“4.5 Stars - Great place to honeymoon!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #20 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“4.5 Stars - Great place to honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Me and my Husband Stayed here from 8/27 - 9/2 for our honeymoon. I am going to write ad detailed as a review as possible, as I never would have picked this hotel if it weren't for everyone else's reviews.

The resort is only around 15mins from the airport (10mins with the way the tour operates drive haha).. a huge positive if you ask me.

Check-in:
Somebody took our bags for us the second we got out of our transportation. We got handed champagne glasses as soon as we reached the top of the escalator (and asked if we preferred to have beer or something else instead). Every few minutes there was somebody refilling our champagne glasses when we weren't even done with it yet! We spent a total of 5-7mins checking in. Everything went very smoothly and everybody at that front desk was friendly to us the whole trip. This was a great start to our honeymoon

The room (Governor Suite - room #513 - corner unit in the moon tower):
Although there was nothing too luxurious about the room, it met all our expectations and we couldn't fine anything wrong with it at all. The only issue we had was having the balcony light not work. One night before dinner we asked if somebody could replace it, and it was fixed by the time we returned from dinner. The A/C worked great. The shower is a big step up as many others mention in there reviews... I am a huge clutz (more on that later) and didn't hurt myself once on it... it's really not a big deal at all, but I can see why people may mention it if they weren't aware before they went. We used the hot tub one night and it was awesome and the water got as hot as you wanted it and the jets worked great. It was as clean as you can expect from an outside hot tub. Our balcony also included 2 chairs, a small table, and two loungers with pads on them (exactly like the one's around the pool). Our view was un-obstructed and breathtaking. From the front of the balcony you have a front row seat of the ocean, and from the side of the balcony is the pool/view and pretty much the rest of the resort. Having two bathrooms was really convenient. The couch might have been one of the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on, but we didn't really care since we never watched tv or had any want/need to spend time on it. We got room service twice and it came within 30mins both times. The first time the food was hot and good. We both had fajita's (Each meal came with 3 fajita's and 3 chips with guac and re-fried beans) and we ordered a side of fries (they were steak-cut fries and very good). They knew it was our honeymoon so they brought up champagne as well, which they did on one other occasion again. The 2nd time we got room service was because we were lazy and craving dessert... we got the brownie and apple pie. They were both just okay. We never got the rose petals on the bed like I know some anniversary/honeymooners get, but we did get the swan towels. I knew about timeshare people and the calls they sometimes make to your room, but I somehow fell for it anyways. They called and said they had a special honeymoon gift for us downstairs in the lobby. The only reason I decided to go down and see if it was a true or just a lure into the presentation is because we booked the trip with a travel agent who let the resort know it was our honeymoon and she said they were gunna do special things for us because of it. Once they did the whole pretending to be interested in our marriage and looking at our rings and asking us we're student or work and where we work, it was clear she was trying to figure out of we had money so that she could suck us in. We just kept saying we were all set and were not wasting any more of out precious honeymoon time doing a timeshare presentation.. regardless of the 'benefits' (money of our excursions, cheaper spa treatments). They tried to tell me it wasn't a timeshare presentation and that it was their 'vacation club' and that it was different. This is the main reason for my 4.5 star rating instead of a 5. It was also because I think they could splurge a little on making the suites a little more luxurious (whether it be something as cheap as a canopy bed, or more comfortable mattresses, etc.) I really don't like the decietfull-ness and pushiness of the timeshare thing. I guess the fact that we went down there and talked with the women (maria-carmen or something like that) for 5 - 10mins gave them hope that we were interested, because they called our room 2 more times in the 6night stay and stopped us in the lobby one night. I also didn't like how judged I felt when she was looking at my rings and asking about our jobs... Just because I have a small ring or a rock, or our jobs sound like we're rolling in it or dirt poor...doesn't determine whether or not I have the money to blow on a huge vacation package. Okay... that's my timeshare rant lol

The Pool:
The pool was amazing. I didn't see the "film" on top of the water that I have seen some people mention. It was very clean and just cool enough to be refreshing, but warm enough to not be cold (it was very windy most of the days we were there). We made good use of the pool bar and were happy we didn't see the same people hogging chairs day in and day out. Most of the time, there were 2 chairs next to each other available so we had no problem sitting there. I know this is not the case in the high season. The bathrooms over near the snack bar were clean, but we weren't fans of the one's over near the Ceviches.

The Beach:
We didn't spend a whole lot of time at the beach, but we did play in the ocean one day when the undertow wasn't too bad and we had a great time. The loungers at the beach don't have the pad on them like they do around the pool- didn't effect us thought cause we never sat there. We did sit under one of the mini palapas with the tables up near the hotel to read, relax, and eat some lunch and looking up from my book and seeing the waves crash was beautiful and relaxing. My husband had a cheeseburger from the snack bar that day and it was way better than I expected, I was jealous I didn't get one for myself.

The Food:
Majority of the food was AMAZING. We agreed that it was some of the best food we have ever had (to be fair we are only 26 and our normal dinner dates are at chain restaurants such as apple bee's and olive garden). Things I can remember that we had off the top of my head-

Snack Bar:
French Fries - crunchy and yummy
Onion Rings - crunchy and yummy
Cheeseburger - very good

Ceviches near the pool:
Fish Taco - I actually wasn't a huge fan. Though I seem to be the only one, so I would still give it a try regardless

Rosotto/Italian:
Fried Calamari - It was my first time having calamari so I have nothing to compare it too, but I really liked it
Ravioli - I wasn't a huge fan on this, but I think it was only because the sauce wasn't my thing... I can def. see other people liking it
Beef (I'm not sure what the menu called this meal) - This was my husbands meal and I tried it as well and we both thought it was amazing. The beef was melting in our mouths.
Dessert Sampler - AMAZING. The Tiramusi was to die for and we liked all the other one's in the sampler as well
Sangria - We both had this with dinner and it was great - perfect substitute if you wanted "wine" with your dinner but didn't want the house stuff or to purchase some

Asian:
Egg Rolls - SO good, a must have
Chicken Teriyaki - It was decent
Another Chicken meal.. I think it was called Chicken Yachatan or something like that - Like the other one, it was decent. The only difference between the two was that one had a very sweet sauce and the other had a soy sauce tasting sauce
Noreng (I think that's what it's called. It's the thing all the way at the bottom of the menu - there version of fried rice) - We both loved it
Pad Thai - We both thought this was pretty good, but not what we expected. A lot more veggies than noodles, where as the places I've had it in the states had majority noodles and that's what we were hoping for.
Fried Icecream - This was so good the first time that one night when we ate at the buffet for dinner, we came to the Asian restaurant just to have dessert there lol highly recommend. And althought all the waiters we had were fantastic, they were especially so at the Asian Restaurant (and breakfast buffet)

Mexican: (we got serenaded while we ate dinner, it was a really nice touch)
Beef Skewers - We both got this meal. We weren't very daring here because I have read that a lot of people didn't like this restaurant. Well the beef skewer meal was amazing! It came with some potatoes in a sauce and some guac and refried beans... we loved it all. At the beginning of the meal they gave us a basket of chips and guac/salasa and we demolished it... we both hate guac at home, but were obsessed with it at the resort. The salsa was too spicy for me, but my husband said it was fantastic (this goes for the guac and salsa all around the resort)
Chocolate la Vanilla Paste (or something like that lol) - This was like chocolate cake with vanilla frosting on the side, but better. We both loved it.
I forgot the name, but it is the only dessert that has "banana" in the title - This was the best thing I have probably ever eaten in my life!! I was mad we ate at this restaurant so late in the week because I wanted that for dessert every day lol

Lunch Buffet:
We only ate at it the first day...
Pasta Alfredo - Really good
Fajita - Also really good
Cheescake - Amazing

Breakfast Buffet: I cannot say enough good things about the breakfast!!!
French Toast: We were both obsessed from day one. We both had at least one piece every single morning lol We had it with the apples on it, the rasberry on it, we tried it with the honey and with the maple syrup, all were amazing!
Omelette Station: For some reason there omelettes were way better than any I've had in the states. I don't know why.
Banana Bread: Really good
Potato: I am potato obsessed and loved that they had a different form of potato for breakfast every day. One day it was homefries, another it was potato wedges, another it was mini whole potatoes. All were amazingly seasoned and very good.
Mimosa's - We had these practically every morning... they were a little too champagn-y for that early... so I sometimes would take a few sips and then add a little orange juice to it
*You can request bacon from the omelette station cooker, it is not out at the buffet*

Dinner Buffet: Much better than we anticipated. Not worth mentioning any of the foods though because they are always changing. I was glad that we ate there at least once though.

Drinks we loved:
-Strawberry Margarita's made with Jose (you can specify what liquor you want from you drink if they have it, if you don't specify then they give you the cheaper stuff)
-Iceberg (half beer/half margarita)
-Superman
-Superman Shot
-Mango Tango
-Daiquiri
-Sh*t in the grass shot (we were skeptical too, just try it lol)
-Miami Vice (half daiquiri/ half pina colada)
-Sangria
-Mimosa's
- The Champagne they give you in the lobby is pretty good too

Service:
This is the main reason why we chose this hotel for our honeymoon, and boy are we glad we did. To the point that multiple days at the breakfast buffet a waiter would see us walking to our seats with our plate of food and take them and carry them for us and then pull out our chairs. When we sat under the palapas near the beach the waitress got us drinks and some chips/guac/salsa for us. I know many hotels only have drink service, but they bring you food here as well... nice touch.

Outside of the Fiesta entrance, on your way to the bus stop, please be careful when you are walking. There are large cracks in between the cement blocks that pave the sidewalk. We hadn't noticed them and were in conversation (I was wearing flip flops) when I must have kicked in the crack, mid step. It ripped off a large amount of skin on my large toe and I lost half of my toenail. I was bleeding a lot so it looked much worse than it was. My husband informed the guy at the gate and he called workers in the lobby to get ready with the first aid kit. As soon as we were at the top of the escalators there was a worker waiting for me with first aid kit in hand. He sat me down at a table nearby and slapped on some rubber gloves and took care of it. The owner John saw and came over to make sure I was alright. The alcohol burned really bad and I was making faces and when he realized it was painful asked me if he could get me a drink lol He immediately went to the lobby bar and ordered me a margarita. I think both John (owner) and the worker did a fantastic job helping me in the situation and would like to thank them again here in my review. Although where I hurt myself was off the property, John said he would speak to somebody about getting those cracks filled in.

There was a more serious situation at the hotel well we were there, and I won't go into detail... but from what we could tell the workers at the hotel all came together and seemed to have handled the situation to the best of there ability. We saw John the owner there as well and again appreciated him getting involved instead of just letting his staff handle things. He really seems like a fantastic owner (and person) and I can see the establishment continuously doing well as long as he's in control.

If your planning a trip around this time I would ask the staff if they are having any turtle releases. My experience was with the hotel next door (we were walking the beach at night and there was a huge turtle we were walking straight towards so a very nice worker from the Melia came over to stop us from scaring him. One thing led to another and we ended up getting to watch the turtle get ready to lay it's eggs and I got to release one of the baby turtles in the ocean. It was an amazing experience.) I know they have turtle releases sometimes here as well though.

As far as bang for our buck, I think we got the best of the best without having to spend a ridiculous amount. I was afraid I would regret not going with a newer more luxurious place like the palace resorts, but I wouldn't change a thing and my husband agreed that we made the best choice.

We for sure plan on coming back in the future and would recommend the resort in a heartbeat!!!

And to all my cancun forum trip advisor amigo's that were curious if I was able to take my float on the plane in additional to my carry on luggage, it wasn't an issue at all :)

Room Tip: Some travel sites have fantastic deals on Governor Suites, always check before choosing a lower grad...
18 Thank Msowena
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing such a complete review with every reader of TripAdvisor. It was a great honor to host your honeymoon and we are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the convenient location of our resort, the food, the pools and especially the service.

Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

We all truly appreciate your generous recommendations of our service and looking forward to welcome you back.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,752)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chesapeake City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I could not begin to write as thorough a review as some of the ones i just read, so i wont try. I will tell anyone that has over 100 choices of hotels to stay in, if you want to stay in the hotel district, you will not be disappointed. First of all the service was memorable, and the happy smiles were contagious from the staff. The food was excellent and all of my expectations were met if not exceeded. The guests all seemed very happy, and no one had anything negative to say about the resort. I would certainly return to this resort and would recommend it to anyone thinking about where to stay in the hotel district!

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade, they are more than happy to give them to you if there is room.
2 Thank trevwill
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review, we do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff , so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at Fiesta American Condesa for 5 nights. About 15-20 mins from the airport. Very convenient to get a local bus (right outside the hotel) and close to shopping centers. Excellent location. We were on the 6th floor with a oceanview/balcony. Very nice!!

We had a very good service at the two restaurants that we dine every day for breakfast...Kalmia and Kambu. We had great service from everyone but most especially Christian and Silvano. Thank you! We will definetly look for you when we come back....

The pool is nice and clean. Overall I would recommend this hotel ...a very nice resort with excellent service. A very good value for your money. Hope my review helps those considering staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea Tower.... 6th floor ocean view with balcon.
2 Thank Annie M
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. I am very pleased to read your review of our team and I know my staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun in the very near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the absolute best vacation ever and the hotel was beyond our expectation. The service, the food, the cleanliness, the property are all absolutely stellar. We could not have been any happier and we cannot wait to return. One of the best servers we have EVER had was Jose who works the pool and beach. What a treasure! He kept our drinks fresh and filled, he ordered and delivered us food (way beyond what we thought he should have done but boy, were we happy, and smiled and smiled and smiled as he helped us as well as the other guests. I promised Jose we would return next year, and I am positive he will remember what we all enjoyed poolside. He deserves the highest praise!

Room Tip: A beach view will take your breath away!
2 Thank Lucie55711
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I'm a little late in writing this review, because I unfortunately got very sick on our last day. I don't blame the resort, but recommend that you don't eat off property. Enough about that.... I'm going to try to answer questions I wish others had answered when I was evaluating the property. Our stay was August 15-22, my impression by the occupancy of the hotel was that this was somewhat "off season."

CHECK-IN: There was a little bit of a line, but we were approached right away and offered drinks, which arrived quickly. The front desk staff was very polite and accommodating. We were upgraded at no cost to an ocean view room with a balcony. I did specifically request the balcony per the reviews on this site. The view was absolutely phenomenal. We stayed in the Sea Tower and did have a flat panel TV etc.

HOTEL CONDITION: So many of these reviews cite the age of this hotel, but I really didn't notice it and I am rather particular. In the interest of full disclosure, only one of three hot tubs was operational during our visit, but that one was almost always empty, so no big deal. The signs of age that I saw were mostly design-related. The entire resort is pristine, clean and comfortable. There were a few missing mosaic-sized tiles in the pool, but we watched the staff replacing them. We generally expect ocean front hotels to be in bad shape after only a decade due to the harsh salt and sand, but the hotels on the US east coast of the same age easily look twice as old as this one. They work hard at this resort and it shows.

HOUSEKEEPING: All I can say is WOW. We travel frequently, both for business and pleasure and I've never seen a housekeeper move the bed to scrub under it. Although I didn't witness it, I do believe they changed the sheets every day. We walked in once to find the housekeeper squeegeeing the sliding glass door on the balcony. After the housekeeper came, the manager would come to ensure cleanliness and they'd come again in the evening to offer clean towels and bottled water. I speak embarrassingly little Spanish, but I did manage to use babylon to leave notes for the housekeeper, which were always indulged, including extra large bottles of water and an extra pillow. On one occasion, we left our daughter's portable DVD player on the end table and when we returned, there was a slip of paper on it that suggested we put our valuables in the safe. This was in stark contrast to previous experiences at other resorts, where the DVD player would have been simply missing.

ROOMS: The rooms are in great shape. I'm not sure what other luxury is expected, but they are very clean and want for nothing. Amenities include shower gel, shampoo, soap, lotion, vanity kits (q-tips and cotton balls) and shower caps. They are refreshed every day and of relatively high quality. It is true that the toilet and shower are in a room separate from the vanity, but I personally prefer that layout. There is a significant step into the tub, I would say the edge of the tub was above the knee on me and I'm 5'2", but once you've climbed the mountain, you're rewarded with the most insane shower ever. The water pressure is incredible. This is pre-Earth Day stuff, with just rivers of pounding water. The temperature is also bizarrely inconsistent, but not too cold nor scalding, so it just made me smile. I don't know how the spa makes any money, because I've been known to pay for showers like that. The beds are firm, making the first two mornings a little sore, but I'd rather be sore than crippled by a soft mattress. After you've acclimated, it's quite nice. The rest of the furnishings were nice: a table and two chairs, an armchair with ottoman, dresser, night stands, a ceiling fan... oh the ceiling fan. Why don't all hotels have these? Tile floors. Why don't all hotels have tile floors? They're so easy to clean, unlike the sketchy carpet you'll find most places.

POOLS: Perfect. Gorgeous. I believe they are saline and so warm. So warm that I often accused my husband of crimes I'm sure he wasn't guilty of, because the experience was the same when my daughter and I were the first ones in. A 4 inch-deep, but wide ledge for lounging and infinity edges make it relaxation heaven. There are plenty of lounges, which are padded around the pool but not on the beach and lots of shade in the form of umbrellas, palapas and other simple structures. There are tables and benches built into the lower pool, which allow you to sit and have a snack in the water. The lion's head fountains are great for a free shoulder massage. The shallow pool is enormous and a great place to let 3-5 year old's play (supervised but independently).

BEACH: Gorgeous, pristine. We had red flags the whole stay, so the water was fairly rough. I did speak to a couple who said that the day before we arrived was greeted with swimming pool-clear and calm water. This is a coin toss. Weather will greatly affect the waves. If you want something reliably calm, book on the west coast of Cozumel. We didn't mind it and still got some great shelling done. My daughter (4 y/o) enjoyed being held in the breakers.

SPA: The spa offers a number of massages, facials, body treatments and wraps. It does not offer waxing, hair or nail services. Wish I knew this prior.... My husband and I each indulged in a massage. I got the Miiluma massage with avocado oil and he got the regular 50-minute Swedish. I do believe he enjoyed his more. The Miiluma massage incorporated a number of massage techniques, but they feel like wasted time if you're a Swedish junkie. I considered a package as well, but don't believe it's that great a deal... it's impossible to do the math because they incorporate treatments that are not part of the regular menu. If you arrive early for your treatment, you can indulge in the "circuit" in the locker room beforehand, which is 7 minutes in the sauna, 7 minutes in the steam room, 7 in the cold tub and 7 in the jacuzzi. When in the sauna, the attendant placed ice cold cucumber slices on my eyes and a cool cloth on my forehead. Pretty nice! In the quiet room, I also got a heated, scented neck pillow and a cool cloth on my forehead. After my massage, I took a nice shower in the locker room. Slippers, robes and all imaginable toiletries are provided, including toothbrush/paste, mouthwash, razor/cream, shampoo, conditioner and styling products. Bring whatever you like, a locker is provided and you'll keep the key with you. There is also a scale in the locker room. It did tell me nice lies, but scales do not belong in all-inclusive resorts. Take note. If you pay with your Amex, they will charge the MXN amount, which even after the International transaction fee, is less than what they'll ask for in USD. The conversion rate is not so great at the hotel.

ENTERTAINMENT: Having been on a number of cruises and to a number of all-inclusive resorts, I can authoritatively declare the entertainment at this resort to be excellent. The entertainment staff is available, engaged, but most importantly, not insistent. If you're a joiner, they are there for you, if you want to be left alone, you won't even have to say so. The evening entertainment is blessedly outsourced and incredible. I regret missing some of the shows, but the ones we saw... the "pool party" which is so much more than it sounds, the Circus show and the Michael Jackson show were all incredible. At other resorts, they try to make the same people learn seven shows and it just doesn't work. Here, people who are wildly talented, like MJ and the Circus performers can instead perform at seven resorts and do a much better job of entertaining many more people.

KIDS CLUB: Fiesta Kids was great. Fernanda painted my daughter's face to look like a butterfly and she was over the moon about it. Kids are entertained with games, coloring, movies, etc. My daughter didn't spend much time there, but met a couple of friends and made lasting memories. There is also a Teen Club, which we only walked past, but saw video games and flat screens, so what else do teens need?

OCEAN PHOTO: These guys bring a different animal or two to the pool each day for you to take pictures with. Be there at 1pm if you want to take part. My daughter was photographed with the larger monkey and the parrot sans iguana. A CD with all of the different poses ran $70USD, would have been $90USD if we had gotten pics with three sets of animals. Pay cash (we paid USD), as credit incurs an additional 12% fee. Yikes!

EXCURSIONS: For next to nothing, we caught the bus to El Rey, the ruins on the hotel strip. FYI--small children don't have to pay for the bus. We only figured that out after we'd paid for her 5 times, luckily that's a total of $3.50. At El Rey, you'll find 42 ruins, including a 30-foot pyramid, which you can climb and approximately three hundred and forty-two iguanas. I'm sure Tulum and Chichen Itza are way more impressive, but for a 70 cent bus ride and $4 admission, you can't beat El Rey. Bring a couple of bananas to feed the iguanas and then run and scream like a pack of girls when they swarm around you like we did. Pretty sure iguanas don't bite, but they're quick!

We also took trips to WalMart and to eat on the strip, either of which may be to blame for my horrible illness.

FOOD: Been saving this... as I'm a foodie WITH dietary restrictions, so I'll lay out each option separately. As a rule, the food is trucked in, even the chopped veggies and guacamole come in bags, but there are some gems in there not to be missed. I am gluten intolerant and sensitive to MSG. I am certain that they would do a great job of accommodating a peanut, milk or egg allergy, but gluten is so insidious and difficult that even knowing the Spanish for gluten (gluten), doesn't help much. www.celiactravel.com has a Spanish card to share at restaurants, which I didn't try, but may be worth a shot. This was FAR better than cruise food or any we've had at other All-Inclusive's. On we go...

KALMIA: This is the buffet restaurant. I've noticed some complain about the number of choices. Really? There are so many! I'm glad that they are largely regional. If I wanted chicken nuggets and french fries I could have stayed home. The breakfast always contains waffles, pancakes, french toast, refried beans, potatoes, chicken and beef dishes, several juices, oatmeal, cereal, assorted breads, pastries and fruits, sausage, bacon (at the omelet station) and made-to-order eggs. Let's talk about the omelet station. On our first morning, I ordered a ham, mushroom and cheese omelet. I took it back to my table (not entirely accurate as my waiter carried it down the three stairs to my table FOR me) and started in. It was good. It was SO good that I was afraid it might have MSG in it. I marched back up to the omelet station and asked... a very kind woman translated to Spanish for me and the answer was basically "we have no idea." The one piece of information I got was that the vat of egg she was pulling from was really just egg that they had cracked that day. That was the piece I was most concerned about. I ate my omelet and was fine. Had the same breakfast every day for the rest of our stay.

KAMBU: This is the Asian place by night, lunch by day. When we went, lunch wasn't available at Kalmia, so we had lunch here, poolside or at the Cevicheria every day. Lunch here was fantastic. Try the chicken or beef fajitas. Both were amazing. I heard great things about the wraps as well, but never tried them... for obvious reasons. Most importantly: COCONUT ICE CREAM. So good. Real shredded coconut throughout. Perfectly coconut, coconut ice cream. Try the coconut ice cream. Did I mention the coconut ice cream? Wow. Amazing.

Dinner here was also good. The miso soup had noodles in it, so that's a little weird, but you could order a few sushi rolls and be quite happy.

ROSATO: The specialty Italian restaurant was a good experience. Our first time there, I was able to communicate my gluten intolerance and they worked to make sure I was eating safely. Service seemed a tad slow, but you're on vacation, what's the rush? The carpaccio was a bit nontraditional, incorporating peanuts, resulting in an unusual texture, but actually quite good. The tuna tartar was also a bit iffy-looking, but tasted delicious. My daughter had the pizza (pre-made crust, but what do kids know?). Our second time here we used our credit to order the surf and turf (steak and lobster). I ordered the steak "medium rare" in English... came out nearly well-done. I ordered all sauces on the side, but as a warning, the steak was sitting on a breaded potato. My husband ate the steak and thought it was delicious. Ordering in Spanish may have been more helpful and on that event, I didn't throw a fit about being gluten-intolerant, so my fault on the breaded potato, it just isn't called out on the menu, so be aware.

EL MEXICANO: The specialty Mexican restaurant was terrific. I couldn't help noticing that if you want a surf and turf, you'll get a better deal here. I didn't personally indulge, but looked good. Here I had the watermelon goat cheese salad. Wow. Will be making at home. Genius. My daughter zonked out in my lap half-way through her tacos and our server generously pushed another chair up to accommodate her feet. I did mention that I couldn't have wheat and for dessert ordered the guava/chocolate mousse (was assured this was safe). After a bite, I noticed a very small chocolate wafer of a cake at the bottom and discarded the rest. Always get the coconut ice cream!

TAPAS BAR: Is it bad that the existence of this bar made the decision for me? The bar was more of a food cart-style offering, where a few offerings were provided for you to take to a table or couch in the main lounge. The food was fantastic. Loved the paella especially.

CAPPUCCINO BAR: This had some other name... don't remember what it was. Coffee drinks and pastries were great and I loved the ambiance. Comfortable chairs, beautiful water feature and open roof. Well done.

CEVICHERIA: Near the pool, serving the ever famous fish tacos, which are battered and fried, to be clear. On our second to last day I asked if they would cook the fish on the flat top without battering it and they did. Amazing. Wish I'd thought of that earlier. Had a number of ceviches and cocktails here. The ceviches are better... cocktails are a bit ketchup-y.

POOL-SIDE GRILL: Different every day. I only tried the ribs and the paella. The paella was fantastic (of course it was) the ribs were beef and not terribly meaty to be honest. I only call this out because the daily schedule claimed that there would be pork ribs... not so much.

BARS: Lots of these... lots of booze. I don't remember having anything I needed to write home about. The lobby bar did a good margarita, from scratch instead of with a mix. Mojitos were good anywhere, with real mint. Mid/top shelf liquor is available. Just ask. Otherwise, you'll get rail, just like you would in the States. That said, if you want a mango daiquiri, I guarantee you won't be able to tell the difference between Bacardi and whatever rum is in the well, so don't be greedy.

CLIENTELE: If there is a bad side to this resort, this is it. Let me temper that statement by saying I've seen far worse... it wasn't gaggles of obnoxious college kids puking in corners and screaming like fools. I didn't see a lot of bad behavior, more evidence of such. So instead of calling out specific behaviors, I'll lend advice to anyone who might be a future Fiesta guest:

1. Leave your empty cups and dishes on reasonable surfaces. The floor of the elevator and floating in the pool are not appropriate. The hotel is very well-staffed, maybe over-staffed, but they can't assign staff specifically to follow slobs around picking up after them. On the table in your room, a table near the pool, a bar or restaurant are perfectly acceptable places to leave your dishes.

2. Don't "save" 3 chairs with a single stretched towel under the last remaining umbrella and walk away for 3 hours. It's extremely rude and people like myself will move it anyway. And if you see someone doing this, move their stuff. No resort staff has the hutzpa to move a guest's towel, so it will take a movement by outraged travelers to stop this behavior. If you're going to drop your shoes, sunblock, book and cover-up and jump in the pool for 30 minutes, your stuff should be there when you get back. I'm only talking about the "savers" who are no where near the pool, but expect to come back after lunch to the chairs they staked out at breakfast.

3. Tip. I'm sorry, I know it's an all-inclusive, but you didn't get here for less than 4 figures, so a few bucks here and there shouldn't break the bank. We didn't see many tipping, only one other couple actually, but a little bit goes a long way. We left $4-$5 for housekeeping each day (less than a cruise requires), $2-$3 at breakfast and lunch, $1 for a round of drinks, $4-$5 at dinner. I still feel like those numbers are low, but they seemed to be very appreciated. Consider how hard these guys work for how little money and they've still always got a smile for you.

SERVICE: Unparalleled. All employees are willing to go above and beyond, are welcoming and genuine. Not one complaint. A truly great team at work here.

In short, a great concept and a wonderful stay. The best All-Inclusive we've stayed at all the way around. I'll be back and will consider other Fiesta Americana locations confidently.

Room Tip: Sea Tower ocean view with a balcony---perfection.
18 Thank ShannonMH123
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Location: right on the main strip. About 15-20 mins from the airport. Very convenient to get a local bus (right outside the hotel) and close to shopping centers. Excellent location.

Rooms: dated property. About 20 years old. I would not classify the hotel as a luxury hotel. I would classify it as a deluxe hotel. The restuarants are very well maintained and look up to date but the rooms are similar to what you would find at a holiday inn. Nice but certainly not luxury.

Restaurants: there are 4 main places to eat: italian restuarant, mexican restuarant, and two other restaurants called Kambu and Kalmia. The food served at all of these places is nice. I wouldnt say the food is spectacular but would say they provide plenty of options and is overall good. After spending 5 days there, we kind of got tired of eating the same food. I guess that would happen at any all inclusive place.

Service: The main reason I chose to stay at this hotel was because of the great reviews posted on tripadvisor about the service. We received outstanding service. Everyone at this hotel greets you with a smile and the service is definitely 5 star. Even at the resturants, they are constantly asking you if you need anything and will always try to please you. I was never disappointed. A definite 5 star rating for the service.

Pools: nice and clean. Our kids enjoyed the pools without any complaints. The deepest portion is about 5 and half feet. There is a nice large area for little kids and babies. Very kid friendly.

Beach: nice and clean. The waves are always very rough in cancun. We had the "red" flag posted everyday we were there. That means swim at your own risk.

Overall: a very nice resort with excellent service but a dated property which I would not categorize as luxury. I have stayed at the JW marriott and the Ritz which is true 5 star luxury. I would give this property a 3.5 star rating. A very good value for your money. We paid about $200 per night for a family of 4. Cant really beat that since it is all inclusive. Keep in mind our rates are during hurricaine season and prices are low because of the struggling american economy.

Hope my review helps those considering staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony. Many rooms do NOT have a balcony.
6 Thank gurdeep
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. I'm very grateful for your comments about the work of our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is our last night at Fiesta American Condesa as our visit lasted from August 24 - September 2. Simply put, I´m going to leave more relaxed than I could have imagined. The tone is set from the top down as manage John Kirwan is a pleasure to interact with. We (my fiance and I) never got the pleasure to meet with John personally, but through e-mail interaction and watching him everyday overlook his resort, you come to see why this hotel is so highly rated.

My fiance and I have visited Cancun the past three summers, previously staying at Le Meriden (now Sandos) and Cancun Caribe Park Royale Grand. So far, Fiesta Americana is the most likely to receive a return visit from us. Before we left, knowing that August and September are the down times of the year, we e-mailed John with a request (I will not reveal here, so as everyone and their mother doesn´t e-mail him with the same request). John followed through and we were pleased from the start. Unfortunately, our room was booked at a double door room which just happened to have a baby with a family staying in it. The baby cried the first two nights, so I e-mailed John once again. This time, for our "troubles," he upgraded us to a Junior Sweet. Moreover, John is a very hands on GM, as I saw him walking around the hotel each day, overlooking the operation to make sure things are running smoothly. Needless to say, I will leave this hotel VERY impressed with his attention to detail.

Secondly, the staff is amazing. We leave 6:55AM tomorrow morning and more than anything, we will miss the kindness, helpfullness and smiles of the entire staff. More than the ocean, the bright sun, the amazing food, the gigantic pool and the peaceful relaxation. Each morning, we awoke and were treated to the best breakfast in the buffet. Freshly made omelets to your liking, yogurts, cereal, fresh fruits, hot syrup, waffels, french toast, pancakes, eggs to your liking and MANY other options that I´m forgetting are availablt to you. Here, you will be greeted with the bright smile of Juan Jose Hernandez Palomec (yes, I asked him for his entire name, he was that amazing), the amazing hostess Yazmin and other staff including Angel Dguez and Jose Dorantes. They will make sure you have plenty of water, coffee and whatever else you like.

From there, take off to the pool for the rest of the day. You will we waited on hand and foot. A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thanks goes out to both Rayli Canul (who I am now friends with on Facebook, an amazing person) and Claudio Cordova. Both of these gentlemen made our trip more special than we could have asked for. On a 95 degree, they will approach you with a glass of fresh water, sweat dripping off their forehead, a smile and a happy greeting. We were told "don´t worry, be happy!¨ by both men repeatedly. I don´t know how much money these men make, but they deserve raises. We tipped them well and they absolutely deserved it. Look for them when you come here.

As far as dinner goes, all of the restaurants were very good. Our favorite was Rosata, the Italian restaurant, where we went 4 nights. The rissoto, the beef filet, the cesar salad and the caprese salad were our favorite. Here, we were greeted to the kind smiles of Francisco Martinez and Roger. Both of these men treated us like royalty, making sure everything was to our liking. Francisco especially made us laugh and smile continually. His energy and enthusiasm for his job is evident.The Mexican restaurant is more authentic Mexican food than I am used to, but nonetheless, it was delicious. The Asian had a wide variety of typical Chinese or Japanese food that you can find in the United States, including Sushi, chicken skewers, etc. It was very good.

Finally, the lobby bar at night is a fun place to relax, watch a comedy show and enjoy yourself. Here, we were greeted by Denisse Ramirez, her kindness and humor. She made sure we were relaxed and had a good time. In addition, we went to the Caribbean show and Mexican fiesta one night. Both were worthwhile and entertaining. This hotel is a bargain, I recommend it to anyone. I am 25 and my fiance is 21 years old. We enjoy quiet more than the usual 20 year old´s do, but this hotel has something for every, including a quiet and loud pool.

For afternoon snacks, there is a shack near the pool that has burgers, hot dogs, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, buffalo wings and many other things that I cannot remember right now. It´s unbelievably relaxing to eat a burger right on the ocean. There is also a seafood hut that has fish tacos and other items that my fiance thoroughly enjoyed (I do not eat seafood). The salsa and guacamole was amazing however.

Finally, all I have to say is... Come here. You will not be disappointed. As far as bad things to say go, I guess I could say don´t come here if you do not like sun and relaxation? Any of the complaints I read on here sound ridicluous. This place is amazing.

5 Thank Chris K
Thank you very much for such a generous and detailed review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.