“guest service is off the charts”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas
“guest service is off the charts”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is an older property, I'm guessing about 50 or so years old. It does show some signs of age, but they appear to be constantly working on updating and upkeeping the buildings.

From check-in to check-out, service was phenomenal. I have worked in hospitality for 40 years, and I would kill to get a staff that shows so much care toward meting and exceeding guest expectations.

Food offerings were great. I wasn't in love with the buffet for dinner, but bear in mind that I'm from Las Vegas and pretty jaded on buffets. The restaurants are fantastic, and unlike other resorts, you don't have to go get in line at 6 AM to make reservations for the evening. Just show up and you'll either be seated right away if it's before 6 or so, or be handed a beeper. you can then go do whatever you want to do on property while waiting for your table.....have drinks, sit by the pool, people-watch.

One person noted in a review that they had been to the restaurant by 6 and waited 2 hours......I was there the same week as them, and we had no such experience. As a party of 6, we only had to wait for a long period our first night there, and that was because it was 8 by them time we all got together for dinner. Every other night, we waited no longer than 20-30 minutes. The Asian restaurant was our favorite for dinner, with he Italian a close second. We enjoyed the Mexican, too. The Mexican night out at the pool was great in both food and entertainment.

A well-kept secret is that the Asian restaurant hosts a Tex-Mex lunch menu during lunch hours. Between that and the Cevicheria, you really don't need to use the buffet except for breakfast. Breakfast buffet is nice, with enough different offerings that we didn't get bored over 7 mornings. The Asian restaurant also hosts breakfast buffet if you want a little more ambiance, but I found the egg cooks to be more skilled in the proper buffet. Also, while the Italian restaurant prohibits young children after 7, they worked really hard to get us in and were accommodating, even though it was clear our dinner would have us there beyond 7. Our 5 year old behaved better than many adults had the first time we had dined (screaming across the room from one table to the other so that no one else could have a nice conversation).....that and the fact that we tip for great service probably got us a pass on the rule.

Their tap beer is XX and it is very good. You can also find canned XX in various temporary service bars, room service, and your mini fridge. The alternative canned beer is Sol, which I also found acceptable.

We paid for an upgraded room and were very happy with our view. We did have to ask to move from our original upgraded room, which had no view, but they did so cheerfully.

While there are plenty of beach chairs available if you want to sun, I would recommend getting up early to claim one of the palapas for some shade.

Don't pay attention to the elitists. I've been in the resort industry for a long time, and as far as service and staff/guest interaction, I would stand this property up against just about any.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade. Try to get the Moon Tower. Don't be afraid to approach the desk if you do...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank QuietLasVegan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,777)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was our first trip to Cancun and it was perfect! The resort is beautiful, warm and welcoming. You are greeted with a smile and of course a drink! After we got over our room issues (which they were great about) we were in paradise.
Our first meal we were greeted by Francisco who made THE best margaritas!!! He was wonderful, every time we saw him throughout the week he recommended where to eat and what to do.
We frequented the lobby bar every night and Carlos and Juan were funny and on top of it. Our drink would be almost gone and there was another on there for us. I was unsure what I wanted to drink, so they would make me all the different frozen drinks:-)
We highly recommend going to CoCoBongo with the group. It was a crazy fun time. The event leader did a great job!!!
We did go snorkeling and our guide was awesome. We even got to see a sea turtle! Beautiful water and fish!
The food was great, views were amazing and breath taking. This was a great relaxing and rejuvenating trip for both of us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amanda w
Frisco
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the FA Condessa. The service was amazing whether you tipped or not. In fact, i wish I had brought more cash so that I could have given better tips, they were certainly deserved. The restaurants had great quality food especially the Cevicheria, El Mexicano, and Kambu Asian (dinner only). My kids loved the Coffee/Pastry restaurant. They got Frappacinos, cinnamon rolls, and ice cream all day long. The beach was clean and beautiful. We loved that this was a smaller resort because the kids could find their way around (9-12 years old). There are not many activties for the kids and kids/teen Club is a small space with just a pool table, Xbox, and WII. However, my kids enjoyed hanging out with Cesar who was on duty on the Teen side. The pool area was fun and relaxing, the noise level never got obnoxious like they do at some resorts. Each day they had either the chefs or bartenders come out and they had samples of food and drinks. It is true that the rooms are small and outdated. However, my oceanfront view made up for it and I we slept great. The Hotel itself could use a paint job but it was clean and airy. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to those who prefer a relaxing, smaller property with quality service and food.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have the best views. They are in the middle/center building facing the ocean direc...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank LottoQn
Fontana, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My family and I came to Cancun for our first time and this is where we booked our stay. I don't know where to begin because everything about this resort exceeded our expectations to the max. The staff is amazing! They are very warm and welcoming and try their best to make sure that you are always happy and feel right at home. There was never a dull moment with our stay. We checked in on the 12th of march and checked out on the 16. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome. When they gave us our room they reminded us that we are in an All -inclusive resort and all that we would have to do is kick back,relax and enjoy our stay. The room we got had a beautiful view of the whole resort and the beach! With that being said, they right away asked if we would like anything to drink, and my 7 year old son right away said HORCHATA! they said that they will deliver the drink for my son when we walk into our room. They didn't just bring him the drink, but they brought him a whole pitcher of horchata! He was one happy kid!! Throughout our stay we enjoyed many of their food options and buffets! There was not one thing that we didn't like, everything was delicious! We tried their Mexican restaurant, delicious! we ate so much at their Cevicheria while hanging out by the pool, going to the beach, and coming back! Their breakfast buffet has so much variety, and they have the best french toast hands down!!

If you're looking for a place to stay, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you book your stay here! My family and I loved this resort so much, we didn't want to leave! We will definitely be coming back here without a doubt!

Thank you so much to everyone here at this amazing resort for really taking care of my family during our first trip to Cancun!

-Elbhwashi Family

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Ana Lorena G
Frewsburg, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We just returned from a 7 day stay at Fiesta Americana, It was an absolute perfect vacation. Every person on the staff gave us superior service, we are definitely looking forward to coming back next year. the wait staff of Juan, Jose, Hernandez, Palomec, were great and always smiling, and Chef Oscar Flores made us a 3 course meal from our day of deep sea fishing that could have been served in any high dollar gourmet restaurant. Guest Concierge Manager Freddy Morales, made sure all our request were addressed the resort is a great place to stay and we plan on it again next year. THANK YOU FIESTA AMERICANA.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Randy B
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was not our first trip to cancun but it was the worst.The hotel was not the cleanest and it needed up dated.you need to make sure that the safe in your room is in working order.You will need to make sure you lock all of you thing in it that you what to keep.the staff,housekeeping,Ect
Can not be trusted.i had a pair of ear rings stolen and although I should not of put them in my jewelers bag.I do not want to go somewhere and fill that the staff is waiting for you to drink to much leave your room and tack your things.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lsullivan43
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the considerable distress and anxiety that this situation has clearly caused you. On the moment you reported the incident, you were attended immediately by our Manager on Duty, who followed up personally on the report with you along with our Security Supervisor. I assure you, we take these matters very seriously and after thoroughly investigating the loss of your ear rings, no conclusion has been found in this case. We take security for our guests very seriously. I apologize if you feel that the situation has not been resolved to your satisfaction, we have followed up from the very moment you first spoke to us about this situation but up until now have found nothing to support your complaint.

We will continue with our investigations and as we agreed at the time of your departure, we will contact you as soon as we have the final verdict.

Pilar Tapia
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed March 17, 2014

14 of us stayed from February 21- March 1 had a blast Carlos & Jaime made our vacation fun and relaxing. The weather was beautiful, the beach was great, the ocean was warm, the wait staff including Claudio and Sarahi kept your drinks full on the beach as well as in the pool area, Rooms were cleaned daily with a check in the evening to see if additional refreshments or towels were needed, the food was excellent, fish tacos were great, Our room was facing South looking at the neighboring motel and we met with the front desk the following morning and they were more than happy to move us to a room where we could see the ocean. The only thing I did not like was they Kept moving Carlos from one bar to another so we had to go find him every day he is a lot of fun. Jaime mainly worked at the pool bar and beach bar he was also a lot of fun and they both made us excellent surprise drinks or drinks of our choice. The staff was pleasant from the time of check in through the cleaning service, cooks, hostesses, bathroom attendants, bar tenders and any staff member I may have not mentioned. The rooms were spacious, clean, beds were adequately comfortable, the patio was a nice place to sit and read or listen to the ocean. The bathrooms were a little small but the sink and mirror were not in the bathrooms so there was enough room. I did witness one or two customers that I felt were treating the staff like their own personal servants which I found rude. Please treat all staff members with respect they are doing their job to make sure everyone at the resort has a fun vacation not just a few. We have stayed at 3 different all inclusive resorts and they were good in their own way however this one I can not find a single thing that was negative after we got moved from our first room.

I will be back

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the third floor. We did not have ocean view but we were able to see the ocea...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends