“Nice Family Place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Connecticut
“Nice Family Place”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I visited this resort in Feb 2013 during a two-week span in which we visited two other resorts in the Hotel Zone. The grounds are lovely, but found our room unexceptional.We overlooked the lagoon (which was nice and quiet at night!), but the balcony was so small, my foot barely fit on it...so there was no sitting outside:-( The room itself could use some updating, and has a very tiny bathroom; the bathtub has high sides, and being on the short side, I came home with large bruises on the inside of both knees. The room was clean, but we did need to request bottled water on occasion. For the most part, the staff was very pleasant and friendly.

The breakfast buffet was acceptable and the service here was among the best we experienced, particularly with Juan Jose and Manuel. We had the fish or shrimp tacos every day for lunch...they were that good! We really enjoyed the Asian restaurant for dinner; we went there twice. We ate one night at the dinner buffet and were underwhelmed, and we tried the Mexican one night and found it so-so comparing it to the other resorts we stayed at this trip, with the service being slow. We had a couple treats at the Sweet Shop, which we enjoyed. The bar was a very popular place...it was hard to find a place to sit and was very noisy; if there was a quiet bar where you could just sit and have a drink along with a conversation, we never found it (and this is something we would have enjoyed.)

Nice beach for walking, which we did. The pool area was lovely and huge, but the towel game was played here, and it was difficult to find loungers earlier in the day. Smoking was permitted by the pool, it appears, so that was a major turn-off. The sports and entertainment group by the pool seemed to sponsor many things, but we found them more attentive to people sitting around that they knew and they would walk past us as we lounged. However, the bar service was extremely good, and always with a smile no matter how busy there were. We went to a couple of the evening shows and they were excellent.

Internet was free, and worked well while we were there in both our room and by the pool; however, they do charge $1.00 per sheet for printing (i.e boarding passes.)

Two snafus:
1) we were told at the concierge desk that breakfast was served earlier than it was for the morning that we were leaving; unfortunately, the restaurant opened half an hour later and we had to to gobble our meal.
2) there was a fire LITERALLY across from our room two nights before we left; a section of the thatched roof of the theater was in flames. Fortunately, it was contained, but no one checked on us, and we went home with some smoky-smelling clothes (we decided it wasn't worth packing up everything and moving to another room for just one night, which we might have requested if we were staying longer.)

If we hadn't stayed at the other resorts prior to coming here, this place would have been fine; it would be hard not to recommend it and the price was very good. Lots of families seemed to be enjoying it, so don't let my review keep you from coming here...remember everything people post on here is related to their likes and dislikes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HungryandTraveled
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. Our front Guest Service Manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

John Kirwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,766)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leesville, Louisiana
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We loved the Fiesta American Condesa, the staff was fabulous. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make our vacation perfect. Victor A Mateos was exceptionally friendly at the nighttime buffet. He went out of his way to make my husband and i feel special. I would definitley recommend this hotel to others and come back myself. The tacos at the pool side restaurant were one of our favorites. Also the duck in the italian restaurant was fabulous. I would also recommend using the service in the lobby to book your trips. Great place, great food, great beachs, great staff.

2 Thank april d
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations which help all the TripAdvisor community. It is our pleasure to know that your stay was beyond your expectations in the matter of relaxing experience, high level of service and food. Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Cancun.

Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful beach, pool, great Italian restaurant and plenty of property to roam. Only problem is a big problem. The property is aging and the rooms have major air conditioner problems. Our room was wet with heat and humidity.

Room Tip: Ask for a guarantee for a room with a working air conditioner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kent L
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I appreciate your honesty as we are always looking for improvement and exceed guest expectations. Although we find that vast majority of our guests already love the unique personality and ambiance that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun has to offer, inside and out, we agree that it is important to stay fresh. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with additional comments about your stay, which we will certainly use in order to make changes for better and ensure that every guest has the most satisfactory experience.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We travelled to Cancun for a customer appreciation trip along with 450 other couples, and what a time we had!!! The service here was excellent, the staff very friendly and nice. We especially enjoyed Antonio Lopez, who worked in the little coffee shop in the main lobby. What great person, very friendly and funny, made us feel at home. He gave us the "big" cup for our morning espresso - 5 shots!! The only complaint we have is the bed was not very comfy, so sleep was a little difficult. However, the whole of the experience was great - the food fabulous and we enjoyed it so much!! Would recommend to everyone!!!

3 Thank Jason R
Thank you very much for sharing your review and especially for your kind comments about our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 21, 2013

excellent service!! everyone here were very friendly and made this a trip of a lifetime. juan jose hernandez palomec and rene moo ve, victor armando,jose caziove and pedro monzuno were all especially fabulous. they all made our trip more than amazing. we are planning and would love to come back sometime.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank lu e
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2013

It is long overdue to write this review. My family traveled to Cancun first time and stayed at Fiesta Americana last September. The resort had a bit low occupancy, maybe that was the reason that I didn't enjoy the food during my stay. So let's see -

1) Room - needs to get updated. Agreed with other reviewers, the bath tub was set too high. Not very convenient for seniors or little kids. Rooms were at same standard as basic Inns in the States, but with more humidity. Often times I could barely sleep in since the bed was sooooooo damp as I was sleep in the bath tub. It was quite torture for my 4 nights stay. We paid $100 additional per night to update our room to ocean view. That was WRONG decision. We were accommodated to the ocean view room in the corner of the building facing down the swimming pool. But at night, oh man, there was a wedding down in the pool so the music did not stop until 1am!!! The volume was just like the speaker right up to your ear! We had 4 yr-old and 67 yr-old(my mom) along with us and they could not fall into sleep until the wedding ended! We called the reception desk multiple times asking to turn down the music but in vain. After wedding ended, then there was storm. The wind was so strong that it kept beating up the windows and side walls like symphony. So the first night to us was HORRIBLE! Make sure when you stay, don't pick ocean view or at least make sure there was no wedding or rain storm. Finally we requested to change the room and ensured the room was in the middle of the building so we didn't have that much trouble for the rest of stay.

2) Food - I have to say the worst of Mexican food I had was in Mexico!! Even the food truck in NY offers much more tasty mexican food. Beef fajita was unchewable, the tortilla soup was unbelievably salty. I only had some chips and guacamole. That's it. Japanese was aweful, but that was understandable. We are not here for sushi in Cancun. But again, the soup was toooooooooo salty. We had to pour water into soup bowl and dilute it so little one could drink. Breakfast buffet and Italian restaurant are good. Breakfast has wild selections and omelets were made by local eggs which turned out to be delicious. They offers green juice at breakfast which was made of Cactus. Very unique but healthy and tasty. BBQ by the pool and the seafood shack at lunch time are the best. I didn't find fish taco particular tasty as other reviewers, but I had a lot of seafood ceviches and crab soup. Finally there was soup not salty at all!!

3)Service - good service. Though tips are not required but obviously ppl appreciate singles here and there. Tips always go long way.

4)Show - since it was off season, there was not much show at night.

5)Kids club - My 4 yr old daughter loved it! I am planning another vacation and she insisted to go somewhere with kids club. She just enjoyed being around with kids and do a lot of fun activities. If you have little ones, you'd better stay somewhere has kids club so you can also enjoy some quiet time w/o kids with your significant other! Highly recommend!

6) Dessert place at the lobby was not good. Only icecream was okay, the others are below average from my opinion.

Small note, my husband had diarrhea in the last two days so it was quite turn down for our trip in the end. He said it maybe was b/c of water he drank. But he usually has sensitive stomach.

Overall, it was still good memory for us since it was first time we went to Cancun. Very economic for family travel. The pools were pretty and so was the beach. However, if we ever come back to Cancun, we will choose a newer hotel with better food choices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cecil Y
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. I do regret that we did not meet your expectations during the time you spent at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun; please accept my apologies for inconveniences you mentioned in your valuable feedback. I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every person who gives us an honor of being our guest, as part of the group or individual travelers.

Regarding the wedding in house at the moment of your stay, you as the rest of our guests, are very important no matter what is the business source and we care for you as well as for them, they had a programed event which we had to respect taking care that the music was not loud enough to disturb the rest of our guests. I assure you that all your suggestions were taken into consideration, thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion.

Should you consider Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 20, 2013

After a long winter in Minnesota, my husband and I finally got away to enjoy an extremely relaxing seven day vacation at the wonderful all-inclusive fiestamericana condesa cancun. The ocean view room we upgraded to was "front and center" facing the sea (Room 654). Choice of restaurants and miscellaneous poolside grills and the food provided were great. Evening entertainment was also very good and of the caliber that you might experience on a cruise ship. The place was clean and the only complaint was we couldn't find a convenient trash can (yet staff was quick to pick up any used cups and dishes beside us). The pools were spectacular! We can't say enough great things about the people working there who were extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. This staff works hard to please and are deserving of any monetary tip you can spare. We tipped everyone as we heard from other returning guests the so called "tips" we thought were part of the inclusive deal we purchased are minimal, at best. Thanks to the following staff for making our stay wonderful: Sarahi (pool server); Antonio (cafe' bar); Margarieta and Diego (hosts); Juan and Sheila (Asian restaurant); Ricardo (Mexican restaurant); our room attendant and all the salon staff, of whom, unfortunately, I have forgotten their names. We will be back!

2 Thank P A
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding the comfort of your room, our restaurants and for mentioning those members of our team who made a difference and took a great part in creating an unforgettable vacation for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.