“Excellent all-inclusive experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent all-inclusive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Full disclosure: I've never stayed in an all-inclusive resort and never thought that I would. I assumed that the hotels would want to cut corners wherever possible to maximize profits. Fiesta Americana did not cut those corners and I was pleasantly surprised by my wonderful experience. The service was absolutely incredible and everyone works so hard I was blown away. Sebastian was especially helpful!

Food - The fish tacos at the Cevicheria are delicious. I think I ate them for lunch every day and they're served with chips and fresh made guacamole. Every meal that I ate at a buffet style experience was reliably tasty and there were a lot of great options. The food in the restaurants at dinner were forgettable and I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. Take my advice and stick to the buffets.

Drinks - Really surprisingly good quality alcohol was available at all of the bars (even the one in the pool!). Drinks did not seem at all watered down and they have Dos XX on draft. There is something unbelievably luxurious about being served beach-side drinks from your lounge chair looking out on the Caribbean and I really enjoyed it. Tipping is always appreciated and I was glad we had brought small bills.

Activities - This was a short stay, so I didn't do much, but I highly suggest getting on the public bus towards the airport a couple of stops to see the El Rey ruins. It's only 80 pesos (they don't accept dollars, so bring pesos) and a really cool way to get off the resort and spend some time walking around. There are iguanas everywhere and it's beautiful to watch them stare at the rising sun in total stillness.

I think the only downside was the occasional overly drunk guest from the US who made me embarrassed for my fellow countrymen. I would like to see more people try to learn a bit about the country they are visiting (especially one of our 2 nearest neighbors!) and maybe even some of the language.

Overall I had an amazing experience at the hotel and was truly impressed with the staff's hard work and attention to detail. I booked a package deal through Orbitz and got an incredible price with a very easy flight plan from DC. It was incredibly easy to get down there and a great way to take a break from harsh winter weather.

8 Thank Ellericious

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

After getting in a bad jet ski accident on our 2nd out of 3rd day in Cancun while staying at another resort, we ended up at Fiesta Americana Condesa after quite an ordeal. Long story short, I had to get emergency plastic surgery at the Hospiten hospital Saturday night and when we came back to our previous/original resort - Paradisus - after being discharged from the hospital Sunday morning, they literally put us out on the street even though we were told we had a room for at least that night. The only good thing Paradisus did was recommend Fiesta Americana.

Upon arrival, I had been without pain medication or fluids for a few hours now and was understandably lightheaded and extremely uncomfortable. The staff immediately noticed me in my wheelchair, being pushed by my friend, still in a hospital gown and neck brace with black eyes and a bandaged up face - they immediately responded and brought us up to the nicest hotel room they had available with a gorgeous view of the beach, before we had even checked in all the way. Once settled, we asked for some juice boxes because at that point all I could tolerate was opening my mouth enough to squeeze some of the liquid in. When they delivered the juice boxes, the staff had typed up a sign that said "Dear Ms. Penney, All the best and we hope you get well soon". From then on, every single staff member we came in contact with went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure they took the best care of us possible. Being in a foreign country away from home after such an accident - it meant SO much more than I can ever explain to receive the kind of care and compassion we were given at Fiesta Americana.

I know that it was not just me who received this level of genuine customer service, because when my 2 friends who were traveling with/taking care of me would go to explore the resort (I forced them to have at least a little fun while I recovered in our hotel room!) they were treated with the same kindness and respect.

Not too crowded, really awesome food, excellent staff, great bars, beautiful views, the list goes on. We will DEFINITELY be returning as soon as possible even just to thank everyone and to actually be able to enjoy this beautiful spot on earth!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank LexyP816
Smithtown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We loved the hotel. The employees were very friendly, and the service was top notch. The hotel is lacking in a few areas that makes that kind of overrides the good parts. The problems we had were as followed:

1. after 5PM there is only one and only bar closes at 1AM. That was COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for our puproses. i guess the hotel forgot their guesses were on vacation.
2. Most often than not there was NO music playing at the bar?
3. When there was music that would stop playing it between 10:30PM & 11:30PM.
4. There were NO umbrellas what-so-ever on the beach. They did have grass ones, but they were located close to the hotel. Other hotels had umbrellas located closer to the ocean.
5. The wait time for the restaurants was unacceptable, AND you only had 3 to choose from.

If Fiesta Americana ever got around to resolving these problems we would love to come back. Things like having the bar stay open at least until 2:30AM WITH MUSIC the whole time would go a long way with us. Umbrellas on the beach would be a pretty important requirement.

For these reasons I would NOT recommend staying at this hotel. UNLESS you're the type of vacationers that like to go to bed early and rise early. Then this place is perfect. We noticed that most guesses get up at the crack of dawn to put towels or other belonging on the chase lounges to reserve them before going back to bed. That was very annoying to us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Funbags9960
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the FAC a few weeks ago. Everyone there made us feel very welcome and they all went above and beyond in making our stay great. Juan Jose was a wonderful waiter along with the hostess Miriam and Cristina!
Everyone in the resort is very friendly and will do anything for you. Hilda did an exceptional job in making our room comfortable.
Victoria and Ana at the concierge desk just recently shipped our car keys back to us! We certainly appreciate them going out of their way to search for them and then package them to ship! Thank you so much!
Sue and Paul

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank srhershe
Wahpeton, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would return to the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun again in a HEARTBEAT! What a wonderful trip we had. A group of 8 married couples traveled from ND to Cancun for a week long getaway. From the moment we arrived we were taken care of. Luggage arrived at the room within 5 minutes, smiles and welcome drinks for all of us and one couple even upgraded their room to an ocean view without any hassle. I contacted the hotel prior to our arrival to arrange for some gluten free options in the restaurants and was assured they would take care of me. BOY OH BOY did they. JJ in the breakfast buffet introduced me to the chef and sat me at his section everyday and brought me gluten free pancakes and little breads that tasted like angel food cake. AMAZING!!! At lunch I loved the fish taco's that Alberto would get for me. Grilled shrimp with corn tortillas. He remembered me after the first time I talked to him about gluten free options. WHAT SERVICE and boy did they make me feel special and not like I was a nuisance for having to order it special. Carlos was THE BOMB and made us amazing drinks!!! Ask for the Carlos special, you will not be disappointed. At the Asian restaurant they made me a gluten free spread including sushi, fish platter and dessert. WOW... I think that was my favorite meal ever. Mexican I had Tuna and it was yummy as well. Then there was the Italian restaurant where they showed up with gluten free pasta! Only problem I have with the food options is that I ATE TO MUCH!!! I didn't plan on a massage but after Victoria gave me a little preview on the beach of what I would get my husband and I signed up for a couples massage. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! The bartenders, servers and staff were always amazing to us.. tips or no tips. (bring ones people.. tip them.. tip them good!!! They deserve it) I do not like to go back to hotels and prefer traveling around and seeing different places but I would go back to the F.A.C.C without a second thought. Go and enjoy. You won't regret it! The only Con's I can list is the rooms are a bit outdated and bathrooms small but we don't spend a lot of time in our room so not really an issue. The beds were hard but after a night or two I was fine with the harder bed.. I just drank more of their yummy drinks and it didn't seem to bother me anymore.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
10 Thank Tracy Olson B
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Best regards,
Pilar Tapia
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a great time at Fiesta Americana Condesa in Cancun. The staff ensures that you are having a great time and they also ensure the hotel is very clean. The beach was wonderfully well kept and not crowded at all. I would also urge you to use the Lomas agency in the hotel as they will get you the best deals and their Service is Wonderful! We had a great time from the hotel and through the different excursions we booked through Lomas!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank Awade07
Wadesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

2014 was our 5th trip to Cancun and we have stayed in several resorts . I will search no longer for the best experience in Cancun. The Fiesta Americana Condesa was by far the best place we have ever stayed. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The beach was clean and beautiful . We are in our early 50's and always go with another couple, we like the quiet relaxing daytime with a little bit of partying at night. If you have ever been to Cancun you know that the food is quite different from the U.S. a little bland and sometimes not the greatest. The food here was the best we have ever had while in Cancun, not saying that ever night at the buffet was exciting but it was good . The Mexican restaurant and the Italian restaurant were excellent and room service hit the spot for lunch after being in the sun for several hours! The pools are very nice and because they are so large and spread out they never seemed to be crowded like other resorts. If you like activities there was a lot going on during the day in the center of the pool area but if you want quiet you can go to the ocean or the other side of the pool area and it is relatively quiet and relaxing. We were at this resort the first of February. We will definetly go back to this resort next year.

Room Tip: we upgraded upon arrival for $300 to an ocean view from a garden view. I always enjoy the ocean view...