“Amazing Staff”

GreenLeadersGold level
lake tapps
“Amazing Staff”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at FACC April 8-14th. I went with my two teenage daughters and a friend with her teenage daughter. I emailed Mr Kirwan requesting our rooms be close together. We were pleasantly surprised when our rooms were available at noon, they were 1 door apart, both with full balconies and stunning views of the beach and pools. What a great first impression! Thank you Mr. Kirwan! The service at FACC is above and beyond anything we have experienced. We came back to our room the first night to find slippers, music playing, a rose on my bed, champaign on ice and a letter from Mr. Kirwan. The entire staff works hard and truly make the FACC our favorite resort. I want to say a special thank you to Rayli who went out of his way to talk to us and bring us special food and drinks. Also Sarahi, Jose and Cladio. ALL the staff were great. There are no reservations needed at the specialty restaurants and we liked that. The food was plentiful and something for everyone. Everything is clean. We did a photo shoot with the photographer on site. We are so glad we did. The pictures are great! If you go with a family, I would recommend the photo shoot. Maybe plan ahead and bring matching clothes??? Although I don't have any complaints on the Cancun resort we stayed at last year, I will be returning to the FACC!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank selake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,793)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
victoria bc
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Make sure you don't go until after the 15th of April its spring break. That was one complaint and the other was the long wait for dinner. The food was good. The beach is fabulous. The rooms are nice average. The spa was beautiful but the pedicure was average nothing over the top . Overall the resort is very nice but I have had visited better resorts in Cancun

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and ask for a balcony they don't all have one
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcey1963
Iowa
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. Check in was easy and we did receive a free upgrade to an ocean front room as we were returning guests. The room and facilities are very clean, the maid service does a wonderful job cleaning and making sure you have fresh towels. The fridge is stocked with diet coke, coke, 7 up, water, Sol beer and Dos XX. If you need something different or they miss your room one day, you can call guest services and they will send someone right up. Our air condition was not working when we arrived, and they sent someone to the room and had it fixed right away. The bar with the fish tacos has the best service, your drink is never empty and the fish tacos are great. We did not eat at the Asian restaurant, but the italian and mexican were both good. My only complaint is that the speciality restaurants were good, but not spectacular. Have stayed in many all inclusives and the food is usually a little better in the specialty restaurants. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be served. The service at the lobby bar was very good and the drinks were good. For beer, the bars have Dos XX regular and amber on tap. The beach area is one of the most beautiful that I have been to in Cancun. Overall it was a great vacation and we will be returning to this resort. Hope this helps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SRRIowa
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

Thank again for your review and your loyalty to our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My best friend and I loved staying here! I have no complaints at all. The room was nice, the food was great and the service was Awesome! We had a great waiter in one of the restaurants, named Juan Jose that was great. He waited on many people everyday, but when we came in everyday, he remembered what we drank without even asking. We had a great waiter in the bar named Felix that we really liked, and the pool side service was the best! We had some great waiters, but we would really like to acknowledge Zurita, Angel and Claudia! They made our stay very fun and memorable. The service was very personable. We would definately recommend this place to our friends, and we will be back!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denitafaye
Windsor, California
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa for 8 days mid April 2013.

We had the best service ever, we travel every 6 months and this was our first stay at this hotel.

Prior to booking our trip I checked out all of the reviews for this hotel which were all positive and we were not disappointed.

We were especially impressed with the quality of service provided. The staff go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of.

Jose Dorantes, the captain at the Kalmia buffet had a complimentary bottle of champagne sent to our room which was very nice.

Our breakfast waiters at the Kalmia, Juan Jose Hernandez Palomec and Marco Cauich provided excellent service they won't even let you carry your plate to the table kind of makes you feel like royalty! Really enjoyed the toasted biscuits with preserves that Marco brought to our table.

Iliana Valdes was our breakfast hostess at the Kalmia and she was always very attentive and very gracious.

The dinner captain Consuelo at the Kalmia was very friendly and also provided us with excellent service, whenever she seen us around the resort she would stop by to see how we were doing.

Silvano Chi our dinner waiter was very attentive and never let our glasses go empty.

There was one more waiter who really stood out his name was Victor Armando he was a temporary employee but he really went above and beyond. I don't eat seafood and one day my husband was eating a shrimp cocktail at the Cerveceria (seafood bar) and Victor showed up with a plate of fries for me to eat and they don't even serve fries at the Cerveceria. I believe he went all the way over to the snack bar to bring me some fries. Wow was I ever surprised!

The hotel and beach are beautiful. There is plenty of room in the pool it never felt crowded and plenty of seating around the pool and the beach.
Not having to make reservations for the on site restaurants is a plus.
The buffet doesn't close until 11pm which is nice, convenient to enjoy a late night snack.

The only downside was having to deal with Alfonso the concierge. When you arrive at the hotel you are usually tired and hungry after the long trip and look forward to reaching your room and relaxing a bit. We were approached by Alfonso right off the bat and he tried to get us to book a appointment to hear a presentation about the vacation points program.
I understand that this is part of his job, but when you politely have to say NO more than once it becomes very annoying and disrespectful. Even after listening to him and politely declining he still insisted that maybe we were not understanding. I took this as a insult to my intelligence, at this point I was starting to feel my blood start to boil. Maybe a little more consideration for the guests who are obviously not interested would be highly appreciated.

Really enjoyed the outside dinner grill by the pool, my only suggestion would be to have some live latin music or even some recorded latin music playing to make it feel more like a fiesta atmosphere.

Do not miss the Michael Jackson show, it was the best!

Hope I don't come across as too critical, but Reyes from the Olympus shuttle service was very rude to us. When we told him that we were not interested in booking any excursions. He said we could call the number on the brochure to find out info about our departure pick up time. We informed him that we were there in order to obtain that info at the requested time and did not wish to call and if he could please give us the information needed. He then informed us that we would have to come back on the day before departure to verify our pick up time. It just seems that if you do not wish to purchase any excursions they do not want to spend any additional time to help you when you were told that this appt. was scheduled to give you your departure info.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brenda L
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here at Fiesta Americana Condesa from May 2 to May 10 and the service here was awesome!! Very much appreciate Felix Martir Puc who works in the lobby bar. Not to single him out, but he was very friendly and always got our drinks super fast. All the servers did awesome too, just dont remember everyones name. I think is name was Efrain, maybe a resturant manager was very friendly, service was always awesome. Danny and Vannesa (including all the pool peeps) were always engaging. These folks made our visit very enjoyable, and we surely will return!!

-Lee

Room Tip: Only thing that was small was the room shower, but we hardley were in there so it didn't matter...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lee v
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We went for 6 days, 11 of us in total, the staff is awesome! Whether it was Pedro at the bar, the wait staff, and Pablo one of the guys who organized a trip to Señor Frogs for us, everyone was accommodating and you could tell they cared about their guests. Pedro remembered our names and was very attentive, and Pablo checked in with us every time we saw him! The fish and shrimp tacos are unreal delish, as well as the rest of the food that was always readily available and fresh. We will definitely return to this resort if we decide to go to Cancun again!

• Stayed May 2013