“Stayed on Novemeber 4-11”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here for all the ratings this hotel received and they weren’t lying, This hotel was amazing!!! I definitely will recommended it, the only part I did not like was when checking in they gave me the hardest time to book a room with a king size. FYI- I booked through expedia and I booked one room a king size bedroom, and they said those sites are not guarantee the room you book. They go based off rooms availability so please be careful with that. After I fixed the room situation we upgraded to ocean view definitely worth the extra money$$$. The food was amazing; my favorite was the seafood bar! (try there fish tacos a must!!!!) Pedro and Armando where my favorite from the whole staff!!! They always made sure our drinks where filled and we had enough shots!!!!!!! They truly where the reason we enjoyed our vacation! Because checking in was not the best service I have received! Overall this hotel is an excellent hotel for couples, they have daily activities to keep busy. ONE LAST THING MAKE SURE YOU BUY A SHUTTLE BUS FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL BECAUSE THE TAXI PEOPLE THERE ARE RIP OFF’S!!!!!!! WE PAID 60$USD JUST FOR ONE WAY, AND OUR HOTEL WAS LIKE 15 MIN AWAY FROM THE AIRPORT.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 824tripster

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here in November 2012.

Pros:
Clean
Great Food (Lots of vegetarian options - but dont eat the beans or pad thai)
Cute entertainment

Cons:
Very watered down drinks, even after asking for top shelf
FAR from the club/shopping area (need a car/taxi)
Staff tries to up-sell you on everything (no free upgrades = $45/nt upgrade for oceanfront, "special dining" = $100 extra, Wine at the restaurant = $10/glass, SPA entrance for use of gym equiptment = $25/person/day. Request for someone to take your digital picture using their camera = $12/picture. etc) - 12.5% tax on everything. Low exchange rates.
Tiny bathrooms with poor amenities
COLD POOLS! No hot tubs. False advertising on their site.
Older and smaller than most other hotels at the same price range

Not hotel fault issues with my stay:
Guests are mostly spanish speaking europeans (age 45-60)
Ants/flies in almost all rooms (perhaps because guests like to keep windows open)
No attractive, young couples/singles.
Hotel is completely empty during the day. Bar picks up around 8PM-11PM

Bottom line:
Although I had a good time, I would not stay here again. The last few times I came to Cancun, I stayed at bigger hotels and had MUCH more fun. Options to consider: RIU, ME Cancun, Parasidus, Secrets, Sandos (all at the same $300-$350 price range). Also, even though it was "all-inclusive" I ended up spending about $100/day extra with the up-sell.

Positive thoughts:
For someone who has never been to Cancun before, this place seems pretty cool. There is a nice, big entrance with escalators to go up. The beach is very quiet, private, and full of white sands. Each of the formal dining restaurants was wonderful! They were beautifully decorated, the staff was attentive, and the food was excellent! I have not tasted food of this caliber anywhere else in Cancun. (Note: they cater to American tastes). They had both vegetarian and carnivorous options. The place was very clean and I didnt see trash anywhere. Staff spoke English very well and were always smiling. The sleeping/beds were as comfortable as other Cancun hotels - firm but clean. Comparable to a Holiday Inn Express. Tile on the floor.

Negative thoughts:
I stayed here because I read the reviews on tripadvisor where the staff was supposedly wonderful and very helpful, however, I did not experience this unless I paid extra. There were virtually NO activities during my week stay here. The pool-side was barren. The hotel lobby had speakers playing music, but that was it. One night there was a guitarist and another a magician. There was 1 bar in the lobby, but the selection was very watered down and provided in plastic cups. Also, no "snacky" food - no potato chips, peanuts, etc. Ice cream was made of mexican-milk and didnt taste very good. This place is about 4 miles from Senor Frogs (google maps does not have the right location). You MUST have a car or bus/taxi to go there.

Room Tip: Select an oceanfront room. I was on the 5th floor. Balcony is TINY, but it will do if you just wan...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nsipod
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I loved my stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again. I had such a relaxing time. All the staff were incredibly warm, friendly, helpful and gave outstanding service. The food was fantastic. I couldn't believe that an all inclusive hotel could provide such top quality, amazing food. The wines were good too, including the sparkling wine, which was available any time. The hotel is spotlessly clean; the bedrooms were really comfortable with top quality bed linen and towels. Again, really clean. I had a lovely lagoon view room. There are two levels of private beach area leading down to the beach (which is public) where I sat and enjoyed amazing views of the ocean. Also, a great Caribbean Seafood Restaurant overlooking the beach, open during the day/lunchtime. But my only comment is the sea is very rough; the red flag is up all the time (and is the case all year round apparently); however there were usually some people swimming in it so I went in a couple of times but it was too rough for me. So unless you're a very strong swimmer, be very careful when going swimming in the sea. Very good entertainment programme (including various classes) which you can join in if you want, but no pressure if you don't want to. Also, great shopping malls very close to the hotel (just a few bus stops away), and the bus goes by the front of the hotel about every 2 minutes. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: At first I was given a garden view room, which had no view whatsoever and loud aircon noise, but the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank CfromLondon
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you very much for such a generous review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan

Reviewed December 2, 2012

the fiesta A mericana Condesa is one of the best all inclusive hotels in mexico, so if you really love a red wine they got a good one incluided in the bar, also the shows there so great¡¡ specialy the ELVIS and michael jackson, but ELVIS SINGS ALIVE, THE REAL VOICE from this mexican singer is so tremendous, also the personal attencion from all the staff is incredible. thanks god we found this hotel.

Room Tip: front of the ocean is the best, caribean ocean is wonderfull
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travistravis
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our stay in Cancun was a dream vacation thanks to the warm hospitality of fiesta Americana condesa. We would highly recommend this all inclusive resort to friends and family. Once in here you do feel taken care of like family. Our special thanks Christyan and Manuel for their warm hospitality in the breakfast & lunch lounge every morning. Thanks to Hilda in the travel desk for her friendly tips on going around Cancun.

This place is not massive like some of the mega resorts and as a result not overly crowded. Just the right size. We had plenty of beach chairs. The couple of properties next to us had people overflowing at the beaches in front of them. Also the layout and the greenery in and around the hotel gives a nice resort feeling and not an appearance of concrete jungle. The staff was always making sure that the guests have everything they need for a nice time. Jose at the beach provided excellent service.

Room Tip: Sun or Moon tower ocean facing room. If you book for an ocean facing room, make sure it's in eit...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Som P
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your first visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to make your stay so memorable, as we always try to impress our guests with the service, food choices, the drinks and serenity of the environment.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,
John Kirwan

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wonderful place, wonderful people, clean and friendly. Don't change a thing

Lobby bar staff was wonderful, very friendly! Don't change a thing!

We enjoyed Armando, Yessica, Juan and Rafael at the lobby bar...they were very fun!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tracey G
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went for a conference in 2009 (ICONS2009), excellent experience. Hotel provides it all, no need to leave the facilities. It bothered a bit the staff concerns when I was willing to walk alone in the beaches, they advice people would try to sell things or even offer illegal goods. Apart of that, I strongly recommend a visit and planning to come back soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo