“Great Vacation For the Cost!!!!”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fiesta Americana Condessa Cancun was fantastic. The service and people in general were incredible. The food was ok, while the selection might have been a little more varied, the quality was great, and there was almost no wait even at the busier restaurants. Several of the staff went out of their way to get to know us, recognized us on sight, and generally treated us VERY well. For the cost of this resort I would definitely recommend it and we will be back. Having said all that, I would say get a room with a King bed, the twin beds were very hard. All in all I was VERY VERY impressed. See you next year!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlisonC810
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and for mentioning so many positive elements you have experienced in Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments like yours, that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned from the Fiesta Americana Condesa hotel.
As I always do, I will break this down to the good and not so good!
First the good: Service was awsome, friendly, helpful staff, polite and always ready to please. We felt like royalty. Rooms were immaculate, cleaning service twice daily, upon our return from dinner at night, we would find that the maid had been by, bathroom was refreshed, and all towels changed. Soooo nice to have fresh towels again for the morning! Bed's were comfortable, duvets as apposed to bedspreads, Room was spacious and we had everything we needed. Mini bar replenished daily and they always left more then enough water!
Now for the food: Restaurants were the best we have ever experienced in an all inclusive, to the point that upon return we are on diets! Lots of choice in the 2 buffets, a la carte restaurants were great, including italian, asian, and mexican. The italian is a must!!!! a 4 diamond restaurant. This resort was not always an all inclusive, so the restaurants and chefs are top notch! Drinks are very good, you do not pay extra for the premium brands. Ex. if you want absolute vodka, just ask for it. If you want bacardi dark, just ask, if you don't you will obviously just get the local brands. They have almost everything you could want.
The layout of the resort is very well designed, everything is very close and convenient. If travelling with children, you don't have to walk miles to get from lobby to your room, or room to the beach, etc. etc. restaurants are all close. Also I forgot to mention when talking about food.... NO RESERVATIONS required!!! Yahoo.... No lineups at 9am in the morning, hoping to get into your favorite restaurant. Just show up and they seat you! You may have a little wait for the italian, but well worth it, they never turn you away.
Now the not so good: Only one comment, if travelling with small children, althought the beach is absolutely beautiful, the water all along the beach in Cancun is rough, with strong tides. So either be prepared to be with them in the ocean at all times, or spend your time at the pool. On the flip side the lifeguards are great and not just hanging out! They are patrolling the beach at all times and do not hesitate in letting you know that you are too far out or out of bounds.
I would be comfortable recommending this hotel to anyone. You may ask how picky am I??? Well I once stayed in a hotel that lady Di stayed in and found it so/so!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, ocean front if possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank LouNewcarlisle

We all at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the food, drinks and especially the service from all of our staff.

We will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We needed a last minute getaway during spring break. We stayed 3-22 to 3-26. Went through Funjet because we wanted a charter flight, were given a few choices. We chose the FACC based on the reviews here on tripadvisor. We are so pleased that we did.
Our transfers were stress free thanks to Charlie at Lomas travel. He offered good advice for our trip and excellent service.
We emailed in advance requesting a walk out balcony. We were given room 616 in the Luna tower. Lovely clean room, king bed with a long narrow balcony with views of the ocean, resort and endless pools. It seemed to get the most sun. There are 3 towers. The Sea Tower directly faces the sea, The Luna Tower is on the North, and the Sol Tower on the South. The west view of the Nichupte Lagoon at the front of the resort is awesome as well. The pools and two of the restaurants are in the middle of this horseshoe shape.
All the towers have the feature of an open airway entrance to your room in the middle, with luscious plants towering to the top. Our last day it poured rain and despite not getting wet , it was like being in a rain forest. This was a perfect size resort for us, not too big and not too small.
We enjoyed all the restaurants - great food, service, and presentation. Good food is important to us in an all-inclusive. Our favorite was the fish tacos and shrimp cocktails at Cevicheria.

We never had to wait for anything but the elevator! The Luna Tower elevator was broken several times, that item could use a good overhaul. We used the stairs, the exercise was good for our over indulging.
There were 3 shows on the 4 nights we were there. Excellent entertainment.
This resort is so beautiful and clean. Every employee seems proud and happy to be there.
We have been to Mexico 7 times and never stayed at the same place twice. Hubby decided we will start a new family tradition of a holiday away at Christmas and we are seriously considering staying here again.
Thank You Fiesta Americana Condesa!
Can’t wait to be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 508donnaa

Dear Team members from FAC,

Thank you for the wonderfull experience you have given to my family at your resort, this is (for me) the best value for your money at any all inclusive resort in the carbians including Mexico and Cuba that we have ever been... Clean, not too big, not too small resort, great beach, excellence service and most of all the best food you will experience for the money... Garanteed! Belive me (unless you are very picky or unsatisfiable!) you will be satistified at FAC... We had a great time thanks to all of the team members and the management staff....WOW!!!

Room Tip: chose a room in the superior deluxe suite.. Worth the money!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's our pleasure to know that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun met with your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service, there is nothing as rewarding as hearing our guest saying Wow! in return to our effort.

We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have been coming to the Condesa so many times I have lost count. Each trip is a wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone. Normally my husband goes with us, but this time it just my two sisters and myself. What a great time we had! It was good to see our old friends, Felipe, Fabrizio, Mr. Ku, Jose Luis, Mauricio, Rodolfo, Hercules, and Claudio and to meet new ones Rayli, Angel, Auriga, Zurita, Juan, Freddy and Marco and Jose. The food was outstanding, especially at the Rosetta where Javiar took very good care of us. The fried ice cream at the Asian Resturant was delicious. Service at the pool and all the resturants was exceptional. I have been asked why we always stay at the Condesa. The reason - because of the service and the friends we have made over the years. You don't get the same level of service in the States that you get at the Condesa. Our room was clean and was the one my sister had requested.(Thank you Freddy) Great view of the ocean, with the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. If you are looking for a nice, clean all-inclusive where you are pampered, the Condesa is the place for you!

3  Thank Peg939

Thank you for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. We strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and recommendations, we all are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had a great time at this resort. Went with family for spring break. There was 8 of us and never had to wait more than 15 minutes at any restaurant for dinner. Service everywhere was excellent. Lots of choices for lunch including the infamous fish and shrimp tacos at the outdoor restaurant.They truly were excellent. The resort also set up a grill every day by the pool and cooked up something different every day. Pool service was excellent. Our favorite server was Jose who worked the pool area and lobby bar. The coffee shop servers don't get enough credit. They do an excellent job serving from morning to late evening. The entertainment staff was a lot of fun doing different activities everyday for kids and adults. Shout out to Ivan who just started working there. He did great at getting people involved. He will be a great asset to the resort. The kids club leaders were also real nice and kept the kids entertained. The egg hunt on Easter Sunday was a nice touch.

Couple negatives that did not impact our vacation but could be improved upon and I know this has been mentioned in the past, the pool water is TOO cold. Not all the rooms have balconies, which we did not have and truly missed early mornings and after getting ready for dinner. Make sure to ask for one if this matters to you. You must play the save the chairs game by the pool especially this time of year when it is so crowded. We are early risers so not an issue for us. Don't be a jerk and come down at 11:00 and expect chairs right around the pool and get mad when none are available and start moving other peoples stuff around. Saw that more than once. Can't sleep in and get prime seats. Last thing is the beds are pretty uncomfortable. Very hard.

We would definitely stay at this resort again. Had a great time!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to request a balcony. Not all rooms have them.
1  Thank Karen T

Thank you very much for taking your time and giving us your review to many of the services we have to offer to our guests. I'm very grateful for your comments about work of our team members; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and suggestions. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is my 13th time to an all inclusive. I was at FAC last week with my friend and 4 daughters between us. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed like old friends by Lucia working at the front desk. This level of service did not change one bit from every employee at the resort. I booked here based on the service as reviewed on trip advisor. We were definitely not dissapointed!! Right from day 1 with the exceptional service of Claudio and Jose serving beachside. In all my travels I have never come across more variety of different places to eat and what they all have to offer. Just lying looking at the ocean all of a sudden someone will come by with carts filled corn on the cob, vegetable cups, popsicles, etc.. The list is to long but this is all from your pool chairs. As well as big BBQ 's pool side going all day with all kinds of seafood, beef, chicken, pork , burgers, hot dogs and anything else you can't grill! Pedro and the boys and the fish taco hut were amazing. I find it hard to believe that one reviewer wrote he got sick from a fish taco. Not only did we all eat at least 2 a day almost everyone who came into the resort went straight there for the tacos as well. Not one person I spoke to all week complained of being sick. You would see a couple of people being sick during the day but it was from trying to consume as much free alcohol as you could in one day!! Definitely not from the food! We would have our breakfast every morning at the Japanese restaurant. It was a buffet but your eggs were made to order. I had lox and bagels with cream cheese and capers everyday. At lunch this restaurant turned into a sit down restaurant where you ordered off the menu. I would have grilled veggie sandwiches. They make their own focaccia on site and it was to die! In the evening they served Japanese. We very much enjoyed the appetizers here. We dined in the Italian restaurant twice and the restaurant manager Javier couldn't not have been kinder! All his servers were fantastic and attentive. The beef carpaccio and the gnocchi were my fav but everything was outstanding! We ate at the Mexican restaurant twice as well. I have read on here that they expected more traditional Mexican food but what you have to realize is that the hotel is catering mostly to Americans. One of the best dishes quite frankly I have ever had at any resort was here, it was the goat cheese and water melon salad with a sweet tomato jam on top! It was so amazing that when the chef came out to see how was our meal I asked him for the recipe! Efrain the restaurant manager couldn't have been kinder or more attentive if he tried. He made us wonderful desserts that you wouldn't get in any 5 star restaurant. He should be very proud of Salvador and Luis and the level of service they provide! The food and beverage manger Alejandro has done an amazing job hiring staff with this level of service! He is an asset to this resort for sure! I have never eaten more at any resort I have ever been to and thats a lot ! We only ate at the Buffett one time the night we arrived. Quite honestly the restaurants are just to good to turn down. I find it hard to believe that anyone could complain about the lack of good quality food here! On a different note I have to commend the life guards here. The waves are very high here and really people should not be trying to ocean swim. You can still play in the water but you have some people who think they know better and try to swim out even tho the life guards are standing right there whistling you back. One man ignored the warnings and sure enough swam to far out and got caught in the current. I did think i was witnessing a for sure tragedy! A life guard names Saud swam like an Olympic swimmer throughout the waves and beat the jet skis to the struggling man. I live on the ocean in Vancouver and have never seen a more capable lifeguard ever!! I would feel very safe knowing lifeguards of his caliber were looking out for me! I would go back to FAC in a second and honestly I don't say that about many resorts. Yes could the bathrooms be a better design but hopefully you won't spend much time in there! We had 3 deluxe sunset lagoon rooms, they were spacious and the view of the sunsets unbeatable. The maids worked hard to keep everything spotless! I would have some mimosas during the day and a stoli lemon drop martini befor dinner. After dinner we would would go back to the lounge and I would sip a sambuca. They seemed to have high end alcohol much more so then other resorts. For me I am more about the food then then the booze. I know this is long winded but I feel as tho this resort was so worth it. I would not hesitate to book here again!

8  Thank smithfamily64

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are happy to know that the efforts of our staff to provide an exceptional service have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the great service that you received during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.