“A Great Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland, Ohio
“A Great Vacation”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is our first time in Cancun and we had a great experience with this hotel overall. The friendly people is what makes this hotel stand out I guess. The hotel is relatively small and the rooms are average, but we booked an oceanview room and the view from the room is great! Next time we come back we will book an oceanfront room and I am sure it will be worth it. The property is so close to the beach and the beach is beautiful! A little rocky but we went a little further to the ocean and the sands are soft. The food in the restaurants are above average and there are always plenty of choices in the buffet Kalmia and Kambu. The Italian restaurant is great except for the wait. The food in the seafood restaurant - La Ceviccheria is our favorate. It only opens for lunch and we ate there two days in a row. The fried grouper was sooooo delicious - my husband is not a seafood person but he ordered it twice. The fish taco was great! The seafood cevicheria was very fresh as well. We love the 2-level pools and swam there every morning. The ocean view from the pool is spetacular! The staff in this hotel is very friendly, especially those in Kalmia, Kambu, and La Cevicheria. The staff in the towl station and the beach are very nice as well. The cleaning people are great - they clean the rooms twice per day and refill the fridge frequent. We had no problem asking for extra water, towel, and shower supplies. Some complaint we had were 1) we arrived at 12:30 and our rooms were not ready till 3:00 pm, we requested one room with kings size bed and was told that the hotel was full. 2) there is no air conditioning in the lobby and was very hot and humid. 3) some travel agency people tried to sell stuff in the lobby. 4) the hotel next to our tower played very loud music every afternoon. Overall we had great experience with this hotel for the value and we recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had oceanview room and it was great, but next time we will definately book an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sea0cean
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing this detailed review of the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. I am very pleased to learn from your comments that you were delighted with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference creating an unforgettable vacation for you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

John Kirwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,814)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my first time in Cancun and my experience there could not have been a better one! Everythings from the staff to the food and the night time entertainment was on point! I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family and we plan to return to this exact place.

Room Tip: I had a garden view room which was fine because we didn't spend much time in the rooms, but next...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After reading all the reviews in depth, I figures this was a five star hotel well its nothing but smoke and mirrors. The hotel is really old and needs some serious renovations. The staff is great but the food and drinks are below par and I have stayed at other resorts which were all inclusive and by far this is the worst and not to mention the selection of alcohol is poor they only have one beer on tap, go out front of the hotel to catch a bus and go to walmart for better alcohol and food or an oxo store this is across the street. I have learned after this trip to take trip advisors reviews with a grain of salt. Lack of hotel experience's makes people believe everything is a five or four star hotel. Gratuity's are proffered in Dollars. A good thing about this hotel was even though they try hard to push their gallon purified water they give you plenty of bottle water when you ask. I saw this one lady at dinner ask to see the jug/gallon of purified water and the waiter brought it out even though that doesn't show if the water was purified or not it was a sight to see them do that.
Tip: for those of us who with sensitive American stomachs be extremely careful with the cheese and dairy you choose to eat trust me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank MattKemperson
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us. Although many travelers find Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun to be a great place with excellent food options and facilities, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Kansas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were there from July 20th through July 26th. We enjoyed ourselves very much. The food was very good everywhere. I would like to mention JJ(Juan Jose) for breakfast and also Victor in the evening in the Kalmia and we cannot forget Armando in the swim up bar. The service we received from them was amazing along with all the other staff being very willing to make our stay pleasant. The pool was very nice and clean and the ocean view was beautiful and the grounds were immaculate and kept that way by hard working staff all of the time. Our room was clean and room service was also very good. We had the 80 minute massage in the spa and it was very relaxing I cannot say enough about how hard the staff works to make this a very pleasant place to be. We also went to the beach at night to watch the sea turtles come in to lay their eggs and it is amazing how this resort goes out of their way to protect them and also to share information with us about the process.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ksufan2003
Washington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stay at FAC for 7 days 6 night vacation. Tomorrow is out last day. We're in the group of 20 family member from 69 years old to 7 years old. Every single person in my group love this hotel, even my 7 years old boy. The service is excellent, if there is more than 5 stars for service, I will give them all. Shout out to Rene Moo at Asian Restaurant. He went way out to accommodate our group. excellent service, friendly and pleasant. He did provide us some surprise drink. They serve us with professional. Every single staff are friendly and very nice. I mean everyone, including the cleaning lady, entertainment staff, poolside service, everyone..... Also Ivan Vazquee from Kids Club. My sons forgot both IPad in the kids club. He did keep those IPad and let my family member know to notify my kids came over to pickup in person so he wanted to make sure he return those to right person.

Hotel: Nice location. The bus ride is $1 and very convenient to go to any where. Bus stop at the front of the hotel every couple min. Hotel has a nice pool to look out at the beach. Swim up bar is nice, my family loved it. Beautiful beach, white sand, soft water.

Room: a lot of space, they clean it twice a day and also drink got stock up daily with soft drink and beer. Bed is OK, they can upgrade the bed, but not as bad as other people reviewed. For us, it's not a problem at all. Air conditioned is no problem, there is also a ceiling fan. Not sure why some people complain about that. Our group stay in 6 different room and also in different floor and non of us has any issue with the Air Conditioned in the room. Restroom is little small, but the sink is located out side of the restroom, so actually it should not be problem.

Food: Excellent, Excellent. We did eat every restaurant and try every snake bar in this hotel and we did not have any complain, The food are top notch. For Buffet, they change the menu daily, so you will find something new for you to eat everyday. We have 20 people in our group, so we tried almost everything in the menu of dine-in restaurant. no complain at all. Food either Excellent to fair. Not even 1 single dish is bad. Our kids also using room service every night and they're good.

Service: I gave them 5+++++ star. From the time we step in to the check in desk, We got greet by drink. Not even one timeshare selling. Yes, occasional, they asked us if we're interesting for Spa/Massage, As soon as we say "No", they just said "Thanks' and walk away. At pool, they came over every few min. to make sure we still have drink or offer us if we want a different drink.

I recommend this hotel to everyone. and will come back in future trip.

Room Tip: We booked for garden view, but all 6 of our room have ocean view or partial ocean view. and all of t...
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hien P
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's our pleasure to know that we met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. It is the greatest compliment for us, when, after spending their vacation at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, our guests desire to return to our resort.

We will be looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I just returned from Cancun, and I could honestly say that it may have been the best vacation I have ever experienced. I have been to Cancun before but this was my first time at the Fiesta Americana Condesa and if I ever go back to Mexico I would 100% return to this hotel. I went with a group of 25 people ages ranging from 2 years old to 70 and each and every person was completely pleased with the trip. During the day, the pool was relaxing, clean, and refreshing and there was never a moment we were bored. Being that there was such a large amount of us, in the morning we had no problem finding lounge chairs by the pool, and one of the workers, Joel set up our lounge chairs and prepared our towels every morning for us. At breakfast, our waiter everyday JJ was one of the nicest people I ever met and always put a smile on our face to start off the day. Every member of the staff went out of there way to accommodate our group and were extremely friendly and pleasant and took great care of us from the minute we got there to the minute we left. We became friends with the entertainment staff, including Dani, Carry, Alberto, and Daniel, who were very friendly and fun and made sure there was never a moment we were bored during the day or at night. They accompanied us when leaving the resort and going to clubs and took care of all arrangements involving our nights out. The 1$ bus is right outside of the resort and it was an approx 15 minute bus ride to the strip where all the nightlife was. We did not get to go out with Alberto, but Dani had become a good friend of ours and accompanied us to Coco Bongo as well as the glow party at Senor Frogs which both turned out to be unforgettable nights. He even played his guitar and sang just for us by the pool and he is soo talented he belongs in one of the shows himself! I cannot say enough good things about them or the rest of the staff at the condesa. Waiters by the pool, such as Jose and Margarita took care of us the entire week and were extremely helpful and friendly. The food was delicious in each restaurant but my personal favorite was the Asian restaurant by the pool! There were always games by the pool, volleyball tournaments, music in the lobby and shows at the hotel every night which pleased guests of all ages. Drinks were usually sort of weak, but if you tip the bartender or ask for a specific brand of liquor they are perfect. Out of our group, 12 of us went to the spa and were extremely pleased with the swedish massages we got and the service we received along with the use of the facilities. We had a private dinner on the beach and our waiters Felix and Javier were excellent and treated us like royalty. Other than the hot elevators, the hotel was usually cool, but being that it is the middle of july and it is mostly open, it could be hot at times. The cleaning staff was no less than excellent and being that we were on a vacation for my birthday, they decorated my room with balloons and flower petals and words written in colorful rice, they left our room spotless every day and came back several times a day to ensure that we had enough towels and water bottles, etc. There are many mixed reviews about this resort but I can honestly say that it is definitely a solid 4 star hotel and there was not one thing I would change about our vacation or choice of hotel. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a good time in a beautiful hotel in a beautiful area! Will be back there soon, it was the best week of my life!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Allison I
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations, it's our pleasure to know that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun met with your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Thank you for mentioning those members of our team who made a difference and took a great part in creating an unforgettable vacation for you.

We will be looking forward to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We loved our stay here from start to finish! The food was delicious and fresh at all of the restaurants. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The grounds were beautiful. The best surprise we had was how caring the staff were about the sea turtles who are currently in season for laying their eggs. Each night they have a staff person protecting the turtles and making sure no tourists disturb or upset them. Highly highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013