My husband and I visited this resort in Feb 2013 during a two-week span in which we visited two other resorts in the Hotel Zone. The grounds are lovely, but found our room unexceptional.We overlooked the lagoon (which was nice and quiet at night!), but the balcony was so small, my foot barely fit on it...so there was no sitting outside:-( The room itself could use some updating, and has a very tiny bathroom; the bathtub has high sides, and being on the short side, I came home with large bruises on the inside of both knees. The room was clean, but we did need to request bottled water on occasion. For the most part, the staff was very pleasant and friendly.
The breakfast buffet was acceptable and the service here was among the best we experienced, particularly with Juan Jose and Manuel. We had the fish or shrimp tacos every day for lunch...they were that good! We really enjoyed the Asian restaurant for dinner; we went there twice. We ate one night at the dinner buffet and were underwhelmed, and we tried the Mexican one night and found it so-so comparing it to the other resorts we stayed at this trip, with the service being slow. We had a couple treats at the Sweet Shop, which we enjoyed. The bar was a very popular place...it was hard to find a place to sit and was very noisy; if there was a quiet bar where you could just sit and have a drink along with a conversation, we never found it (and this is something we would have enjoyed.)
Nice beach for walking, which we did. The pool area was lovely and huge, but the towel game was played here, and it was difficult to find loungers earlier in the day. Smoking was permitted by the pool, it appears, so that was a major turn-off. The sports and entertainment group by the pool seemed to sponsor many things, but we found them more attentive to people sitting around that they knew and they would walk past us as we lounged. However, the bar service was extremely good, and always with a smile no matter how busy there were. We went to a couple of the evening shows and they were excellent.
Internet was free, and worked well while we were there in both our room and by the pool; however, they do charge $1.00 per sheet for printing (i.e boarding passes.)
1) we were told at the concierge desk that breakfast was served earlier than it was for the morning that we were leaving; unfortunately, the restaurant opened half an hour later and we had to to gobble our meal.
2) there was a fire LITERALLY across from our room two nights before we left; a section of the thatched roof of the theater was in flames. Fortunately, it was contained, but no one checked on us, and we went home with some smoky-smelling clothes (we decided it wasn't worth packing up everything and moving to another room for just one night, which we might have requested if we were staying longer.)
If we hadn't stayed at the other resorts prior to coming here, this place would have been fine; it would be hard not to recommend it and the price was very good. Lots of families seemed to be enjoying it, so don't let my review keep you from coming here...remember everything people post on here is related to their likes and dislikes!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, Jetsetter, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun
- Cancun Fiesta Americana Resort
- Fiesta Americana Condessa Cancun