“Time of my life”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bronx, New York
“Time of my life”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this resort from March 10-15. We are in our late 20's and had a blast. The food was excellent and the service was top notch. Although beds are hard that was the least of my worries. The drinks and atmosphere was great. Pool bar was the best, Pedro was the man! Also shoutout to Hilda who was the most sweetest person ive ever met. Pool was excellent , clean and beach was beautiful, If I could go back tomorrow I would, This hotel is top notch , If i could give it a 10 star rating I would!

Room Tip: Ocean view room in the Sol tower is the way to go
7 Thank Amanda C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,779)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tell City, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved the atmosphere of this hotel ! Many pools/hot tubs.Beautiful beach. Many different restaurants to chose from being all inclusive.Italian,Asian,Mexican,International,etc Buffet breakfast,dessert/snack bars,and all inclusive Bar.Everyone was just so friendly and courteous. Nightly entertainment and many activities thru out day. We will definitely be back next year!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank GinaPowell-Young
GB WI
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just got back yesterday after going for 6 days with two other couples. Like many reviews state, the property is in prime location, therefore older. If you don't look too deep, it seems pretty nice, but when you start to notice details, areas of the resort including rooms could use a quality re-do. The food however was much better than we have had at other resorts we've stayed at in Cancun and Playa del Carmen, major plus. Just like any place you go, some of the employees appear to really enjoy their job and it shows in their service. Others you can tell just aren't that into it, fine. I thought the staff did a decent job balancing out a family environment with allowing some of the spring breaker groups to still have their fun. Dany was an exceptional staff member who displays true energy for what he does as one of the staff members assigned to the pool area for group activities - our group loved him! Other items of mention, be careful when getting involved in a conversation at the concierge stand, one morning we went to ask about the best time to head down to the market and somehow Alfonso turned it into an RCI sales pitch, can you say "Timeshare"?? After we abruptly ended that conversation it was awkward when we'd then see him in passing. Also, there was a day when two of the three pool toilets were out of order and there did not seem to be a huge rush to get them fixed (did I mention the pool area was packed?) Our last night we went to eat at the Mexicana restaurant and were told we needed to wait a few minutes for a table of six, absolutely no problem.. Until a group of 6 French people come in AFTER us and basically tell the hostess they won't wait and rudely walked over to a table they were setting up for US and sit their butts down... Luckily, we got our food order in before them, but that was a major irritant.
One of the positives for our group was the lobby bar. It was a good evening form of entertainment if you just wanted a couple drinks and to hang out around other people but not wanting to go clubbing with the kids. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Fish Taco bar, several times daily :-)
The wait staff around the pool did a fabulous job keeping everyone with a drink in hand. It was also nice that they had housekeeping come around in the evenings with extra towels and water if you wanted, that was a touch I didn't expect.
In the end the group I was with decided we did like it enough to return, if the price was right like it was this time. We stayed in the Sun tower which backs up to a major spring break party hotel, so that was a downfall (watching guys pee off their balcony to the balcony below) but the resort did accommodate our request to have our three guest rooms close to each other so I guess that was a trade off. I would just request a room in the moon tower next time. Also the workout room was nice compared to what you see in most hotels. Overall we had a great time with our group and the positives out weighed some of the not so great aspects.

Room Tip: Do not get a Sun Tower room that faces the back of the resort, this is where you will face the Grand...
6 Thank jeno2747
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and especially your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments like yours, that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. We will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan
Omro, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the FACC in mid-March. Overall it was a pleasant experience. The positives that really stand out in my mind were the food, size of the rooms, beautiful grounds and pool area, always enough chairs, even during peak spring break season, and many of the staff members that were extra nice and hospitable.

We have stayed at several other all inclusive resorts and food-wise, this place is excellent. The buffet lacked variety, especially breakfast, but the other restaurants made up for it. We had the fish tacos a few days, which my husband loved. I liked them, too, but to me they were not above average. The Asian and Mexican restaurants were excellent and definitely my favorite. The Italian restaurant I did not care for.

Our room was a garden view king. I emailed my kind request ahead of time and it was honored upon our arrival without asking. We had a decent ocean view from our balcony, which had a table and two chairs. The railing was a little sketchy. The room itself was huge! The bed was extremely uncomfortable and hard. The bathroom was far below average and needs a complete overhaul. The air conditioning was pathetic. Probably the worst of any resort I've stayed at.
The pool area was gorgeous and there were many pools. I read many reviews prior to our trip talking about the cold water temperature and I thought that was a silly complaint but holy cats, it was COLD! You literally could not stand to be in the water for more than 5 minutes because it was so cold. I don't understand how it could even be that frigid when it has sunlight on it for a good portion of the day. Needless to say the only time we used the pools was to jump in and cool down after sunbathing and then immediately get back out.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this resort to others. For what we paid I was a little disappointed with a few things but nothing that would keep me from coming back (for a cheaper price of course).

