“Delightful Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Delightful Vacation”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This resort was everything we'd hoped for. Have been to Cancun/Cazumel 6 times and this resort ranks at the top. Attentive, friendly staff, great food, choice of many restaurants, lovely rooms with comfortable beds, family-friendly, quiet at night, plenty of beach chairs (with or without shade), gorgeous landscape, and breath-taking view of the ocean. We definitely will make plans to go back! Thank you Fiesta Americana Condesa! A special thank you to Andres, Manuel, Mauricio, Javier, and Julia!

Room Tip: We chose a garden view to save money, but still had a good side view of the ocean!
2 Thank Kristi I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,779)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Victor Armando a waiter at the kalmia restaurant deserves praise for going above and beyond! He offers incredible service and makes you feel like an mvp! All of the personnel should be like him! The hotel is awesome!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Shinnuu
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This resort was top notch! The experience and ambiance of this resort was truly amazing. A special shout-out to some of our favorite staff Ivan, Manual, Carlos, Alex and Eduardo who made our stay very pleasant and relaxing. All the restaurants were top notch, enjoyed the food especially the fish tacos! We were pampered from the time we walked onto the resort. We loved that by our 2nd day on the resort the staff knew when we walked in what our favorite drinks were and already started making them. The entertainment during the day by the pool was made to entertain all ages from corn hole to contests in the pool and the nightly entertainment was fantastic... from a fire show, Michael Jackson Tribute and a Caribbean Show. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandy C
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor readers, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food, the activities around the hotel and specially the great service provided by our staff. I have already passed my congratulations to Ivan, Manuel, Carlos, Alex and Eduardo for the exceptional service provided to you.

We really appreciate your review and recommendations, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We can stay anywhere in the world, but the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun is our favorite. Excellent food, drinks and entertainment. We love the gorgeous pool and pool bar. Oliver and Johnathan are outstanding bartender there. Beautiful marble floors throughout the resort. Excellent spa. This resort is located in the hotel zone in Cancun, but the sits back a good 1/4 mile from the road. You don't hear any traffic and its gated. We always feel very safe. The beach is absolutely breath taking and very clean. I can't say enough about it, and yes we will be back!

4 Thank Fedexsmith
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Myself, my wife, and 10 other parents brought 44 senior high students here for spring break. We're actually still here. Although the resort advertises that it does not cater to "spring breakers" you would certainly think that they would have different forms of entertainment not only for the younger crowd but also but us adults aren't yet in wheel chairs. However they do not. No live music in the evenings or things to do during the day for that matter. God help you if the weather isn't nice because then the only thing you will do is trap yourself in your room because Nothing is going around the resort to keep you entertained. Just saying, if you're not a senior over 60 yrs old or a family bringing kids here younger then 16, I wouldn't recommend this resort. Furthermore the wifi service is the terrible unless you are hanging around the fron

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DMDSTL
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and your comments from your recent stay with us. I do apologize, if we failed to provide you a complete detailed information regarding the different activities at our resort upon your arrival in order to avoid this inconvenience.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that we have different activities almost all day long and for all ages, starting from 9:30 am till 5:00 pm the entertainment staff provides fun and sports activities like yoga, dance lessons, water aerobics, pool and beach volleyball.

On the evening, the entertainment starts at 9:00 pm with the show at the theatre, every night we have a different show performed by professional dancers, Circus Show, Michael Jackson Show, Caribbean Show, etc., and twice a week we offer a Mexican/Caribean dinner-show at the pool area. After the show, we have live music at the lobby bar, starting at 10:00 pm, with a different live band, every night.

If you have kids, the Fiesta Kids is open from 9:30 am till 7:00 pm, with a lot of activities indoor and outdoor for kids from 4 to 11 years old.

Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Holmen, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I travelled with another couple at the end of March for 6 days. We loved it here and had a great time for the most part. This place is small and not overly busy which was great! We never had any trouble waiting in lines to get food or drinks or chairs on the beach...here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
1. excellent service by the staff! They were always friendly and accommodating! We loved Alex, Noe and Jonathan as they were by far the best bartenders! I wanted a dirty martini and they were able to accommodate with a smile!
2. the food was really good especially the Italian restaurant. But equally great buffets and snack bars!
3. great beach and pool areas! The beach was one of the best around as we noticed while walking up and down the shoreline. There are plenty of chairs and space. The pool bar was awesome, the water was warm and the drinks were a plenty!
4. good location...lots of shopping and whatever, just had to jump on a bus and get to what you needed getting to.

CONS (more like suggestions)
1. it states that the Fiesta Americana Condesa STRONGLY discourages spring breakers but not strongly enough in my opinion...a very large group of 18 year olds arrived at the beginning of the week and they took over every bar, they were loud and very ungrateful. It was the least fun of our vacation. I will never book around spring break again.
2. the beach chairs were very uncomfortable...would be nice to have a cushion...something like the chairs around the pool.
3. the beach bar could be expanded as it was always a great place to be but could use more sitting.
We would definitely stay at The Fiesta Americana again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jenny W
I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,
Bronx, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a very good choice in Cancun.
The positives are: The place is spotless. Every place you look there is someone cleaning. I was in room 642 and there was no humidity odors. The workers are so friendly. My choice for restaurant dining is Kambu next to the pool. I had all three meals here. Buffet for breakfast and a la carte for lunch and dinner. The mexican restaurant for dinner is also a fine choice. There is a line for Rosato every night but I do not know why. Both dishes that came to my table left a lot to be desired. Kalmia is buffet style all day and was good but not as good as Kambu. The snack bar is a deep fried eaters paradise. Cervicheria is another fine choice. As others have said the fish tacos hit the spot. Overall very good dining choices. The beach is very clean but the water is on the rough side. People do the towel game to hold chairs both on the beach and at the pool so get up early for the choice spots. Chairs are available through the day.
Now the negatives. None were deal breakers in my book but be aware of them since they may be deal breakers for you. The rooms have either a king bed or two full size beds. Full size is too small for two adults. I felt as if I was sleeping on a cliff so I slept in the other bed. The bathrooms are small but that didn't bother me at all. The tub is a bit higher to get into so be careful and anyone with mobility issues may have a problem. The AC is on the low side so if you like it like a meat storage locker this one is not for you. I went in March so it was ok. If you go in the summer it may be an issue. The furniture and decor is dated but I only use the room to sleep so I didn't care. I think the negatives are minor issues so go and have a blast. All age groups well represented.

Room Tip: High floors offer views.
2 Thank onthebeach1