Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
GreenLeadersGold level
Scott City, Kansas
“Great Trip”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

All of the staff were very polite and helpful. the wait staff at the pool side and beach side bars never let your drink get empty.

The restaurants all had very good food, but the Italian one is definitely the best and definitely worth the wait to be seated.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tammy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,793)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
rock valley, iowa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just returned from 5 nights at the Condesa. I have been to the Cancun area many times so have different places to compare. Overall this resort is a nice place. The rooms area little plain, but we upgraded to an ocean- view and the view was simply amazing! It cost us an additional $45 a night. You are not in the room much so I was okay with the room itself being a little outdated and blah. The beach is beautiful, as as are pool areas. The entertainment by the pool was just okay, but I have seen more active, dancing, etc but there were games and some music. Like I said earlier, I have been a few places so am just comparing. The drinks I think we're stronger than at some of the resorts. The staff was awesome! They were kind, helpful, and very friendly! The buffet wasn't all that great compared to others I have been at. My daughter who is fussy had a hard time finding a big variety that she would eat. The snack bar during the day was great though! The location was further south on the zone than I normally like to stay, as we took the bus one night and feared our life, therefore, since it was too far to walk, we paid $15 one way to get to the Coco Bongo area. There were some weddings while we were there, and as a resort I think they did an awesome job of setting up for someone's special day! It looked very nice!!! Would I stay here again? Probably not but only because of the location and the food, but the resort itself is nice and if location isn't a factor, and you are not a fussy eater, I would recommend the Condesa! It was clean, well kept, friendly atmosphere, and a great beach!!!

Room Tip: The ocean front view was amazing! Also very easy to access from the pool area without having to go u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank gjrus
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is provide the best experience on the quality of the food and the service. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments like yours, that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that if you want to eat something that we do not have on our restaurants, please let us know, and our Chef will be more than happy to customize a meal for you, if the ingredients are available.

I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future. We are always remain at your service and should you like to put in contact with us for any assistance in the future, we will be very honored to have an opportunity to welcome you back and present to you the significant improvements in F&B area.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Before coming on this trip I read pretty much all of the TripAdvisor reviews regarding this resort and I must say that they are pretty much all true. It was a wonderful time and my boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed it til about the last 24 hours which I will explain at the end. Check-in was a breeze and we got champagne. We arrived around 11:30 am and our room was ready then. We decided to upgrade from a garden view room to an ocean view room with a balcony and king size bed for $30 a night. We were on the 4th floor in the Sun Tower and had a great view of the pool and ocean. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony at night and just unwinding and relaxing after spending the day in the sun. The room was nice and cool but a little humid, however it is a welcome relief compared to the rest of the resort. I felt hot pretty much every where we went since the resort has an open air concept. The room and resort were kept very clean though and we appreciated that. The service was great and we had fun visiting with the staff members. We enjoyed going to La Cevecheria for lunch and the shrimp tacos and the ceviche were our favorites. Jonathan and Jose kept our drinks filled very well. The first night we went to the El Mexicano restaurant and the food was okay. Not bad but just wasn't our favorite. However, we made good friends with Edwuar the bartender there and went back every night to visit him. He was great! The breakfast buffet was good. Lots of options to choose from and I loved the fresh fruit and yogurt bar. It was fun having mimosas at breakfast as well. The second night we went to Kambu restaurant and we loved it. We ordered several sushis and then main dishes. We thought it was great and we loved the open air feeling of the restaurant. The third night we went to Rosato for dinner but unfortunately I was not feeling well that night so we had to leave halfway through our meal. I didn't eat anything but my boyfriend enjoyed the Caesar salad there but did not enjoy the fish he had ordered. The last night we were there we had room service which was good and was so nice how they were very particular in setting it up for us. They took a lot of care and time to set up it nicely. It was very much appreciated after the day we had had. The beach bar was also great and we enjoyed getting drinks there from Armando. He had a lot of fun making us different drinks and shots that we had never heard of. Try the Dirty Banana it is really good. We also enjoyed the pool bar a lot which was open until 7 while we were there so it was nice to go from the beach and sit in the shade of the pool bar and still enjoy some drinks if you weren't quite ready to go to dinner yet. We also enjoyed going to the Lobby bar after dinner. We ate at Kambu one day for lunch and we had the famous Juan Jose (JJ) as our waiter. He was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed him and could see why so many people mention him in their reviews. I also had a massage one day at the beach and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend getting a spa service while you are there. Now for the downside of our trip. Our bag was stolen from under one of the palapas overlooking the beach on our last day there. It had our phones, camera (so disappointing to come back with no pictures from our trip) and unfortunately our credit cards because we had just returned from the gift shop as well as other personal items. We hadn't left it very long so we feel someone must have been watching us. They took the hotel towels as well that we had on our chairs so we feel they used this to wrap the bag into. Obviously it was our fault for leaving it unattended but we felt so safe there that we really didn't think about it too much leaving it for a few minutes. We also realize that this can happen pretty much anywhere. We are also not making any assumptions as to who took it. There were lots of people around so it could have been anyone. The one thing though that got me a little upset is that after security came and took our statement about what happened and everything that was in the bag we never heard another thing from them. Obviously if they had found it they hopefully would have told us but I was hoping to hear something from them before we left the next day saying something along the lines of everything that could have been done to find it was done. They had told us that they were going to tell everyone on staff to be on the lookout for it, but when we went to ask before we left the next day if there were any updates nobody seemed to know what we were talking about . In hindsight I should have asked to talk to the hotel manager if he was there but I was so upset that I didn't even think about it. Thankfully though they had a computer center so we were able to relay the message to our friends and family that we no longer had phones and we had the foresight to make copies of our credit cards before we left so we were able to call and cancel them from the hotel. Just another tip I didn't think of before we left. We were so concerned about incurring high data fees on the trip that we had our data roaming turned off on our phones. Well if you are in another country and you don't have your data roaming turned on the find my iphone feature does not work unfortunately. All in all it was a great trip and we would definitely return to FAC and we plan to return someday and do the trip over again with hopefully a happier ending then this one had.

Room Tip: The upgrade to ocean view is definitely worth it in my opinion. Make sure you get 4th floor or highe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Katie B
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I took this trip with a friend and we had an incredible time - I thought the food selection at the restuarants on the property were excellent, and everyone was very friendly. The pools were fantastic and the beach very nice. We loved how everything was so open and the little oasis in the center by the rooms was so cool! The water was a little rough the week we were there, but it was warm with a nice sandy beach. The buffet breakfast got a little old by the end of the week, and they didn't serve bacon which was very disappointing. A lot of the area attractions were very close by though and we had no complaints about them. Chichen Itza and the XPlor park are absolutely worth the money and I would go back in a heartbeat. Overall I would definitely recommend this resort to someone looking for a good Mexico vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I did a lot of research before choosing a hotel. I knew I wanted an all-inclusive but other than that I based my choice around my research. Well Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun made that time pay off.

The hotel was gorgeous. It was spotlessly clean with staff members working diligently around the clock to keep it that way. The food was phenomenal. As many reviews state, the Italian restaurant Rosato was incredible. However, it shouldn’t be lost that the buffet was great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and the snack bar by the pool and the tapas bar was a fun alternative for day and night time snacks; and delicious! The pool bar is great – they will always load a little extra into your drinks if you want. There are cascading waterfalls in the pool which gives a calm-friendly top side pool and a party-friendly bottom side pool a cool connection. The beach was beautiful with an accessible sandbar that lets you walk a hundred feet out into the gorgeous water. There is a wait staff on the beach to bring you waters while you lounge.

I got an ocean front room and I highly recommend it. The service at the front desk made our trip by recommending a specific room with a balcony to us. We got to order the (24-hour, included) room service and have fresh fruit and an omelet as we watched the sun rise over the ocean on the balcony. THIS IS WORTH IT!

I went to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun for more of a romantic vacation with my girlfriend and I could not have imagined a better place for us to go. I might not recommend this place to spring-breakers. But as a 22 year old I had a great time as a young man at this hotel. We played cornhole by the pool and the pool bar was a lot of fun. The hotel is very family friendly as well. There were a fair amount of young kids, but there are areas at the hotel that keep the kids separate from having their time ruined by, or getting in the way of anyone else’s time.

Room Tip: Trip would not have been as good without the room we had. Get an Ocean Front room with a balcony! Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Everything you would want in a getaway. Beauty, nature, sea, infinity pools, culture, excellent food. Michael Jackson show was great and had a lot of fanfare. This place has pristine beauty and felt like we were on a remote tropical island of our own! No need to leave the resort.. Great for couples, but for young people the event planners take groups out to Coco Bongo and Mandala.

Room Tip: stayed in room facing the lagoon with great views of the sunset.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank tejchande2
Laddonia, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We traveled to this resort in March. We chose this resort based on the reviews we read. This was my 9th trip to Cancun and this resort was by far the worst. We were told it was a family resort. We stayed during Spring Break with our 14 year old son and there was absolutely nothing in the way as entertainment for him. We were so disappointed. The breakfast buffet was good and the snack bar around the pool always had something we liked but the evening meals were not good. After filling out our email survey when we returned home we were told they would like to give us 2 free nights in a VIP suite. I have emailed them 3 different times to discuss this and have yet to hear back from them. Very poor service. The grounds and beach are beautiful but if you are planning on taking an only child I would look else where.

• Stayed March 2013