“Best Vacation Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Savage, Minnesota
“Best Vacation Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family just got back from a stay at the Fiesta Americana Condessa and it was amazing. My husband and I and our 4 year old son stayed for 5 nights in the King Superior Suite. The room was huge, with two bathrooms a large eating area separate bedroom, and the best part was a huge balcony which included a panoramic view of the ocean and a whirlpool tub. It was great to have a suite when traveling with the little guy so my husband and I could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the ocean while he napped. The beach was amazing with powder soft sand, no seaweed and crystal clear water. The resort also had tons of chairs on the beach, we never had a problem finding three open together at any time of the day. When we walked along the beach, it looked like our hotel had many more than the others. The pools were also great, and there were plenty of shady spots. There was a kiddie pool, and also a pool connected with a swim up bar and an upper level infinity pool, When we were there it was a great balance of families, couples and singles. It was not overrun by kids, nor was it a super rowdy party group, there was something for everyone. I had a massage in the spa and it was fabulous, they had plenty of appointments available and the amenities and services were very nice. There were lots of options for food, and all of them were really good. We ate most of the time at Kalmia, which was buffet style with lots of good options and variety. Kambu, the outdoor Japanese restaurant overlooking the ocean, was also really good. One of the best things I had was the fish tacos out by the pool, We also did a candlelight steak and lobster dinner on the beach one night, which is not included in the all-inclusive price, but it was well worth the extra money and I would highly recommend it. Last but certainly not least, the staff was amazing. They were all so friendly and helpful, and they all made the stay really special. There were two servers in particular at the Kalmia restaurant that went above and beyond to make things nice for us. Victor and Josue were so great. Victor realized that since we had a 4 year old with us, we were not going to the fancier Mexican and Italian restaurants at the resort (even though we could have taken him to the Mexican restaurant). Victor arranged to serve us from those menus in the more casual restaurant. He provided excellent service and also added special touches like making swans out of napkins for our table and remembering that my son liked the coconut ice cream. Josue helped make our meals memorable by making us special coffee and deserts prepared at the table, like a show with our meal. Misael is a supervisor in the restaurant was also super nice and remembered us and came over and chatted. All together, everyone was very warm and inviting. I loved the open air resort, the room, the food and everything else, but the people at the Fiesta Americana Condessa are the reason we will certainly go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Clare V
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

John Kirwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,752)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in late January. We loved it so much we will be back Sept 19-24 to celebrate our anniversary. Everyone was very welcoming. The food was great! The location is also great. One of my favorite things this hotel had was a professional photographer walking around and taking pictures. We were able to get some really nice pictures on the beach. I am so excited to be going back. I think from now on we will be celebrating all of our anniversaries there! Thank u FAC

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank bruizer01
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's our pleasure to know that we met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. It is the greatest compliment for us, when, after spending their vacation at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, our guests desire to return to our resort.

Thank again for your review and your loyalty to our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at fiesta americana condesa. The beach was beautiful and food - all a la carte for lunches and dinners was absolutely fabulous with a choice of mexican, italian and asian/sushi. They had a buffet option as well but we were never too tempted as the restaurant options were that good. The buffet may be however convenient for an occasional casual night or if you have kids.
Entertainment was very good with daily quizzes and mini competitions at the pool during the day rewarded by prizes and standard dancing and shows in the evenings.
We had a garden view room which was a quieter side and had a great view onto the bay on the other side of the hotel. The hotel is built at a distance from the main cancun road unlike many other central hotels, so no traffic noise at all. If anything we actually preferred the garden facing room to the front facing balconies.
This hotel has 24 room service, our room was cleaned twice a day, which we though was also a nice touch. Overall very much recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jalouette
Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your first visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to make your stay so memorable, as we always try to impress our guests with the service, food choices and serenity of the environment.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back soon.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We just love this hotel. We keep coming back! Clean grounds, great room, nice staff, beautiful pool and beach area. So relaxing and easy to leave life behind. You can walk to the main road and take the public bus into town. All around great vacation spot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pam p
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

It really disappoints me when I read some of the reviews here about the supposed shortcomings of the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. My wife and I were there again this summer (July 1-11) for the 4th time. We have been to Cancun many times, and have stayed at 7 (seven) different hotels in the Zona Hotelera, and we made the decision this summer that we would never again stay anywhere else in Cancun. First, NO ONE works harder to make one feel welcome than the people at FA Condesa. The Guest Services manager, Sr. Freddy Morales actually contacted us the afternoon BEFORE we flew down to say that Delta Vacations had CANCELLED our reservation and "was there something wrong"... Without Sr. Morales' call, we might very well have arrived in Cancun only to find we had no accommodations, thanks to Delta Vacations. As it turns out it was an "oops!" moment for Delta, and all was corrected in short order, thanks again to Sr. Morales calling Delta immediately and straightening everything out. When we arrived at the hotel we were met personally, checked in within 10 minutes, and were shown to our room by an extraordinarily helpful bellman who refused to accept the tip we offered, as he pointed out that everything was included, even the tips, and carrying the bags was just part of his job. From the first day to the last, everything in our room worked perfectly, nothing was dirty, nothing was old. We had a new flat screen television, satellite TV with Mexican and American stations, and in-room WiFi. With reference to the review that said WiFi was only available in the lobby, this is simply not true. I will say, however, that the WiFi speed was NOT fast enough to support SKYPE, even in audio only mode, however, it was plenty to check E-mails, etc. The mattress on the King bed was very firm, and the blankets heavy, as mentioned in reviews elsewhere, but we just didn't keep the room as cold and therefore didn't need the blankets. Who wants to sleep under a blanket at the beach anyway. Most nights we turned off the A/C and opened the door to the balcony, giving us a nice sea breeze. [Disclaimer: We're from Mississippi. When we left home it was 97 degrees at 9:00 am. The temperature in Cancun was about 78 at night. Felt great to us! :) ] We found the food in the restaurants to be excellent, and service at the lobby and pool bars to be excellent as well. I LOVED the Filet in the restaurant...I've been looking since we got home for something comparable, and have found nothing. The poolside BBQ ribs were amazing. I made an absolute PIG of myself. My wife loves Mexican food. Her opinion was: while not the fanciest in the world, it was authentic and tasty. Extraordinarily fancy? NO. Tasty and pleasing in appearance, YES. One night at the all-you-can-eat buffet, there were 26 different DESSERTS! I counted. Entertainment by the pool every day was really fun....our kids are grown (26/25), but WE got to be kids for two weeks: salsa lessons, bean bag toss, fitness in the pool, trivia, cooking lessons, Spanish lessons, just to name a few, believe me. By the second day we were there, our server by the pool knew exactly what drinks and snacks we ordered, and simply brought refills when our glasses went empty. Every night there was some kind of "show" either out at the pool, or inside if it rained. The Michael Jackson Show was EXCELLENT. The guy's a RINGER for Jackson. I'm not even much of a MJ fan, but I loved every minute of the show. The dancing synchronized with the original "Thriller" video was terrific! Lets' see: great food, great entertainment, helpful staff, what else could one expect? Well how about: a great beach....spotless, not a cigarette butt, beverage can, nothing, just pure white sand; no stinging critters in the water, the place was just beautiful. Every night, as another reviewer mentioned, the sea turtles came up to lay their eggs, which were then harvested and put in a safe location to be protected until they hatched. And YOU can HELP! It's so nice to see a country taking CARE of, and trying to preserve its natural resources. For those that say "don't go to Mexico.....Drugs, Drugs, Drugs...", I say NO, NO, NO, they're wrong. The government in Cancun knows that the first tourist to have a problem in Cancun with that means the end of life as they know it. Security is everywhere... I feel much safer in Cancun than I do in New Orleans. My wife even rode the city bus (altobus) by herself to La Isla mall one afternoon and had NO problem. I've been to Cancun every year for over 15 years and have NEVER had a security issue or any kind of problem. EVER.. Yes, there are the occasional people who try and sell you stuff, yes there is the occasional timeshare salesman, but a pleasant "no, gracias" and they will be on their way. Last, but not least, if you are a diver or a water sports fan as we are, Aquaworld Cancun is RIGHT across the street, and they also have a representative at the pool area. They have everything from diving to dinner cruises at very reasonable prices. We took a two tank dive this summer that I happen to know for a fact was HALF the price of a two tank dive in Pensacola Beach, Florida....I checked. We have tried more than a few outfitters in Cancun, and in my opinion Aquaworld is the best....hands down. I have done a review of Aquaworld elsewhere on this website. And it's walking distance...We walked over every day to meet our tours. The tours return you directly to the hotel front door. FA Condesa Cancun is beautiful. Heck, there was a wedding on the beach every day we were there, right at sunset. The staff tries their best every day to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We did confirm with the hotel manager that while gratuities are included in the all-inclusive price, staff are allowed to accept a little something extra for great service that exceeds expectations. So, before we left we went around and thanked all of our friends we met during our stay and left them a little "extra" in appreciation of their service to us. We have already booked our stay for next July. We'll be returning to FA Condesa Cancun many times, I'm sure. I'm a University Professor. So is my wife. We don't have a lot of money, and we need to look for great value in where we go. I love Mexico, I love the people of Mexico, and I feel that FA Condesa Cancun is just about the best Mexico has to offer for someone like us. This place is absolutely 5-star to us.....

Room Tip: Ocean View vs. Ocean Front: Ocean View is on the side of the building, at a 90 degree angle to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
15 Thank ThomasW_2010
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, we are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Maspeth, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is great!! I can't complaint, food is great, it's safe, service is great. Must try the fish tacos, must go to the Mexican restaurant, server victor and Salvador were great. For breakfast must have an omelet made by Julia. And if u can must have the romantic dinner at the beach it worth the money :)

Room Tip: I have the garden view suite at the 5th floor it was great, and I can see the ocean view from my roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Leidy J
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Having had the benefit of other peoples' reviews which helped me hugely in deciding to choose this hotel I feel that I too should contribute so others might benefit as I have. Our family consist of Titus aged 23, medical student at University College London. Jake, aged 21, studying bio-medical science at Kings College London and Max, aged 17, at school and Jake's girlfriend, Hazel, aged 20, also at King's reading Spanish and Portuguese. We stayed August 9th until August 23rd 2013. The review below makes a good point as unless you live in the USA, where a freephone line is provided, phoning from London to a FACC call centre where English was not understood, is a nightmare and resulted in our telephone company phoning us and asking for a huge bill to be paid or we would be disconnected. So 'yes' God does bless America and so does this hotel.

That said, once my plight came to the attention of Mr Freddy Morales, Guest Service Manager, at FAC (gshfacc@posadas.com) he personally took charge and provided our family with three very good rooms 381, 480 and 481 in the Sun Tower with the most amazing view of the caribbean waves rolling in and at nightime we watched the turtles crawling up the beach, knacked from a 1400 mile migration, to lay their eggs. Ask for these rooms or identical rooms in the Moon Tower and you will be happy. All the rooms were fine, beds very comfortable and the bathroom and showers were spotlessly clean. Toothpaste, spare toothbrushes even a sewing kit and a well stocked frig with fresh cakes magically appearing in your rooms daily. When we arrived in each room we were greeted with a welcome message and an ice bucket with a delicious sparkling wine. As we were tired from our long flight from London we ordered room service, which was very prompt and fell on the food provided, which was excellent and drank copiously until we thought we were in heaven. There are safes provided in each room which is not so in all hotels in Cancun. Room cleaners, in my view, are usually at the bottom of the pecking order and their hard work in cleaning and making beds can be easily taken for granted. The one person I regret not giving a gratitude to was the lady who came in daily with coloured rice and wrote kind messages.

The pool lay out works well as it is very varied on two levels over a huge area with lots of bends and turns providing good shade combined with amazing and attentive bar service. There is always so much happening it's hard to decide what to take part in and it's gives a great opportunity to meet and chat with other guest. I was impressed by the large numbers that join in the activities whether it be a pool music quiz or water ballon tossing, beach and pool volley ball or five aside beach football. The bar in the front foyer or lobby works well because of its lay out and huge open space which seem to draw people in to relax and unwind.

As we enjoy our food this trip would rise or fall on the quality of the food and we could not be bothering with all that booking nonsense other hotels insist upon. The food, infact, was very good on the whole. In two weeks we had only one poor meal in the Asian restaurant which had been served cold. But as someone who enjoys eating out, I found that the Mexican restaurant and the Italian restaurant served food which would have stop Gordon Ramsay using the 'F' word every again. Real quality food with great service and staff I can only describe as kind and attentive. Also, I have never tasted better food then what was provided for breakfast.

If you need a real treat and wish to relax and be cared for this is the place to be. I will just mention why I think this hotel is the best there is in Cancun. When I went off for my early morning runs at about 7 am I often tripped over this one solitary guy, quite busy, moving table and chairs and tidying up the excesses from the previous night, making sure everything was perfect and in good order for the appearance of their first guests. It was only on my last day that I spoke with him. At the time I was thinking what a good grafter to have on the staff. This chap turned out to be John Kirwan the CEO of the hotel. An Irishman far away from his home in Dublin who happen to disprove the adage ''The higher you go up the Christmas tree the less you see what's going on underneath''

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank john m
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us, it was a pleasure meeting you. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food options, the facilities and specially the excellent service provided by our staff.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.