Overall, it was a good stay, but I will not be returning to this particular hotel. I have stayed at the former Cancun Palace twice, which is now the Hard Rock Palace, and if it were not booked, for the money spent, I would have stayed there. I have also stayed at the Westin Cancun which was fabulous, but not all-inclusive and we prefer all-inclusiv

Room Tip: You get what they give you, we even gave a good tip to our front desk person, but they would not put us side by side (we had small kids who wanted to be close together) even though I called and requested 3 weeks in advance. Think of oceanview as a u shape, if you are not on the ends which are the suites (?) you are looking at a side view. If you are on floor 2 (which is actually the first floor) near the front, you see the ocean in the horizon you end up looking directly out at the pool.
7  Thank Janet23434
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I was deeply sorry to read that you were so dissatisfied with the quality of our resort. One of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with quality on the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to your expectations.

I can assure you that every constructive criticism you’ve shared with us has been taken very seriously by our team in order to keep standards, expected by our guests on the highest level, ensuring your satisfaction.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your stay with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Pilar Tapia

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was there for easter wekkend. my experience start is not good, we got in the hotel on time, get in line to get the room at that point was 3:10 i the afternoon, this lady said the room is not ready it will be 40 minutes for you to be able to get in, so we said ok, waited for an hour, my husband go to the counter the same lady give him a key so we proceed to the room, when we got the the maid just got there the room was thirty, with cans all over the place, we when back down thw lobby to talk to this same person wich on this time was very rude, is was like I don't want to deal with you.
That was a very negative action, everything else is great food, drinks people. but this damage my whole trip. my recomendation is please have more friendly people for check in please.

Room Tip: get up,early to get a good spot in front of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hery G
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Prior to my trip from April 11-18, I read quite a few reviews that downright scared me! However, when my family arrived at the roomy hotel, I quickly realized that I had nothing to worry about (Thank Goodness). Customer service from the time my foot hit the pavement at the hotel was attentive & friendly. Check in was quick. Like many resorts, however, there were vacation club staff waiting in the wings to make a sales pitch, but Alexa was really understanding when we told her that we were not interested in scheduling any meetings and tours during our family holiday time...and that was it.

Room 512 was clean ( a little muggy at night), but what do you expect from a room that is just a stones throw from the beauty of the ocean and beach. The rooms may seem a little dated, but they are maintained well. Throughout our stay, the building was constantly being painted or decorated-lawn manicured and sidewalk pavement replaced.

The pools are beautiful (drives me a little nutty that people save chairs and don't use them). Not only are the pools cleaned in the very early morning hours, but also throughout the day if needed. The staff at the swim up bar is patient and attentive and they know how to make a great drink! Nemias was so nice from the first day. If you see him with a Trip Advisor pin on his crisp white shirt, he earned it from my family, for his consistently fantastic customer service. Try one of the many cocktails that he makes; my favorite now being the Clementina.

Food was a little monotonous after the second day, BUT go to the Italian restaurant and the poolside ceviche bar for some of the best offerings! Skip Kalmia for breakfast and instead eat in the open air restaurant Kambu where it is less crowded and service is more focused. Then GET OFF RESORT to eat at several of the restaurants that are in walking distance from the hotel. Concierge can assist with reservations if necessary.

Don't miss the Thursday evening Michael Jackson tribute show. It is worth staying close to the resort for this 45min family friendly show. But seriously, the resort has some of the better nightly entertainment for its guests, including the Rock and Roll Circus and the 70s-90s show.

So really? It's Cancun and Fiesta Americana Condessa is one of the long standing hotels on the strip, that honestly prides itself in keeping its customers happy. So relax. If you're scheduled to stay here, you've made a good choice!

Room Tip: If you choose a beachfront room, you may have some humidity in the room at night. Keep a closet door ajar since there is an intake vent inside. We found this to be helpful to relieve some of the mugginess.
6  Thank Bea J
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. We are constantly looking for improvement and I thank you for helping us to see the areas where it's needed the most to ensure our guests´ satisfaction. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Best regards,
Pilar Tapia

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My daughter and I traveled here for spring break 2014. The hotel was beautiful and well maintained. The pool and beach area were fabulous and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food and restaurants were good. The only complaint was that 2 of our days there we didn't have hot water. We enjoyed our stay and would go back.

1  Thank EM1996
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just returned after a week with 3 moms and 5 high school senior girls! We had a blast! The facility was kept clean, the staff (especially Sarahi was superb!) Everyone was very responsive to our needs and answered all of our questions. There is lots going on each day at the pool and plenty going on at night around the resort. Beautiful beaches, plenty of chairs on the beach, plenty of people to watch, but not crowded. Go early to the pool if you want a chair there and guard your seats in the early hours. We would highly recommend this all-inclusive resort, it's worth the money!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get the view you want!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends