“Anniversary Trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
sc
“Anniversary Trip”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Husband & I spent 4 days @ FACC for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time! We didn't want to come home. The staff all were friendly & didn't hestitate to help you with whatever you needed.
At the pool:
We enjoyed our time at the swim up bar, Erik & Niymeso (not sure about the spelling) they were always friendly & kept our drinks full. If you want the top shelf liqour like Ablsoute you have to ask for it.
There were plenty of chairs available didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn & play the towel game. The service at the pool was great both at the swim up bar & while laying on the loungers. Activity team did have activites going on throughout the day such as Bingo & dancing lessons. There are two pools one upper & one lower. The lower one has the swim-up bar & the upper pool is an infinity pool. During our stay there were not many children, but the ones that were there mainly stayed in the upper pool area. Don't forget to try the fish & shrimp tacos with the chipotle mayo. There is also an snack bar which serves food such as hamburgers, nachos, & french fries, etc. which hit the spot after having a few beverages. In addition, everyday they will have two chefs grilling by the loungers, while we were there they grilled chicken & made a big pan of paella, however, we didn't get try either.

Check-in & Check-out: Both were fairly quick & easy, no problems. Once you get off the escalator the time share people come at you asking your name, they have list who will be checking in that day & she said to come talk to her after we check in & she would give us tour of the hotel. Avoid this, after checking in go straight with one of the bell hops who will take you directly to the room. If you get stuck with one of the timeshare people just tell them your not interested & they will leave you alone. I had requested an upper room with large balcony & it was fulfilled. Husband & I were facing the pool area with some trees blocking it, but it gave us some privacy which was nice.
Rooms: The rooms were clean & spacious, yes the bathroom is small but workable.They provide you with bottle water for the rooms, but it is safe to drink the water at the resturants, lobby, & pool areas it is all filtered. Housekeeping did a wonderful job every day. One night they decorated our room with roses & had bottle of champagne for our anniversary. It was beautiful & nice touch:)

Resturants: We went to the Mexican resturant for our anniversary. Our waiter brought us a cake that said Happy Anniversary on it in Spanish, which was nice. We went to this resturant twice. Husband & I both liked the toritilla soup, enchilladas, & quesidilla. Husband had the beef skewer & he liked it. I had the surf & turf it was alright it tasted more asian than mexican to me.
Asian resturant- It was good, the spring rolls were good. The Italian resturant was our favorite.
None of the resturants take resversations so first come first serve. The Italian gets busy & guys must have a collar shirt on. We did not eat the buffet for dinner or lunch.

Lobby Bar- Juan a bartender was great, he was so friendly & always looking out to see if husband & I needed anything, along with Yessica who always had a smile on her face.

Spa-We had resort credit & used it for 30 minute message for both of us, we did have to pay extra but it was of worth it. We both had great messages from Richardo & Carmen.

Overrall the hotel is nice kept up well, clean, the food was good, & staff were great! I highly recommend this resort espeically for the price. I wish I was still there right now!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with large terrace facing the pool area.
1 Thank arts527
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. All of us at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special moment as your Wedding Anniversary, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

I am very pleased to read your detailed review of our team, services and facilities and I know my staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,814)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband & I just got back from honeymooning at Fiesta Americana Condesa. We arrived to a beautiful lobby area where checkin only took minutes. They brought us champagne at that time and offered a mini massage! The staff is so warm and accommodating. When we entered the room, there were rose petals strewn across the floor and over the bed, with little swans made from bath towels. Very cool! In the corner was a beautiful fruit plate with 2 champagne flutes and a bottle of champagne on ice. They left us a letter wishing us a happy honeymoon. The room was nice, modern and on the minimalist side (which I like). Great closet and drawer space. The beds were comfy. When we walked out on our balcony, we were in awe of the beauty of the ice blue ocean and clean white, sandy beaches. It was actually quite emotional. There were kids playing volleyball and others swimming; sailing; and relaxing under the cute little huts that line the beach. The drink service on the beach (as well as everywhere else) was phenomenal. The staff knows when to check on you, and when to leave you to enjoy yourself. They had a Mexican Fiesta our first evening there, with live music and a buffet of true Mexican cuisine. The Lobby bar is a fun place to mingle after dinner. There is 24 hour room service with wonderful food selections all available at no cost (tip of course). We tried parasailing which was exciting and availed us to an amazing view. We jet-skied and took a boat ride. Again, the staff was joyful and prompt with all requests. They even stopped by with more champagne and desserts over the week we were there. They stocked our mini bar (all included!) with beer/soft drinks/water and always made sure we had enough coffee and toiletries. We also relaxed in the 2nd level infinity pool. The groundscrew keeps the property spotless, yet they somehow stay behind the scenes. The location of Fiesta Americana is prime as it is minutes from the airport. I can't imagine why anybody would go down to Playa or other locations where you would need to take a 2 hr. bus ride to after landing at the Cancun airport. Be sure to checkout the spa, as well as the several restaurants they have onsite (everything from sushi to Italian to of course Mexican). We will be back soon!! Thanks Fiesta Americana for an unforgettable honeymoon! Erin & Jeff

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beachfront view. It is so worth it to hear the waves crashing when you go to sleep at...
Ohio
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I read all of your reviews everytime we plan a trip and thought i was really being selfish by not helping someone else out...so here goes! My husband and I just got back from the resort (November 7-14, 2012), and this is our take on it. We have traveled a lot and spent time at quite a few resorts and cruises and even stayed in out of the way places to soak up the culture! So we have something to compare this resort with.
First of all, like most everyone else we thought the resort was beautiful and the staff were always cleaning and working and trying to make the best of the resort.
The Pools: The infinity pool was gorgeous. It was nice that around the infinity pool there was absolute quiet so you could just chill - or you could go down to the main pool to hear music and games - or go to the beach to hear the waves! The beach was one of the most beautiful we have ever seen. The water was every shade of blue you can think of and the sand was pure white, silky soft almost powder-like bright white sand! The pool water was super cold.
The Food: It was resort food, so I guess I would say average - Don't worry about the food being Spicy - they cook for the tourists palate - so if you want spicy you gotta ask for special salsa. The wait staff were wonderful. Javier always had a smile and the Head of the wait staff was quite the gentleman! In fact they were all great - leave tips they deserve it.
My husband went diving with Aqua World and he said they are a top notch dive team. He would recommend them.
Now...the weird thing for us was the Lack of entertainment - or maybe I should say the Entertainment was not handled well. They never gave much info on what was going on - you had to ask. Even the little paper with the days events on it was up at the front desk (other places leave it in your room the night before so you can plan your day), and the paper gave little or no information. They had a Wonderful guitar player in the lobby...but there was no sign or message on the Event paper...nothing. So if you didn't notice him, you missed out on a great guitarist. Who knows his name...like I said, they did not give any attention to him.
They had some good shows, but if you wanted to Dance you had to go out to a nightclub to do it.
After the Mexican Fiesta show, we were ready to dance! But sadly they just shut down and we were left hanging. It seems like they are afraid it will get rowdy so they send everyone to the nightclubs instead. Too bad. The entertainment staff were not very good at getting people excited about the days events....they would stand and talk to you...but there was No enthusiasm.
WARNING: If you want to shop in Cancun, avoid the Flea Market called Coral Negro like the Plague!!! The vendors there practically ATTACK you!!! Now mind you, we have been to lots of other flea markets before, and these people were like Rabid Dogs!!!! Go past that plaza and near there is a place with a big sign called MEXICAN OUTLET, the bus drivers know it as the Plaza Fiesta. It is like a souvenir shop with all the stuff the flea market has, the the same prices, and No Pressure!!!!
So overall it is a beautiful resort with incredible water and sand and the Staff is Great. There were people from all over the world there - so that was cool. There were families with little children and it is not a rowdy place at all. It needs to re-structure its Entertainment Department. More lively enthusiastic people that want to get you involved...and more highlight on the things going on. Oh yeah, and DANCING!

1 Thank CorazonOhio
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It’s great to know that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, facilities and food. There is always a room for improvement and your suggestions are very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week at the FA Condesa. It met our needs very well. We wanted a well-situated hotel that was clean with a nice beach and comfortable rooms. Everything was fantastic! All of the common areas were clean, especially the bathrooms. The room was great as well. We upgraded to an ocean front suite when we arrived, and it was very lovely. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless! The decor was minimalist but elegant. Overall, it was a nice refuge to come to after excursions and adventures!

The beach and the pool were great. Staff kept both areas very clean throughout the day, so it was always a pleasant experience. There was an issue with some of the hot tubs not functioning, but we didn't spend that much time there anyway. It was nice to walk around the resort and the beach at night as it was quiet for the most part.

The staff was exceptional! Every one we encountered at the restaurants, spa, bars, and room service were friendly, polite, and very attentive. They were a big reason for this being a wonderful stay. Perhaps my only staff complaint would be the somewhat aggressive timeshare people up front, but they were only pushy during our first few hours there. After that, we were left alone.

The spa was gorgeous and the service was absolutely wonderful, albeit the prices were a bit high. The food for the most part was decent. We were particular fans of the breakfast and dessert options; however, the Mexican food was only ok. The room service menu was very limited which was disappointing. However, we always ordered room service breakfast, which was fantastic! Lunch was best at La Cevicheria right along the beach; very good fish tacos. For dinner, Rosato, the Italian restaurant, was very good, but our favorite was the Asian fusion at Kambu.

We spent a decent amount of time at excursions, but this was a very relaxing hotel to return to. We will consider returning to FA Condesa in the future and recommend this hotel for those who want a simple but very comfortable place to stay in Cancun.

Room Tip: Ocean front suites have very nice views, but do face the pool area as well. During the day, there c...
1 Thank amscarnes
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one whole week and we had a fabulous week! The Staff was incredible (Hilda was THE BEST! Walberto was the best waiter I've ever had. Chrystian (waiter at breakfast) was soooooo nice. Then there was Elaine, the rep for AquaWorld by the pool. She was a hoot! And recommended the best tours for us. I mean, I never remember the names of my waiters and employees and here I am writing about them. Staff gets A+.

Stay - Our stay was so warm and cozy and accommodating. We couldn't even think to ask for anything because it was already taken care of. At one point in our stay, the faucet in the tub broke and they had a new one installed in less than 30 mins. Amazing.

Spa - The SPA! What a wonderful and relaxing experience. I wish I had another day there just to stay at the spa for a day.

For those looking for that 5 star, uber fancy, ultra modern resort experience, this may not be the place. But personally, I didn't want to experience Mexico by staying in something so ultra luxe and renovated that it didn't matter where I was geographically on the map. I wanted to feel the breeze, and experience the hospitality. I've been to Mexico before and stayed at the Iberostar at Playa Paraiso and while the grounds at Playa Paraiso are more fancy and ultra modern, they don't have the STAFF of the Fiesta Americana Condesa! They didn't make me feel warm and at home like Fiesta did.

2 Thank iamamsterdam
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review. Words can't express what it means to us knowing that you felt as home at our resort. This is exactly the way we see our guests, and this is the only way we want you to feel while being our guest. I'm very grateful for your comments about work of our team members; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Bangor, Maine, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We just arrived home last night from a 7-day vacation to this all-inclusive resort. It is very fresh in our minds.

The Check-in-
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were catered to 24/7. The service was absolutely top-notch. The check-in process literally took 2 minutes. So easy.

Our room-
The furniture was very nice looking, and the room was clean. I had asked to have a room on a higher floor and with a balcony, but we ended up being put on the first floor, which had a nice patio. I just wish there had been a little bit of privacy between the patios, they are very close. We got a garden-view room, and we could see the ocean a little bit, but mostly the view was of a cement wall seperating the FACC and another resort. The bathroom (well, water-closet, I guess) was very small, so it made drying off a little difficult. I have read other reviews about the shower being quite a step-up, and it really wasn't that high, but I'm sure if you have a disability then it may be an issue. I loved the fact that there is a mini-bar in the room, and that the housekeeping staff made sure that we had enough bottled water to last a whole day. The bed wasn't too bad at first, but by the end of the week, our backs were sore for sure.

The Hotel-
The lobby and entrance to the hotel are gorgeous!!! Marble floors, modern furniture, and an open airy feeling. Very nice. The grounds of the hotel were amazing, and there were landscapers all the time, making sure everything was perfect. I'm not one to really enjoy public bathrooms, but the one in the lobby was the best I had ever seen. The sinks were so cute. And the clean hand towels, were a nice "green" touch.

The Pools-
The pools were beautiful, a little cold, but with 85 degree direct sunlight, it felt very nice. There were a total of 3 Jacuzzi's and only 2 of them were even full. The water was about 3 degrees above the temp. of the air, so it wall a little... gross feeling. The jets didn't work, so that is something the staff should look into.

The Beach-
The beach was superb. The water was so clear and warm, and the beach, for the most part, was very clean. The "vendors" on the beach were very mild compared to other places we have traveled. All you had to say was no, and they would leave you alone. The lifeguards were watching the entire day, so I felt very safe swimming, even though the water and currents were rough the last couple of days. The service on the beach was good, other than the drinks being partially melted by the time they got to you. It was a big beach, and I only saw one server on at a time for the entire beach, so no biggie.

The Bars-
We drank most of the time at the Lobby and Tapas Bar. Denisse and Yessica were such good servers, and always kept our drinks full, and shots infront of us. I loved the fact that there was a nice little Tapas Bar. The beef skewers were the only thing I tried, and they were good. Other guests seemed to really enjoy the variety of cuisine there.
We went to the pool bar the first time, and the bartender (I don't remember his name) was giving shots to all of the females around us, but when we (2 men) asked for shots, he flat out said no. We thought he was joking, but then never asked if we wanted a drink or anything, it was very rude. We tried it again on our last day, and the bartender (Miguel, I believe) was so funny, and kept our drinks full.

The Food-
This portion is the only reason this resort did not get 5 stars from us. We though the food was going to be good, but we were pretty dissapointed. We are not picky eaters at all, and eventually by the end of the week, found stuff that was at least edible. We tried all of the restaurants, and El Mexicano was by far the best.
Risato- The ambiance was very nice, but when it came to the food, it was very dissapointing. We started with salads, and I got the Caprese Salad, and it's hard to do a bad Caprese. The soup we got was the Tomato and Cream style soup(?). Not the best soup I have ever had. We both got the Beef Tenderloin, and it was horrible. It wasn't even the consitancy of beef. We left very hungry, and in need of a different taste in our mouths.
El Mexicano was great! Luis Vela was a fantastic server, and always offered shots of tequila, and made us laugh many many times. Try the Hibiscus Margarita, it is delicious if you like sweet drinks. The Enchiladas were different. They weren't fried, so the texture was a little weird at first, but overall it was a nice dish. The Watermelon and Goat-Cheese Salad was amazing. Such a good combination of flavors. The Tortilla Soup was very good. And The Duck was great! We always left stuffed to the brim, and ready for bed after all the tequila.
The Buffet was ok. Your normal buffet. Although the service there was a little spotty... half the time we were never offered coffee or water at breakfast. Lunch and dinner meals were never too warm.
The Fish Tacos that everyone raves about really weren't anything spectacular.
Room service is awesome! All-included, all the time! Day or night! It is very good, we never had a bad meal when we ordered room service.
For coffee and pastries, head down to the little cafe in the lobby. I got my coffee there every morning and enjoyed the free wi-fi. The coffee and tea selection was very nice.

The entertainment-
The entertainment staff was very.... entertaining. There was always a game of corn-hole going on down by the pool, along with games of bingo, fashion shows, and sports being played. We played a game of beach volleyball and had a great time. Even though our team lost 3 out of 3 games, the staff never made us feel bad for having a good time while we were playing. The Shows were nothing spectacular. The Michael Jackson show was fun enough, although the fog machines were a little loud and the sound guy didn't have a clue. The circus show was cute.

We only did one excursion while in Cancun, and we went to Coco Bongo. There was a little mix-up with credit card information, but it got settled quick enough. I only wish that there was transportation from the club and back, as I was very weary about riding public transportation in Mexico, but it really wasn't bad at all. That is an issue with the travel agency though, not affiliated with the hotel itself.

We did a spa night, and the spa was amazing. You get free use of the facilities with your purchase of a treatment. There was a sauna, steam room, jaccuzi, and cold water bath. Along with hot and cold showers, that were a nice item to have after being oiled up for an hour. Along with a variety of products to use to "freshen-up". The message was very relaxling. We did a couple's massage on the Terrace over-looking the ocean. It was beautiful and I would recommend it to anyone. Although, something kept banging in the wind over our heads every 10 minutes or so, so I wasn't as relaxed as I should have been. The masseuse was very talented.

The Staff-
All of the staff the we had contact with were great! We were on our honeymoon. For the firt couple of days, someone would come to the door and say something like "Just checking on the room" or they didn't speak any English and the conversation just ended in them saying "Adios". That was a little weird. Well, come to find out, when we came back to our room later, there were rose-pedals and champagne. That was very sweet of them.

Overall it was an amazing vacation, and I would definitely stay there again, and bring friends and family. Great resort!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor will eliminate A/C unit noise, and increase privacy.
4 Thank coryo_11
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. All of us at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special time as your honeymoon. We are delighted to know that our restaurants and staff exceeded your expectations.

We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in a not to distant future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Fantastic Hotel. My girlfriend and I were looked after so well by the staff, who were so polite and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy. The room was very big and very comfortable. And the food was great, particularly the buffet which I found always had an excellent choice. Ent staff were very good too, organising activities during the day and in the evenings. Would definitely recommend to fellow travellers

Room Tip: The higher the better I guess. The view on both sides (Sea/Lagoon) is spectacular.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple