“Master Suite Review booked with Expedia”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had three great nights at this resort that was booked as an all inclusive including airfare through Expedia. Since I've never booked a trip this way as I usually do my own planning it was a little concerning but all went very well actually better than expected.
During the booking process I upgraded our room to a Master suite as having a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the ocean really grabbed my attention and also pre booked the shuttle service to and from the airport as well.
I don't really have much to add about the resort other then my room review that hasn't already been mentioned as the service from the staff was fantastic and the food and drink was better than expected for an all inclusive. So this review is more about the suite and shuttle service.

Our Jet Blue flight arrived on time and as we exited the terminal the Best Day shuttle employees were very easy to locate and provided very courteous and prompt transport to the resort.
Upon arrival at the resort we were checked into Master suite # 311 in the Moon tower. The corner suite was exactly as described as you enter the first room there is a huge furnished living/dining area, 1/2 bathroom and a small refrigerator stocked with beer, soda and water. The view of the ocean and beach through the sliding glass door to the balcony is amazing. In the next room you a have a king size bed, small table with two chairs, a desk, chair, otterman and a nice master bath area and that same view out of the sliding glass doors to the balcony.
As soon as you step out to the balcony you can hear the ocean waves pounding the surf and the beach is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. On the balcony you have four chairs two of them chaise lounge style. The jetted tub is situated in the corner and big enough for two to fit comfortably. The tub location isn't the greatest for privacy but that didn't stop us from utilizing it at least a half dozen times during our stay. We could both fit comfortably and enjoy a cocktail and listen to the ocean.
The moon tower master suites are located practically on the beach much closer to the ocean than the main part of the hotel and the views are just spectacular. You can also order room service and eat on your balcony as its included with all inclusive. There was no strange odors and the floors are all tile and shiny clean. The maid service was great as they would make a second stop by your room in the early evening for restocking drinks and towels.
One suggestion I would make is if you want to enjoy a mixed drink in your room bring your own liquor as beer is the only alcohol stocked in the refrigerator.
At check out the best day shuttle service arrived right on time to take us to the airport without incident.
I stopped short of giving an excellent rating because of the vacation package up sell upon check in was a bit of a turn off. If your not interested in that I would suggest making it known immediately to avoid the any delay of your vacation time. Other than that we had a terrific stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank emjets32
Write a ReviewReviews (8,622)

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from Mexico after staying for one week in the Fiesta Americana all inclusive in Cancun. On arrival, we were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne which was lovely. The reception area is massive! We stayed in room 512 in the Moon Suites on the fourth floor overlooking the Caribbean ocean. The view was fantastic. However, I was disappointed with room! I expected much more from a five star! Bathroom was a complete letdown! There was a bath with a shower tap attached that has certainly seen better days! You could step out of the bath straight into the toilet if you were not careful. The sink was located outside the bathroom door. No robes/slippers supplied. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was cleaned each day by Zeniada who did an excellent job. We had to go to reception numerous times as the card key for the door failed to open same. Finally, a staff member decided to come up to our room with us to check out the door lock. He informed is that we had to push handle up to open the door! I found this unusual to say the least as this was the first time that this had been mentioned to us, but it worked. Later on, a staff member called to our room to change the lock! We declined same. The restaurants were very good. The best by miles was the Ro Sa To. This served first class food and drink. The service was impeccable. Next, in line was El Mexicano. Good food and service as well. The Kalmia was buffet service which was very good for breakfast. We had dinner here on our first day. It was ok. There was a pool side bar which served a lot of fish dishes. Another restaurant was located on the other side of the pool. I cannot think of the name of same. Food was ok here too. However, I was extremely concerned about the lack of hand hygiene. Nobody and I stand over this, washed their hands at any stage particularly in the pool side bar and the Lobby bar. Raw and cooked food was handled continuously especially in the pool side bar. There was a sink, but at no stage did I witness any staff member utilising same. They just rubbed their hands off their clothes. In the lobby bar, I witnessed the bins being emptied and I was curious to see would the two members of staff who handled same wash their hands post same. They did not. One did pick up a dish cloth and wiped his hands with this. This is considering that they were handling lemons prior to placing them in your drink! My hat goes off to Nemius (barman) in the lobby bar. He was excellent and very courteous to everyone. The floors in all areas were extremely slippy and you had to proceed with caution. The reception staff were very courteous at all times. I feel that if the management addressed the issues above, it could potentially be a five star establishment.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank MagsGalway_Ireland
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide; all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My family and i just returned from The Fiesta Americana Condessa. We had a great trip! Fiesta Americana Condessa is one of the older resorts, but what this hotel lacks in updates it more than makes up for in costumer serive. The staff is outstanding!
We stayed in an "oceanview master suite" which was perfect for my husband and i and our 3 small children. The room was older but it was clean. Housekeeping came once in the afternoon and once in the evening. The resort itself was clean and there were workers improving the grounds at any given moment throughout the day.
The resturantes were good and room service was always prompt. There were plenty of activities throughout the day to occupy all ages, including games by the pool, and ceramic painting for kids.
We booked this trip because we got an excellent price so i was a little sceptical about what we were going to get. However we were pleasantly surprised by the Fiesta Americana Condessa. Again, this hotel is older so there are some areas that are dated and need some work but we would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants a great value and a great vacation.
As far as those who did not enjoy this hotel, here is my only piece of advice:
When booking a vacation, you get what you pay for! If you want 5 star surroundings then you need to pay for a 5 star resort. If you are looking for a 3-4 star resort with great service and a fun atmosphere then stay at the Fiesta Americana.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank L R
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I typically do not write reviews, but my stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa was so enjoyable and memorable that I want to encourage others to visit this resort. My friend and I spent considerable amounts of time reading reviews on several travel forums before deciding on this resort, and we couldn't have made a better choice. The property is not the newest, but it was extremely clean and well maintained. The staff were constantly sweeping, cleaning and tirelessly working against Mother Nature to keep the floors in the open areas safe and dry. The food was delicious and offered something for every taste. The special Independence Day dinner buffet was truly incredible with the seemingly endless dishes. The beach location is gorgeous! Plenty of beach chairs to be had, even when not coming down until the later afternoon. I was really impressed by how hard the staff worked with running back and forth from the bar to the beach. There was never too long of a wait before being able to get a fresh drink. By far the best part of our stay was the staff. I can't say enough about them. JJ started us off each morning with true VIP treatment at breakfast. He and his crew were amazing! Smiles, jokes, hugs and a very special dessert for us on our last morning just helped to make our vacation truly memorable. We also looked forward to seeing Manzanero every day. From our initial champagne greeting upon our arrival we were charmed by him. He was so sweet and helpful, and hearing him call out our names across the lobby each day definitely made us feel special. A special thank you also to Miguel for letting me help "hatch" the baby turtles! He was great about explaining the whole preservation process and was such a joy to chat with. Thank you to the staff for truly wonderful vacation. I will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Plampin N
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements. I have already congratulated the members of our staff that you mentioned.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our stay was awesome! the people that work there are super nice and the pools are amazing. The bartenders and awsome and will make you whatever drink you like.Our room was on the side of the building which gave a great view of the ocean. The rooms where cleaned twice during the day and they play soft music for you at night on your TV so when you come in you have nice music to listen to. Love the Fiest Americana, will stay again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie D

Thank you very much for taking your time and giving us your review to many of the services we have to offer to our guests. I'm very grateful for your comments about work of our team members; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

it was an amazing experience, the rooms were big and I liked ours with a mini balcony, we had the best view!, but what we loved the most was that the food was amazing! at least at the buffet!!!! that's what we had everyday! you have to have the New York steak! wow!!! and then anything you want to drink at the bar by the pool!! you should try the Blue Hawaiian and the Chichi!!! so good!! overall we would totally would go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you go to this resort ask for ELIGIO he was the best waiter, this resort needs to have more employees like him. Front desk make us wait two hours for our room and the first room smelled like cigars...logistics at this hotel needs to improve. The music at the lobby was for seniors only. We paid for ocean view and they gave us pool view. Thank you ELIGIO for your service .

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank love1986

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations. More than any other aspect of our business, it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor reviewers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun, I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to your expectations. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with additional comments about your stay, which we will certainly use in order to make changes for better and ensure that every guest has the most satisfactory experience.