“Fantastic stay! Love the staff!”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Redmond, WA
“Fantastic stay! Love the staff!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I typically do not write reviews, but my stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa was so enjoyable and memorable that I want to encourage others to visit this resort. My friend and I spent considerable amounts of time reading reviews on several travel forums before deciding on this resort, and we couldn't have made a better choice. The property is not the newest, but it was extremely clean and well maintained. The staff were constantly sweeping, cleaning and tirelessly working against Mother Nature to keep the floors in the open areas safe and dry. The food was delicious and offered something for every taste. The special Independence Day dinner buffet was truly incredible with the seemingly endless dishes. The beach location is gorgeous! Plenty of beach chairs to be had, even when not coming down until the later afternoon. I was really impressed by how hard the staff worked with running back and forth from the bar to the beach. There was never too long of a wait before being able to get a fresh drink. By far the best part of our stay was the staff. I can't say enough about them. JJ started us off each morning with true VIP treatment at breakfast. He and his crew were amazing! Smiles, jokes, hugs and a very special dessert for us on our last morning just helped to make our vacation truly memorable. We also looked forward to seeing Manzanero every day. From our initial champagne greeting upon our arrival we were charmed by him. He was so sweet and helpful, and hearing him call out our names across the lobby each day definitely made us feel special. A special thank you also to Miguel for letting me help "hatch" the baby turtles! He was great about explaining the whole preservation process and was such a joy to chat with. Thank you to the staff for truly wonderful vacation. I will definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Plampin N
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements. I have already congratulated the members of our staff that you mentioned.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and recommendations, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

John Kirwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,793)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our stay was awesome! the people that work there are super nice and the pools are amazing. The bartenders and awsome and will make you whatever drink you like.Our room was on the side of the building which gave a great view of the ocean. The rooms where cleaned twice during the day and they play soft music for you at night on your TV so when you come in you have nice music to listen to. Love the Fiest Americana, will stay again for sure!

1 Thank Katie D
Thank you very much for taking your time and giving us your review to many of the services we have to offer to our guests. I'm very grateful for your comments about work of our team members; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

it was an amazing experience, the rooms were big and I liked ours with a mini balcony, we had the best view!, but what we loved the most was that the food was amazing! at least at the buffet!!!! that's what we had everyday! you have to have the New York steak! wow!!! and then anything you want to drink at the bar by the pool!! you should try the Blue Hawaiian and the Chichi!!! so good!! overall we would totally would go back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you go to this resort ask for ELIGIO he was the best waiter, this resort needs to have more employees like him. Front desk make us wait two hours for our room and the first room smelled like cigars...logistics at this hotel needs to improve. The music at the lobby was for seniors only. We paid for ocean view and they gave us pool view. Thank you ELIGIO for your service .

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank love1986
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations. More than any other aspect of our business, it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor reviewers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun, I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to your expectations. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with additional comments about your stay, which we will certainly use in order to make changes for better and ensure that every guest has the most satisfactory experience.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Well on arrival found the process very efficent but the young girl did not explain much about the resort, let alone where our room was, all we were told was to turn to the right, hmmm. On arrival in to our room was happy with it, although I thought if we had a tsnamui, or hurricane we would not stand a chance of getting out, but anyhow decided it was all ok, until..... We went to put our passports, money etc... In safe, well light would not work by where safe was, so could not really see what the problem was with safe. Called front desk and within 5 minutes we had someone in to look at the safe and the light that would not work. Light globe replaced straight away, but 1 hour 20 minutes later, a whole new safe was put into our wardrobe!!! All good, until we came back from dinner to turn bedside lights on, both not working, so another phone call and within minutes a whole new bedside lamp replaced and yet another globe!!! Im starting to think is this room jinxed, so went down to reception to ask if we could be moved to another room the following day ( just to another room the same but on a higher floor). The guy on the desk would not look at me in the eye and his co worker started to speak in Spanish, which I ended up saying do not do that in front of me, speak English, to which he profusely apologised, and said that he would have something ready by noon the following day, which we were happy about. At noon went to reception to be told that I needed to come back at 4pm, hmmm so ended up ringing the reception about 3pm and spoke to Freddie (guest service manager) I told him I was dissapointed, but that we would stay where we are as I wanted to enjoy the 8 days we had here and did not want to dwell on the fact that everything had gone wrong in our room, but at least it was all fixed or replaced now, so we would stay put. Soon after the doorbell went and there was Freddy and his co worker at our door. He realised I was upset with what had happened and offered us an upgrade, which we ended up taking, I have to say at this point, I then did feel guilty, as everything had been fixed or replaced. Our room was amazing and on the fourth floor, with a king size bed, huge toilet/bathroom area, seperate dining area, with a balcony with jacuzzi (which we did not use). He did mention that if it rains, the doors needed to be resealed and water would come in through the sliding doors, which this did happen and ended up making the room real musty smelling with the towels that were used to soak up the water.
The BEST thing about this place is the staff around the resort. They are so helpful, friendly, always asking how your day has been and anything you need!!! Freddie your staff are amazing, and that is certainly what made our 8 days enjoyable. Just a couple of staff that we did get to meet on a more personal level which we just enjoyed being around were Tere and Tania in the lobby bar, those girls were always smiling and always had another drink ready just as you needed it, loved meeting you both each night. The bar man in there was a delight as well (did not get his name, shortish guy), just amazing and always so busy but always smiling. Salvador in the Mexician restaurant went out of his way for us. One night we were there my husband had a spicy sauce that he loved, so we inquired as to how we could buy some. He said it was freshly made, but suggested some that were similar, but he then offered to go and buy it for us. We gave him some money and said just buy1 bottle, but no he ended up buying us 3 bottles for us to take home, went way above his job by doing this for us on his only day off, then on last night had a cake made for us with a special message on it and the band serenaded us on our last night there. Final words..... Would we return to this resort?????? YES.

Room Tip: Ocean view room!!!!!
1 Thank FordyPerth
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for all your kind words, especially for your comments about the great service provided by our staff. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcome you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Campinas, SP
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are very pleased to have chosen this resort. Best choice we could have made. Great food service and a fabulous resort. Very clean and organized. Our special thanks to the bartenders (that became our friends), Heraclio and Eliglio and please, try the Mango Tango drink.. one of the best. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kokabatake
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The service by the staff at this hotel is excellent. Victor from Kalmia Buffet is excellent, he goes above and beyond for the guests.The food is excellent. It was a bummer that it rained so much though. Had 2 sunny days of 7. The only downside to this hotel are the people trying to sell you Time shares. I come to enjoy a vacation, not to sit with you to stress me out about buying timeshares. They try to catch you with a gift, which is a beach bag, not even a free spa or tour. Work on the incentives if you want anyone to buy. At the end of the conversation with the concierge, after I rejected to buy the timeshare she didn't even want to give me that bag. I had to remind her. Anyhow, I would recommend this hotel simply because of the workers, the waiters. The beach is beautiful, awesome. The room not so bad except sometimes it has a musty smell.

2 Thank Am g
Thank you very much for sharing your review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing. Let me assure you that all the points you mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you again and on behalf of all Fiesta Americana Condesa staff, we hope for the opportunity to serve you again and to do our best to make your next vacation an exceptional and memorable experience.