“We fell in love with this hotel!”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Bronxville, NY
“We fell in love with this hotel!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

They had us from the first "Hola" We've traveled to many spots around the world and this
experience was right up there with the best. It was even more than we expected and we're
pretty particular. The service from everyone who works there was amazing. Like the song
from "Cheers" if you want to go where everybody knows your name, this is the hotel. Special
shout outs to Henry, Sylvano, Herculo, and Juan for their great service. The best. The room
was great. Sea Tower,sixth floor with a full balcony and a wonderful view of the grounds,
the ocean and beautiful sunrise every morning. Room service was wonderful. We'd start
the day with coffee, juice, yogurt, and it was there in less than fifteen minutes. The breakfast
buffet every morning was great. Watch your omelet being made. Fresh fruit etc.With four
restaurants, the food choices were endless and not a bad meal in seven days. A delicious
red snapper in the Mexican restaurant on New Years Eve. Great sushi and fish dishes in
the Asian restaurant, loved the Kambia buffet and a really five star meal in the Italian
restaurant. It's popularity and smaller size makes getting in a little tricky but keep trying
or go early. It's well worth the trouble. A shout out to whoever designed this hotel. It's
beautiful inside and out, and, unlike two giant hotels on either side, the Fiesta Americana
Condessa has the warmth, look and charm of Mexico. The New Year's Eve party for the
guests with champagne, fireworks etc was great. The beach was spotless, the bar
service super and everything about this hotel, just impeccable. Did I mention we can't
wait to go back again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Go for the full ocean view with a full balcony. It costs a little more but you'll love the view...
5 Thank NYDavid30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,793)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We just returned from an amazing 7 day trip to Fiesta Americana Condessa in Cancun. My wife and I are relatively young and we took our 8 year old with us. A special thanks to John Kirwan and Freddy Morales for making this an incredible trip for our family. The resort itself is beautiful, well kept, with nice mediterranean architecture throughout. The pool is beautiful, expansive and lagoon style, facing the ocean and very convenient for families with kids, yet more than suitable for adults who want their own space. The beach, sand, and sea are all breathtaking and unparalleled. The staff at this hotel is outstanding overall. Notables for us during our trip were Fabricio (the Chief Concierge) and Angel (in charge of the Cafe in the lobby). Both made us feel at home and went the extra mile to make sure all our needs and wishes were attended to.

The food overall was good considering it is an all inclusive. Fish tacos by the pool were a good choice as many reviewers have noted. It all depends on a person's taste and what they like. I have read reviews that consistently praised the Italian restaurant to be the best. We found this to be our least favorite. We felt the Asian restaurant, choices and quality of food, was outstanding. The Mexican restaurant was also good, especially the wait staff--they were exceptional. The Cafe in the lobby was a great bonus! The buffet restaurants were adequate, the breakfast buffet was outstanding and had everything anybody could ask for.

Entertainment at the resort was also very good, especially the Michael Jackson Show (the main performer should be performing in Vegas!) and the Circus Show was excellent also. Only negative part of the trip was the wifi connectivity was poor and very spotty throughout the hotel. While it was free, which is a major plus, the connection could be better. Although they did have a separate internet cafe room dedicated for guests which we did not take advantage of.

Overall, an excellent hotel which is very much a luxury type of resort but priced right and to us after doing extensive research of other hotels, prices and having stayed in Cancun on 4 other occasions, the Fiesta Americana Condessa presents the absolute best value in Cancun. We would definitely return again and recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: While tipping is not required, it is always a good idea to tip for great service. We were glad to t...
3 Thank jaylaw333
JohnKirwan, Director General at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay in Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, it will be an honor to have you and your family as our guests again, please feel free to contact us any time for pre-arrival arrangements.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condessa from January 3 -10. I use Trip Advisor to help make our resort decisions, and I have to agree with the high ratings other contributors have provided. We have stayed at many resorts, including a 5 star in the Riviera Maya, 4 star in Puerta Vallarta, and many 4 and 5 star resorts in Cuba, and this resort provides the best service we have experienced to date. Staff possess a "can-do" positive attitude and go out of their way to make your stay a memorable experience. I will list just a few of the individuals that stood out for us and deserve special recognition for their efforts later on, but first just a few highlights that summarize our vacation:

1. Check-in and check-out: the staff was efficient, professional and responsive to our questions. On our last day we had to check out at noon, and yet our bus pick up was only at 7:30pm. Unfortunately we could not have a late check out because the resort was full, but in lieu, we were provided a hospitality room for a quick shower and change, on request and free of charge. This was much appreciated and went a long way to making our return home more comfortable.

2. Food: the quality, flavour and variety of food at this resort is exceptional. Plan to diet afterwards. There is plenty of variety, fresh vegetables and fruit, fish, chicken and meats. Breakfasts are offerred at two facilities; the main buffet area and the Asian restaurant. Lunch time provides the most varieties with the Cervejeria offerring plenty of mexican fish options, such as fish tacos, fried fish, calamari, shrimp cocktails etc, or at the grill by the beach; fries, burgers, tacos, onion rings, chicken wings, chicken fingers (in other words, wonderful fattening pub food), or you can go and have a sit down lunch at the Asian restaurant (during the day it's not an Asian restaurant, but rather carries a variety of options including salads - buffet style, and a menu consisting of pasta, pizza, faitas, grilled fish, etc. The portion sizes are perfect for lunch, and there are enough options to please just about any taste. They seemed to be flexible in meeting specific requests, so don't hesitate to ask. Dinner was offerred at the Asian, Mexican, Italian restaurants and on most nights the buffet. My family's favourite was the Asian restaurant, but the others were very good as well. This hotel offers 24 hour room service with some good options. We ordered chicken quesidallas on the first night at 1:30am and we were impressed with the prompt service and quality.

3. Entertainment and nightly acts - this resort caters to families and therefore it is rather low key when it comes to entertainment. We attended the Michael Jackson show and the Best couple in the world night, and they were ok. Just ok. Events throughout the day include volleyball on the beach, bingo by the pool, latino dancing by the pool etc. The entertainment staff are friendly and non-intrusive. If you're looking for some night-time activities, you'll need to go elsewhere, but there are plenty of options in Cancun.

4. Service - in my opinion, this is the strength of this resort. During our stay, collectively we did not experience one staff member who did not go out of their way to make our stay a positive experience. Their mantra is, "it's my job" and "how can I help you?, "is there anything else I can do for you" We had a number of experiences in which staff came to our assistance without being asked. For example, a painter was in the process of painting the wall adjacent to the wheelchair ramp, which resulted in us having to use the stairs. He came to our assistance in transferring our luggage, without being asked. This resort focuses on the guest, and the result is a positive experience. The bartenders and those serving at the pool and beach area offer their services regularly and promptly. I was often surprised by how quickly I had another drink in hand after ordering one at the beach. They provide premium drinks on request, so don't hesitate to ask.

Special mention:

As mentioned above, all staff provided excellent service throughout our stay, but the following individuals made a special difference: Rodo, Carlos, Nemius at the pool and beach bars. These guys are super friendly and easy going. Also, they work non-stop in filling the thirsty needs of many guests in an efficient way. Francisco, Angel, Angie at the restaurants were exceptional in their service delivery. Ask Francisco to sing for you. He's a hoot. Carlos at the piazza/bakery at the front of the hotel is super friendly and makes great capuchinos. Carolina, the photographer who did our family photos - patient, talented lady who did an amazing job on our family pictures. We didn't expect to take family photos while on holidays, but once we saw the quality and the backdrop, we were sold. This service is costly, but well worth it.

Finally, I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends. I have only been able to scratch the surface on the many positive attributes of this resort. The negative aspects are very minimal and subject to personal preference: firm mattresses which some guests dislike, cool pool (not cold), lack of party atmosphere in the evening.

Good luck and enjoy! I'll be back to the Fiesta.

Room Tip: Ocean views, even if partial ocean views are worth it.
8 Thank WJ617
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our services, activities and facilities. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Regarding the beds, it is my pleasure to announce that we are starting to change all the mattresses at the hotel and the next time you will stay with us you will be more comfortable.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Los Angeles
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent six days at the Fiesta Americana Condesa in Cancun and had a great time...but got off to a rocky start...

First the bad stuff...

I was super upset and anxious when I arrived because I was very adamant that I wanted a hotel with a heated pool. The website says the pool is heated but it is not and someone wrote a huge review complaining about it and I happened to read it the night before we left.

I have a 4 year old and she doesn't like the ocean and I didn't want to spend the whole time in a cold pool...so I came ready for a fight. Then I made the mistake of only getting a one room when we really needed a suite..(my fault!).

So I was having a breakdown when we arrived. I haven't had a vacation in four years and really needed to relax. The hotel was sympathetic and acknowledged their problem with the website-advertised heated pool and offered to upgrade us the second night to a master suite for a additional, but discounted fee. We agreed and having already unpacked..we packed up again the next morning. Sure enough by 1pm when we were supposed to move..the hotel said they had a problem and we couldn't move. I was now really upset because we had been sort of camped out for 24 hours now...so they finally found a junior suite for us and said they would move us while we were at the beach in the afternoon...got back and they gave us the bad news again that they still couldn't move us...so we spent the second night in the one room. I was really fit to be tied by this point but they moved us the next day and the suite made all the difference for us.

I was there with a girlfriend and my two kids and it was hard for us to all be in one room! All the packing and unpacking with small kids is a giant pain...but once we were settled I relaxed.

That is the bad stuff...here is the good...

The people there were incredibly nice about everything, despite the fact that I was so upset and making their lives miserable...they couldn't have been nicer and they really tried hard to accommodate us.

The beach was spectacular. Immaculately clean...beautiful water...fantastic sand bar...perfect temperature....I could have spent every minute on the beach.

Despite the fact that the hotel was full, we never waited for a single thing. Room service was prompt...we never waited in any of the restaurants...even the Italian one was relatively easy to get into...we didn't have a reservation and we only waited about 30 minutes...

All the food was really pretty good for an all inclusive place..

And, we loved the all inclusive concept...touristy as it is, it was incredibly relaxing not to have to get the bill and think about what to order for the kids. If they got something and didn't like it..we just ordered something else....if they didn't eat it, no big deal...

My nine year old loved the all you can eat buffet restaurants...and the place was so safe and everyone was so friendly that we were totally comfortable letting him have the run of the place with almost no supervision...

The pool was not that warm but tolerable and never over crowded. The beach and pool were popular but we could always find a lounge chair in both locations...

The rooms are very spare but you are not in them much and they are very clean and have pretty much everything you could want. I found the beds to be very comfortable so I'm not sure why others were complaining. We never had a problem with any noise in either our original room or the suite.

The wifi is very spotty and you have to sort of walk over to the business center to get it up and running every once and a while..it worked much better from our second room...but it did work a lot of the time! There is no dvd player in the room which was a disappointment for us ad we are in the film business and had a lot of Academy screeners to watch..and the tv was mostly in Spanish so we read a lot...which was nice!

The biggest complaint I have is with the Fiesta Kids Club. It is virtually non existent. It is just a room with some crayons and a tv. They don't do anything with the kids. It is mostly a babysitting type thing..as opposed to a fleshed out program with fun activities for the kids. My nine year old would have nothing to do with it but my four year old liked it. Basically they just watched tv and I pulled her out of it. They also have a teen club but that is just some x-boxes in a room..so this is where the hotel should strive to improve. If they are billing themselves as a family resort...it would be more relaxing for the parents to have the kids occupied doing something fun...I didn't want my kids to come to Cancun to watch tv!

However, all in all we had a great time and I would absolutely go back! In fact, I'd like to go back now!

Room Tip: Definitely the ocean view. It makes all the difference. The ocean there is so beautiful and the so...
1 Thank ampav
New York City
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was the first time that I stayed at Fiesta Americanan Condesa and I really enjoyed my stay. I came with my fiance for a 4 day 3 night stay in January 2013. First of all, I am obsessed with trip advisor and read many reviews before going on any vacation. When we checked in, the woman at the front desk stated that our room won't be ready for another 20 minutes even though it was way past check in time around 4-almost 5pm. This gentleman was suppose to talk to us about the hotel while we wait. I remembered reading many reviews about how aggressive the time share people are and I immediately thought that our room was "not ready" so we had to listen to time share people. But actually I was not bothered by anyone from time share my entire visit which was a very pleasant surprise. I was in the Superior Garden View room which means no view but I didnt care because I dont spend much time in the room anyway. It was spacious and clean with a king sized bed. Bathroom was small but functional. The pool area was nice and the beach was SO close by! I am used to staying at larger hotels where you have to walk a good distance to the beach so I loved how close the beach was. It was a beautiful beach with fine white sand and blue water. The waves are strong and you can hear the lifeguard blow his whistle every few minutes. I really liked the Cervicheria by the beach. Very good ceviche, guacomole and fish tacos. There were many reviews about the fish tacos and they were good but I definitely had many that were better so I would not overhype it. Like previous reviews said, some restaurants are randomly close and there was one night that we tried to go to Risoto and was disappointed that it was closed. We tried again the next night and the wait was over an hour at almost 8pm so we ended up not trying the restaurant. Overall the food at Fiesta was very good for an all inclusive. The drinks were strong and waiters kept bringing us interesting shots. The service was excellent and workers seemed genuinely happy. Entertainment wise we only went to the magic show and it was fun. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and wish I had a longer stay.

5 Thank alau824
Thank you very much for taking your time and giving us your review to many of the services we have to offer to our guests. I'm very grateful for your comments about work of our team members; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Longport, New Jersey
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This resort has it all-luxury (esp. oceanfront suite), energy, great layout, tropical surroundings, yummy food (from one who knows food :), friendliest staff around- very genuine too. I took my 2 daughters (in their 20's). tough to find a happy balance of activities when you are talking 2 different generations- well, i found perfection here. Italian restaurant was excellent with the Mexican taking a very close second. Had a breathtaking view of sunrise from our oceanfront- (literally) balcony. So worth it to spoil yourself with this room- WOW! We did the spa for massages (ask for Vicki)-she was excellente! Elijia (elijio- not sure) in the italian restaurant- perfecto service! Wonderful open flowing lobby with fun big bar and cafe for after dinner cappucinno. Most of all, very involved and dedicated guest services manager FREDDY. FACC very lucky to have this young man-he is a gem. also hats off to Gabriella-concierge check in. I felt welcome before i even sat down for my chk. in. Can't say enough. So Thank You FACC!

Room Tip: Like I said, Go Oceanfront VIP suite- not that much more in price and the sunrise view is still with...
2 Thank nametab1
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Cancun for our first time with another couple and stayed at the Fiesta Amerciana Condesa on January 3-7th. It was just a wonderful experience. The resort was so beautiful, very well maintained, and a great size (not too big, not too small). The staff were all very nice and helpful. The bartenders were funny and attentive, who doesn't love Niemas? I would love to return to this resort but with so many others to see we might have to try a few others. I still recommend it to anyone who asks and will have a hard time not comparing it to the next trip. I enjoyed the views, the food, the drinks, everything! (The bed was extremely hard but we were so exhausted that I slept okay anyway)

1 Thank Anna E
JohnKirwan, Director General at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your first visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to make your stay so memorable, as we always try to impress our guests with the service, food choices, the drinks and serenity of the environment.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.