4 Thank jodathechoda
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed there with a group of 20 for 7 days and got married there. Our ages were mostly mid to late 20s.

Pros-
-Food was overall pretty good. Buffets are mediocre per usual but all of the restaurants were very good. Like most other reviewers we loved the fish tacos at the ceviche bar (also the best service) The coffee bar was good too for a snack or ice cream.
-Pools were very nice, other reviewers complained that they were not heated, while chilly at first, I swam in it everyday, along with a lot of other people. The swim up bar was packed everyday.
-Plenty of chairs available at the pool and beach
-We used the baby sitters 4 out of the 6 nights and they were amazing. It was nice to have dinner while I knew my one year old was being WELL taken care of.
-Lobby bar was fun and we ended up there most evenings
-The entertainment staff was really nice and we had fun at the shows (Michael Jackson, Circus, and Magic show)
-I loved the room service and ordered it usually once a day mostly for breakfast. Really fast too under 30min
-Spa was amazing, while my massage was just ok, the facility was very nice and relaxing, definitely exceeded my expectations. It was hard to book it maybe they need a larger staff.
-The mini fridge in our room was stocked daily
-Maid service was exceptional, they cleaned our room usually twice or three times a day and came by in the afternoons with fresh fruit and chocolate, never had a problem with the in room safes.
-The grounds were well taken care of and very clean.
-Most of the staff was very nice going out of there way for you for what ever you needed, especially the kids club staff, all of the bartenders and entertainment staff.
-I felt very safe there, there was always someone at the gate monitoring who came in.

CONS
-Check in was AWFUL. They were extremely rude and treated us horrible. We booked through a third party (apple vacations) and were sent some documentation in the mail. When I asked apple if we needed it for travel or check in they said no. So as told, we did not bring it. While arriving a man standing at top of the stairs asked our names and crossed them off the list before walking us over to the check in desk. They asked for or papers from apple which we did not have and threw a huge fit, telling us they would not check us in without it. Even though they knew that we were staying there and getting married there, they told us to go to the computer lab and figure it out. It was extremely frustrating after traveling all day, I know it was part apples fault for telling us we did not need them but you should not treat guests of your hotel that way. We never did end up getting the documentation so they just allowed us to check in anyway(after an hour) It was a horrible way to start our vacation.
-The beds were hard and the tile was slippery in the rooms. My room which was supposedly an upgrade didn't even have a balcony and others in my group had better rooms (that were not upgraded)
-All of the bars close early, it would be nice if they had one area open late.
-The elevators on our tower were broke everyday except one. Which would be fine since there are only sever floors, except that we had a stroller with us so it was impossible to take the stairs unless we had two people (one to carry the stroller one to carry the baby) We ended up using the service elevator often which had none of the buttons labeled, so it was a gamble what floor you would end up on.
-Eating at the restaurants was hard with a big group. You are not allowed to make reservations, yet when you go to eat, the wait is two hours and they split you up anyway. By the end of the trip we learned to just have one person from the group go down an hour or two before we wanted to eat to put our name on the list.
-And the worst part of my trip was our wedding coordinator messed up our wedding big time. It was the only reason we were all there and she forgot to give the officiate our vows and ceremony script. I don't like to think about it because I still get upset and my husband and I don't even feel like we really got married because of it. We spent months writing them for nothing. She was very nice and tried to make up for it but I don't think anything could. It is just very disappointing.

Overall I think that the check in and the mess up with my wedding left a bad taste in my mouth but the resort was very nice and I would probably go back, also the price was right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Meglitward
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

How on earth this hotel has a high rating, if far beyond our belief! The room was original from 1970's. The front door to our room was so warped that it didnt close properly and the safety lock was broken off.The closet doors all had big gouges from where they had been rubbed and bumped over the years. All the cabinetry was all banged up and in dire need of replacement. The bathroom.... What an atrocity. The shower was hit and miss to get warm water, never mind HOT. The sliding glass doors had been puttied into place MULTIPLE times. Filthy and looked like it hadnt been scrubbed in years! The toilets are so low and the water level so high..... gentlemen will understand. The bed wasnt bolted to the wall so it would slide out. By morning time, we would be in the middle of the room!The food was worse than two stars that we have stayed at prior. The mixed drinks were undrinkable. Our margaritas came with NO tequilla, just mix! There is no where to sit outside in the shade ANYWHERE! The only air conditioned spaces are in your rooms. When we were at the restaurant, people would open the doors to let a breeze in but the staff would quickly close them.... STUFFY!
The only saving grace to this whole trip was ONE server! His name was Renee! He tried making us feel at home and gave us the best service under the provided conditions. He was there morning, noon and late night only to serve us breakfast in the morning!
I would be embarrassed to recommend this resort. The trip to this resort was free because of a business trip, but we would never stay here for free again!

Room Tip: Find a different resort!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank ColdInCalgary129
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay with us. Although many travelers find Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun to be a great place for romantic and relaxing getaway, with excellent food options and outstanding service, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

Once again please do accept my apologies and do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I traveled in late February for 6 nights. The arrival and check in was a bit of a challenge since we had to shift our trip by 4 nights due to an expired passport.... (hint, check the dates!). Susanna at check in was extremely knowlegable and helpful, but it was still a slow process due to our dates changing. They clearly tried their best, and we appreciated it. The approach to the resort and the giant palapa they you enter through is amazing! Lobby was beautiful, and we were given the choice of upgrading. They showed us a large suite that would be about $800 more for the stay, and it was on the first floor, right on the beach. We declined, and actually LOVED the location of our original room. Looking at the resort from the beach we were in the left wing (Sun tower?) and the view was perfect. The resort is older, but the bonus is the amazing amount of plants. When you leave your room you are overlooking an atrium FULL of palm trees and plants. The size of the resort is perfect, in my opinion. Large enough to have the four/five dining choices, but you don't have to walk a mile to your room.

Room: Nice enough.... I liked how the vanity was seperate from the bath/shower....it made the room very open. The shower is very small, and is raised off of the floor, so if you have any mobility issues, you would need the suite with an easier shower. Our balcony had two chairs, and we had indicated that this was a big priority. It was a shared balcony, but we never saw our neighbors. The slider didn't lock, and we had to ask twice to have it fixed, but it was fixed on the second try. Everyone is right, the beds are just hard. I mentioned it to our concierge, and he sent housekeeping with another "pad", and I discovered that the mattress itself was actually softer without the pads... strange. So we removed them, and she remade the bed and it was okay. I'm a soft bed lover, but my hubby was fine with it.

Service everywhere was fantastic! Rayli at the beach and pool was excellent. We bring $200 in fives and ones, and we make sure they know we appreciate their time and attention. Jonathon at the Cevicheria... so attentive and could spin/flip liquor bottles like crazy. The fish tacos ARE excellent, and you can order them with corn tortillas instead of flour, which was nice. The hot ceviche is really hot, so be careful. No one had mentioned that they set up a grill near the pool and have grilling going during the day, and right next to it, a nicer lunch entree (one day was grilled chicken and rice, another day paella with mussels, calamari, etc.) We never ate as a couple at the buffet (Kalmia), although one night I went in to have a salad and it all looked just okay.

The restaurants were VERY GOOD. Rosario is a wonderful experience... sauces artistically drizzled, the best ceasar dressing I have ever had, and the lasagna was positively devine with pesto, bechamel AND bolonnese sauces. Roberto was our server(EXCELLENT), and we used an upgrade for a bottle of wine two nights. The duck is excellent. Two problems: trying to figure out how to get a table (put your name on the list and THEN go up and shower if it is amost 6 ish), and also, the temperature. In February the restaurant was HOT, so I can't imagine as it warms up.

The Mexican restaurant was a wonderful surprise, as well as the Asian. We rotated between the three and the food was excellent. The sevice in the Mexican was better than the Asian, but you aren't in a hurry, and they take such pains to place your napkin, and make you feel pampered. The poblano soup....yum! Oh, and the Red Curry Shrimp at the Asian... delicious and beautiful!

We have stayed at Casa Magna Marriott (2 resorts up the beach), and Golden Parnassus, and Playacar Palace in Playa del Carmen, and this was our favorite so far because of the mix of facility, dining options, and fun. I am 45, he is 56, and it was just enough of "Cancun", with a bigger dose of classy and gourmet food. I will say that the English skills of some of the wait staff can result in some miscommunication, so just ask them to sort of tell you what you asked for. It saves confusion in the end.

If you are wondering to book this.... I say yes. If you've already booked, take sunscreen, ones, and enjoy every minute! Have a fish taco for me with the chipotle sauce! Oh, and some guac, salsa and chips looking out over the PERFECT blue water and sand. Is it December yet? Planning our next trip....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple