“Amazing resort, excellent staff”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Cincinnati
“Amazing resort, excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This resort is an excellent value for an all inlcusive. Food is great, variety is good and service is excellent! Our favorite waiter was J.J. Or Juan Jose at The buffet. He made us feel like family and always called us his amigos. Everyone is so kind and helpful and the key phrase here is " it's a pleasure"! If looking for a nice resort with good food and good value this is an excellent choice for your cancun vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mindy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,767)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

the rooms and the hotel facilities are not very good, it started to rain and water entered the restaurant, the waiters provide excellent service, congratulations to chef daniel kambu restaurant, sushi is delicious and the presentation is beautiful, the Japanese detail is very cute, cancun beaches are beautiful, the best I've seen in my life, definitely go back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeunice Michell... K
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My mom and I went back to our favorite resort just the two of us for Mother's Day. They pulled out all the stops! The resort is gorgeous, it is always clean, and beautiful. I would never stay anywhere else. I love this resort. They have the greatest staff in all the restaurants Salvador, Francisco, Pacheco, Antonio, and Chef Dominguez made our trip truly unforgettable. Pedro and Oliver at the Pool bar are the greatest bartenders ever, they make my high maintenance tequila drink perfectly!! All of the staff at the front desk Arturo, Carolina, Suzana and Gabriela are wonderful they are extremely knowledgeable and always helpful. Laura at the concierge was instrumental in making it a truly wonderful trip. Felipe Montalvo, Kerry and Margarite keep the pool fun, relaxing, and interactive. Thank you John Kirwan for the excellent hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I am very pleased to read your detailed review of our team, services and facilities and I know my staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I have already passed my congratulations to them for the exceptional service provided to you.

We appreciate your review and your loyalty to our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

When we first got there we were treated with gr8 service the welcome, walking into our room with relaxing music playing after a long flight.
We decided to go eat at the restaurant right next to the reception desk that has a stage. There was a show starting as we walked in. We got seated and helped ourselves to a gr8 Buffett with lots of different varieties of food. We were celebrating my b'day and my wife let the waiter know so he started bringing shots of tequila and even a slice of cake that was very well decorated. You have to look for this waiter his name is Victor Armando Mateos. He took care of us the whole trip by showing us the whole town on his own time! Who does that? Thanks Victor
Make sure you also try the Italian restaurant really tasty food.
When you feel like just relaxing go down to the pool bar bartenders Luis and Carlos give great service... But you have to go to the Cevicheria also. That is where you will taste the best fish and shrimp tacos! Once again great service from Jonathan by making sure our beers where always full and our stomachs stuffed! The rest of the staff was great to but that's the only name I remember.
If you feel like enjoying the lobby bar look for Viridiana. I think I remembered mostly everybodys name due to the fact that they really treat you so well and like to get to know you.
This hotel also has nights when they take a group of people from the hotel to various clubs and events going on in cancun for a little extra charge but well worth it. Thanks to the two girl's that took the hotel group on 6/7/13 to The City night club made it very fun on the ride overthere and gave great trip tips.
Definitely hoping to return soon and enjoy another week fun and entertainment.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Juan1311
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants, our pools and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your birthday celebration as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Scott City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

All of the staff were very polite and helpful. the wait staff at the pool side and beach side bars never let your drink get empty.

The restaurants all had very good food, but the Italian one is definitely the best and definitely worth the wait to be seated.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tammy L
rock valley, iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just returned from 5 nights at the Condesa. I have been to the Cancun area many times so have different places to compare. Overall this resort is a nice place. The rooms area little plain, but we upgraded to an ocean- view and the view was simply amazing! It cost us an additional $45 a night. You are not in the room much so I was okay with the room itself being a little outdated and blah. The beach is beautiful, as as are pool areas. The entertainment by the pool was just okay, but I have seen more active, dancing, etc but there were games and some music. Like I said earlier, I have been a few places so am just comparing. The drinks I think we're stronger than at some of the resorts. The staff was awesome! They were kind, helpful, and very friendly! The buffet wasn't all that great compared to others I have been at. My daughter who is fussy had a hard time finding a big variety that she would eat. The snack bar during the day was great though! The location was further south on the zone than I normally like to stay, as we took the bus one night and feared our life, therefore, since it was too far to walk, we paid $15 one way to get to the Coco Bongo area. There were some weddings while we were there, and as a resort I think they did an awesome job of setting up for someone's special day! It looked very nice!!! Would I stay here again? Probably not but only because of the location and the food, but the resort itself is nice and if location isn't a factor, and you are not a fussy eater, I would recommend the Condesa! It was clean, well kept, friendly atmosphere, and a great beach!!!

Room Tip: The ocean front view was amazing! Also very easy to access from the pool area without having to go u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank gjrus
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is provide the best experience on the quality of the food and the service. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments like yours, that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that if you want to eat something that we do not have on our restaurants, please let us know, and our Chef will be more than happy to customize a meal for you, if the ingredients are available.

I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future. We are always remain at your service and should you like to put in contact with us for any assistance in the future, we will be very honored to have an opportunity to welcome you back and present to you the significant improvements in F&B area.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Before coming on this trip I read pretty much all of the TripAdvisor reviews regarding this resort and I must say that they are pretty much all true. It was a wonderful time and my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed it til about the last 24 hours which I will explain at the end. Check-in was a breeze and we got champagne. We arrived around 11:30 am and our room was ready then. We decided to upgrade from a garden view room to an ocean view room with a balcony and king size bed for $30 a night. We were on the 4th floor in the Sun Tower and had a great view of the pool and ocean. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony at night and just unwinding and relaxing after spending the day in the sun. The room was nice and cool but a little humid, however it is a welcome relief compared to the rest of the resort. I felt hot pretty much every where we went since the resort has an open air concept. The room and resort were kept very clean though and we appreciated that. The service was great and we had fun visiting with the staff members. We enjoyed going to La Cevecheria for lunch and the shrimp tacos and the ceviche were our favorites. Jonathan and Jose kept our drinks filled very well. The first night we went to the El Mexicano restaurant and the food was okay. Not bad but just wasn't our favorite. However, we made good friends with Edwuar the bartender there and went back every night to visit him. He was great! The breakfast buffet was good. Lots of options to choose from and I loved the fresh fruit and yogurt bar. It was fun having mimosas at breakfast as well. The second night we went to Kambu restaurant and we loved it. We ordered several sushis and then main dishes. We thought it was great and we loved the open air feeling of the restaurant. The third night we went to Rosato for dinner but unfortunately I was not feeling well that night so we had to leave halfway through our meal. I didn't eat anything but my boyfriend enjoyed the Caesar salad there but did not enjoy the fish he had ordered. The last night we were there we had room service which was good and was so nice how they were very particular in setting it up for us. They took a lot of care and time to set up it nicely. It was very much appreciated after the day we had had. The beach bar was also great and we enjoyed getting drinks there from Armando. He had a lot of fun making us different drinks and shots that we had never heard of. Try the Dirty Banana it is really good. We also enjoyed the pool bar a lot which was open until 7 while we were there so it was nice to go from the beach and sit in the shade of the pool bar and still enjoy some drinks if you weren't quite ready to go to dinner yet. We also enjoyed going to the Lobby bar after dinner. We ate at Kambu one day for lunch and we had the famous Juan Jose (JJ) as our waiter. He was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed him and could see why so many people mention him in their reviews. I also had a massage one day at the beach and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend getting a spa service while you are there. Now for the downside of our trip. Our bag was stolen from under one of the palapas overlooking the beach on our last day there. It had our phones, camera (so disappointing to come back with no pictures from our trip) and unfortunately our credit cards because we had just returned from the gift shop as well as other personal items. We hadn't left it very long so we feel someone must have been watching us. They took the hotel towels as well that we had on our chairs so we feel they used this to wrap the bag into. Obviously it was our fault for leaving it unattended but we felt so safe there that we really didn't think about it too much leaving it for a few minutes. We also realize that this can happen pretty much anywhere. We are also not making any assumptions as to who took it. There were lots of people around so it could have been anyone. The one thing though that got me a little upset is that after security came and took our statement about what happened and everything that was in the bag we never heard another thing from them. Obviously if they had found it they hopefully would have told us but I was hoping to hear something from them before we left the next day saying something along the lines of everything that could have been done to find it was done. They had told us that they were going to tell everyone on staff to be on the lookout for it, but when we went to ask before we left the next day if there were any updates nobody seemed to know what we were talking about . In hindsight I should have asked to talk to the hotel manager if he was there but I was so upset that I didn't even think about it. Thankfully though they had a computer center so we were able to relay the message to our friends and family that we no longer had phones and we had the foresight to make copies of our credit cards before we left so we were able to call and cancel them from the hotel. Just another tip I didn't think of before we left. We were so concerned about incurring high data fees on the trip that we had our data roaming turned off on our phones. Well if you are in another country and you don't have your data roaming turned on the find my iphone feature does not work unfortunately. All in all it was a great trip and we would definitely return to FAC and we plan to return someday and do the trip over again with hopefully a happier ending then this one had.

Room Tip: The upgrade to ocean view is definitely worth it in my opinion. Make sure you get 4th floor or highe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple